Does anyone here eat real food?

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I eat imaginary food, that is why I stay ripped year round, the excess calories are only in my dreams
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No, I eat that plastic food that comes with tiny fake kitchens.

Plastic+play+food+toy+1.JPG
    Because we needed yet another in a long long long line of "I eat plastic" posts? :yawn:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

The only way I eat peas.
  • shadesof66
    shadesof66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you saying BJs weren't invented by our ancestors - shocking..:laugh: :laugh:

But I digress...for lunches...definitely organic chicken, ham, turkey with a side salad. But also if im too lazy to make my own stuff sneak to Subway for a 6 " turkey and ham on wheat with all the salad bar stuff...only around 270 calories...loads of protein..

Good luck!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I love zucchini noodle salad as a side dish. It's so simple and insanely delicious!

Ribboned or Julianned zucchini (use a regular veggie peeler for ribbons or a julianne peeler for 'noodles')
    equal parts olive oil and fresh lemon juice
    salt and pepper
    Parmesan cheese (optional but very tasty)
    This sounds tasty, and easy.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't eat real food. I'm on an all paper diet.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Because we needed yet another in a long long long line of "I eat plastic" posts? :yawn:

Actually, what we really need was more snark. Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Have you checked out Ezekiel Bread? It's still bread, but it's minimally processed and 100% whole grain. They make English Muffins and Pita Pockets, too. I use the pita pockets for sandwiches at lunch. They're only 100 calories.
    Ezekiel breads are quite yummy!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Well to be fair, I don't care. :flowerforyou:
    Why I am I not surprised.
  • octomancer
    Options
    How about tabbouleh with lots of chopped parsley, chopped tomatoes and cucumbers, topped with some tangy feta cheese? Hmm, maybe I should make that next week for lunch. It's tomato and cucumber season here.

Are courgettes the same as cukes? Or are they something else in American English? :tongue:

courgettes are zucchini
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I cook all my meals at home. I eat things like spaghetti, chicken cordon bleu, steak. all kinds of things. I just watch my portions and I am trying to watch my sodium and fat intake but not ocd about it. I personally like peanutbutter sandwiches for lunch or a yogurt and at breakfast I always have some sort of egg with cheese and ham, lately on a 98% fat free fajita shell.
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options

Because it's absurd to call food fake unless it's made of plastic? Is that why you're not surprised?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm looking for more ideas for my lunches and dinners, BUT I only eat things that could be prepared in an ordinary kitchen using items that our ancestors would readily recognise apart from minor diversions when I go out to eat! (Ben and Jerrys!):bigsmile:

Also, try researching the Paleo diet (http://thepaleodiet.com/). Its basically what you're describing. minus the Ben & Jerry's and all other dairy. Receipes are easy to find by Googling any recipe name, but adding "Paleo" before it.
    Hmm.. Seemed to me she was taking a more Michael Pollan approach: eat foods your great grandmother (or someone like that) would recognize as food. Which is actually a very smart, sustainable way to go about choosing foods.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I looked at the "clean eating" brigade, but that's a bit too faddy for me. Our ancestors ate white bread, just not at every meal!
    So my ideal is to try to avoid overprocessed food, eat things with an ingredient list I recognise and is in season if possible.
    As I'm in the UK, some of the suggestions will be a bit transatlantic for me and the available food market here :wink:

(Currently new potatoes are in season, sweet potatoes aren't)

Thank you for all your input so far. Please keep it up. Friend requests also wanted if you think we can motivate each other or swap recipes
    And their white bread had very short ingredient lists.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    If dessert is imaginary does that mean we don't have to log the calories?? :laugh:

oooooh this could be a problem for me!!!!

I'm game for making that a rule, though. :wink:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Because it's absurd to call food fake unless it's made of plastic? Is that why you're not surprised?
    Nope.
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options

Nope.

Well that was certainly a good explanation!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Nope.

Well that was certainly a good explanation!
    It doesn't need one. It's just SSDD on myfitnesspal forums.
  • doIdaretoeatapeach
    doIdaretoeatapeach Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For a tabbouleh recipe, I'm not the best person to ask for recipes, because I tend to futz around with ingredients until I like the results. I usually start with something like the recipe below, but use more lemon juice and less olive oil to save some calories, and increase the chopped veggies and herbs. Combine the oil, lemon juice, and crushed garlic into a vinaigrette. Let the cracked wheat steep in hot water until soft. (You can use quinoa instead of bulgur for a change.) Dump it all together and let it sit for 30 minute or longer before digging in.

I read that tabbouleh is really supposed to be a parsley salad, so be generous with the parsley.

Original recipe makes 8 servings
    1 cup bulgur

1 2/3 cups boiling water

1/3 cup olive oil

1/3 cup lemon juice

1 cup chopped green onions

1 cup chopped fresh parsley

1/4 cup chopped fresh mint

3 tomatoes, chopped

1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped

1 teaspoon salt

ground black pepper to taste

feta or goat cheese crumbles as desired
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Someone brought these into work today, and let me tell ya... that is NOT food!

lightlysalted.png

OMG, I love those things!!! I could go through an entire Costco sized bag in one sitting if I don't measure them out!