Brides to Be

Options

Replies

• Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 10 years but I'll be 'in' two weddings next year.

I'm in a wedding next year too and I refuse to wear another red dress whilst looking like this :(
  • shellm3
    Options
    I'm in! Does it still count if I am getting Married tomorrow?
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    wooohoooo!!! I'm IN!

got engaged a month ago and marrying in August 2012....... I want to get hot and slim and fit and RAAARRRRR a long time before my wedding. currently 165lbs and would like to be 140lbs first goal.

Are there any Brides 2 Be from the UK in this group?

Shell are you really getting married tomorrow?? GOOD LUCK!! HAVE A FABBBBULOUS DAY ! XX
    xx
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Iam in! I am getting Married July 9, 2011 and I have 50 more lbs to lose before then. I have already come sooooo far...these last few months have been me gaining and losing the same 3-5 lbs over and over. Very discouraging.

So what colors are you ladies picking for your wedding?

Mine is pink and black. :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

oh my good god are you crapping yourself? how is everything? you ready to go? excited? nervous...geez i'm nervous for you lol...congratulations, good luck tomorrow! there's nothing you can plan from here on out so just relax and enjoy one of the most important days of your life!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Iam in! I am getting Married July 9, 2011 and I have 50 more lbs to lose before then. I have already come sooooo far...these last few months have been me gaining and losing the same 3-5 lbs over and over. Very discouraging.

I have 45 to lose so lets do this! i'm actually not picking colors, my bridesmaids just have to go "find a dress" under $100 and i'm going to have tons of wild flowers...it's an outdoor venue and an indoor reception so i don't want specific colors, just summer ones lol
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    For those of us getting married tomorrow, congratulations, and of course you can join us! Maybe you can give us not only fitness advice, but also wedding planning advice!*LOL*

My wedding colors are mocha and violet. Everyone always says they're a weird combination, but if you look at my weight loss ticker, you'll see the paisley patttern that is the inspiration for the entire wedding!!!:-D

Shannon
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i'm in...I'm getting married July 7, 2012...my party favors just came in yesterday, hell yeah I got them for 50 cents a piece! i got over half off each one...awesome score

wow youre really ahead of the game, thats awesome lol. where did you get yor favors from?

I went online to http://www.weddingstar.com/. My friend JUST opened a wedding store in my home town and got me a wicked discount on these party favors...i'm not putting flowers in them though, my plan is to make seeded paper and write on them "plant some love" I already have the Canadian Wildflowers...they're 100% organic cotton:happy:

9070.jpg

thats such a great idea!! we are getting married in may so i was originally thinking of getting personalized packets of flower seeds for our favors, now am going with picture coasters, but still love the idea :)
  • FitWithMae
    Options
    For those of us getting married tomorrow, congratulations, and of course you can join us! Maybe you can give us not only fitness advice, but also wedding planning advice!*LOL*

My wedding colors are mocha and violet. Everyone always says they're a weird combination, but if you look at my weight loss ticker, you'll see the paisley patttern that is the inspiration for the entire wedding!!!:-D

Shannon

I really like those colors together and its different and unique! :)
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options

Shannon

those are great colors!!! i was contemplating it for mine but decided with peach and teal instead...i thought it was more springy and havent seen it really before. i just got a crotcheted hat and mary jane slippers done in mocha and violet though for my daughter lol. not the same thing, but the colors are great!!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Thanx, i'm aiming for an eco-friendly wedding...my dress is 100% organic hemp and silk...and suprisingly it's only $900...i'm not telling anyone it's eco-friendly though because they'll just sit and point out everything that's not eco-friendly lol...i like the coaster idea too...i think if you get awesome engagement pictures, they will look amazing...look at avon (sounds dumb i know, but you can get them for under a dollar)
  • FitWithMae
    Options

I have 45 to lose so lets do this! i'm actually not picking colors, my bridesmaids just have to go "find a dress" under $100 and i'm going to have tons of wild flowers...it's an outdoor venue and an indoor reception so i don't want specific colors, just summer ones lol

Thats great about the bridesmaids dresses! I was maid of honor for my friend this past July and I about went broke trying to pay for stuff including the dress which was hideous!! lol...plus she got all bridezilla on me when I told her Shawn proposed to me.
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    Thanx, i'm aiming for an eco-friendly wedding...my dress is 100% organic hemp and silk...and suprisingly it's only $900...i'm not telling anyone it's eco-friendly though because they'll just sit and point out everything that's not eco-friendly lol...i like the coaster idea too...i think if you get awesome engagement pictures, they will look amazing...look at avon (sounds dumb i know, but you can get them for under a dollar)

seriously? my mom sells avon, never even thought about it. i found some online for around the same for a set of 2, i cant remember the site. my plan is to put 2 in each spot, one with our engagement photo and one with the persons name, so it serves as a favor AND a name plate for the seating at the table :)
  • lilRicki
    Options

seriously? my mom sells avon, never even thought about it. i found some online for around the same for a set of 2, i cant remember the site. my plan is to put 2 in each spot, one with our engagement photo and one with the persons name, so it serves as a favor AND a name plate for the seating at the table :)

oh that's an awesome idea...you're going to have an amazing wedding...
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options

oh that's an awesome idea...you're going to have an amazing wedding...

aw thank you!! im hoping we all do :)
  • lilRicki
    Options
    ok people here's a question, how do you deal with the jerks that are trying to ruin everything (ok a little dramatic, but they are being really selfish and whiney)...for example, my MIL is mad that we're having our wedding in my parents backyard...well it's an absolutely gorgeous back yard, and my MIL lives in a one bedroom high rise in the middle of the City...or my SIL is raging because she's not in my wedding party...i don't even like her, why would she be in my wedding party? even my mother feels that I should have a hand-me-down wedding because she still has stuff from my two sister's weddings...i figure if i'm paying for everything myself, i should get what i want right?
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ok people here's a question, how do you deal with the jerks that are trying to ruin everything (ok a little dramatic, but they are being really selfish and whiney)...for example, my MIL is mad that we're having our wedding in my parents backyard...well it's an absolutely gorgeous back yard, and my MIL lives in a one bedroom high rise in the middle of the City...or my SIL is raging because she's not in my wedding party...i don't even like her, why would she be in my wedding party? even my mother feels that I should have a hand-me-down wedding because she still has stuff from my two sister's weddings...i figure if i'm paying for everything myself, i should get what i want right?

I am getting married July 16th 2011 and am super excited! I weigh 220 and would like to be 150 by then :) So I need to get cracking. My colors are chocolate and light blue. Ok so i totally feel the same as you, its your wedding, do what you want and don;t worry about anyone else. In the years to come the people who tried to control your wedding will have moved on (and prolly have now tried focusing on controlling someone elses life) but you will remember not doing all things you want ed to do for YOUR wedding. We had to kick my SIL out of our wedding. I will tell you all the story if you really want to hear it but ultimatum we came to the decision we did cause it was what's best for our wedding!
  • butterfly007
    butterfly007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!!:) I am getting married June 4, 2011, and I cannot wait. I've lost 55lbs so far and I need to lose another 46:)
  • lilRicki
    Options

I am getting married July 16th 2011 and am super excited! I weigh 220 and would like to be 150 by then :) So I need to get cracking. My colors are chocolate and light blue. Ok so i totally feel the same as you, its your wedding, do what you want and don;t worry about anyone else. In the years to come the people who tried to control your wedding will have moved on (and prolly have now tried focusing on controlling someone elses life) but you will remember not doing all things you want ed to do for YOUR wedding. We had to kick my SIL out of our wedding. I will tell you all the story if you really want to hear it but ultimatum we came to the decision we did cause it was what's best for our wedding!

yeah i want to hear it...after we asked our MC and my SIL lost her mind, my fiance asked if she wanted to co-mc with my best friend...total disaster, i wanted him to ask her to politely step down...she doesn't like me, and doesn't think we should be getting married (however i'm the best thing that's ever happened to my fiance lol)...so she's going to stand up there and lie to my face about how proud she is of her brother and how happy she is that she finally has a sister :sick: the sad part is, my original MC is the size of my SIL thigh, and my SIL is a heavy smoker, so she can't even laugh without hacking up a lung...it's gross...
  • shellm3
    Options

oh my good god are you crapping yourself? how is everything? you ready to go? excited? nervous...geez i'm nervous for you lol...congratulations, good luck tomorrow! there's nothing you can plan from here on out so just relax and enjoy one of the most important days of your life!

lol....actually I am pretty relaxed... I have never been to crazy about it and have always had the attitude that whatever happens happens and I really just want everyone to have a great time celebrating our love. Thank you!