Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    gorgeous dress!!
  • butterfly007
    butterfly007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It looks very beautiful on you!:) I'm so excited!!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is amanda, I'm getting married Jan. 15 th 2011 soooooo close I bought a size smaller in spanx so nothing will fall out, as of now there is about 10 more lbs to loose to have the dress be flawless on my body, hope I can do this!!!!! Here we come las Vegas

same wedding date here!! do you find spanx really effectively hold you in?? my problem is that since having kids my skin is quite stretchy, so i look half the size if i wear decently fitting clothes, so was considering something like spanx to hold my hips in!

sweet....you look amazing! and the dress is beautiful
  • Webby1000
    Webby1000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    spanx are amazing, they hold it all in and define your shape, get a good pair, marks and spencer and figleaves do good ones not too badly priced, but wear them a few times first to get used to them x
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    spanx are amazing, they hold it all in and define your shape, get a good pair, marks and spencer and figleaves do good ones not too badly priced, but wear them a few times first to get used to them x

i agree, spanx are AWESOME. i just had my second baby less than 4 months ago, and wjen i want to wear a tighter shirt or dress i wear spanx underneath. they definitely smooth the curves (and loose skin).
    terrific.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Spanx are great, but I needed more support in the bust area than they would offer me. I ended up buying a corset with boning that I'm wearing underneath the dress. I'm still not as supported as I would like, but it's much better than without a bra!!!

Thanks for everyone's comments on my dress and fitting, they are appreciated.

Just a warning.... I put my pictures in photobucket and set them to private. I Facebook messaged the private link to my fiance's mom and sister with the password. They DID NOT share it with Dan; however, because they commented on the picture in photobucket, it became public in Facebook. I was really upset that Dan ended up seeing one of the pictures anyway.:-( I'm not superstitious, but I really wanted to surprise him.

I'm going to wait a day or two, then I'm going to take the pictures down... I don't want him to keep going back and looking at them. I'm just really annoyed that something marked private, can still become public in Facebook. GRR!!!!

Shannon
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in! i am getting married on 10/15/11 and it is just the motivation that is keeping me going to get rid of this weight for good. I have already lost 30 lbs and I am shooting to lose another 30 by my wedding. I am also interested in hearing about all the wedding ideas and planning.

Congrats and good luck to all!! :drinker: :smile:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Good job brides to be! The dress looks fantastic Sweet, I love the waist, and the 2 tones...beautiful. I went to get my ring cleaned last weekend, and my fiance and i designed my 1 year ring and my wedding ring...there's going to be a whole lot of diamonds lol but i'm a diamond kind of girl. I have to buy all the stones at once so they match, but I don't know if i'm going to get my 1 year made right away (it's a mirror image of my wedding ring). We also picked out Dave's wedding ring but haven't gotten it priced or sized yet. I have 35 more lbs to lose before july 2011 (one year before my wedding) that way i can learn how to maintain and start dress shopping, even though I've already picked my dress out. I'm sure my MIL would love to go to a bridal show with me so i'll go and try some stuff on.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Princess - the dress is very beautiful :smile: You will make such a beautiful bride :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    so i took my measurements yesterday and found a bridal dress size chart online. looks like ive dropped 2 dress sizes since i ordered my dress!

its going to be exciting to try it on because the girls at the salon didnt think i could lose the weight. they werent being mean, just stating how most brides say they want to lose weight but never do, so they wouldnt let me order a smaller size.

im realllly hoping the alterations dont cost an arm and a leg, but im still more excited that the dress will be loose.
    cant wait to try it on again when it comes in, hopefully february.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'd love to see pictures of everyone else when it comes time for them to try their dresses on as well. Remember, don't post anything on Facebook, just do it in the forum on here!!! Learn from my mistake (see above post).

I just went shopping with two of my girls this weekend for bridesmaids dresses. My MOH picked a beautiful mocha Alfred Angelo knee length dress. My Mom had to go to the mall to find hers. She hates dresses and really wanted to wear a pantsuit. It's difficult for her because she wears a 22 Women's, so she didn't have choices at the bridal salon and they wanted a fortune for the ugliest outfits I ever saw!*LOL* She's doing her best to match Dan's mother's outfit in terms of color, but they might be off a shade.... I'm not sure anyone will notice. She ordered three outfits online and has one in her possesion. We're waiting for the others to arrive and she'll put on a fashion show for me and we'll pick together then.*LOL*

I think my Mom is the main reason why I'm concerned about my own weight. I see how much she struggles with being overweight and I don't want to end up like that. In part, my Mom has an intestinal disorder caused when she carried me, so her food doesn't process properly. But she also makes poor food choices, which really compounds the problem. I never want to let myself reach that stage, as much as I love her!:-)

Shannon
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I understand the food choices for your Mom, Princess. I have Celiac's Disease + lactose intollerant so can't eat a lot of foods or really eat out anywhere. If something causes me issues, I cut it out - no use torturing or harming myself needlessly. For a lot of people that is very difficult though - I remember how I struggled when I first was diagnosed almost 10 yrs ago, but I decided that it wasn't worth the pain and damage to my insides in the long run about 6 years ago.

That's why I'm here; I want to be healthy 4-Life, I want to live a long and happy life with my future husband, and if it's in our future, be able to have children & take care of them the way I was, growing up with my parents.

I wish you & your Mom best of luck: your MOH's hubby is in my thoughts & prayers (we've had family struggle with Cancer, I know it's difficult, but positivity can go a LONG way :flowerforyou: ).
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    I'm in... my wedding is April 28, 2011 in the Caribbean. I would love to be 140 by then! BUT this winter weather has me down and I have a knee injury. Hopefully we can help motivate each other to stay on track!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble picking out a dress for my Old Hollywood Theme wedding next May and I'm wondering if anyone wants to help. If you do, let me know and I'll send you the link to the pictures of dresses I'm looking at. There are about five and I'm just not sure which to pick. I've asked my mom, aunt, MOH, and a couple of my MFP friends, but the reviews are so mixed and I'm really indecisive about this for some reason.
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    so i took my measurements yesterday and found a bridal dress size chart online. looks like ive dropped 2 dress sizes since i ordered my dress!

its going to be exciting to try it on because the girls at the salon didnt think i could lose the weight. they werent being mean, just stating how most brides say they want to lose weight but never do, so they wouldnt let me order a smaller size.

im realllly hoping the alterations dont cost an arm and a leg, but im still more excited that the dress will be loose.
    cant wait to try it on again when it comes in, hopefully february.

I have also dropped 2 sizes since I ordered my dress in July. Luckily, they were super nice and supportive of me and have let me walk in and exchange it twice. I am just about ready to trade that baby in again in January when all of my girls get fitted for their dresses!

It's so exciting! I feel like such a princess in that dress and it just keeps looking better and better on me.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I'd be glad to look at your wedding dress choices. Sounds like fun!:-D You should post them in this forum thread so we can all see them and give a vote.

Shannon
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    That would be fun, but that would mean posting five pictures here, and I already have them in my blog. Also, I'd have to get my husband to do that for me, because I don't know how. I asked for permission to use the pictures on my blog and they said it was fine, so I don't think they'd have a problem with me putting them on the forum, but until I can do all that, I'm just going to send the link to anyone who wants to help.

Thanks! I'll send you the link in a message, princess.
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    That would be fun, but that would mean posting five pictures here, and I already have them in my blog. Also, I'd have to get my husband to do that for me, because I don't know how. I asked for permission to use the pictures on my blog and they said it was fine, so I don't think they'd have a problem with me putting them on the forum, but until I can do all that, I'm just going to send the link to anyone who wants to help.

Thanks! I'll send you the link in a message, princess.

ill help!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    hey girls!!

1month and 6days until my wedding...and i got my dress yesterday!!! it's absolutely stunning...but i still feel like an absolute blob in it ...not sure whether to post pics on here or to my profile!?!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    both, let us be the judge lol...it's not ok if you don't feel good in your wedding dress my dear...