How did you know you were marrying the right person?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Warped? Why because you don't agree? This has been my experience, it is a reality.

No. I called it a bit warped because the view you wrote above is myopic.

Is it really true you can't imagine a scenario where two people can live together happily without surrendering control to each other?

There's a world of difference between healthy give and take and surrendering control. I hope you can see it.

Edit: Tone
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in a little over 2 months and I am more sure that I am marrying the right person than I have about anything else in my life. I am happier than I ever thought possible, and that is even with the separation of him being stationed overseas. He is the reason I am working so hard toward my fitness and nutrition goals, not because he wants me to change, but because him loving me so much makes me want to be the best version of myself possible. We are so proud of each other's accomplishments are are supportive in the failures. Marrying the right person not only means that you love each other, but that you respect and support each other as well.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have to agree.

I have men friends, I date. What I don't have and will never have again is someone who thinks that a piece of paper gives them the right to control who I see, what I do, what I wear, where I work, how I spend my money, ect ect ect.......

I don't blame you. Marriage shouldn't change the relationship... and the "hard" questions should be asked and answered long before the engagement. People tend to think marriage will fix things, people are wrong.
  • Vupe
    Vupe Posts: 80
    Options
    I know, cause I didm't pick him, he picked me....never was good at the picking part.