House Sitter Nightmare, Please Help

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You should be grateful your house wasn't burnt to the ground and your furball didn't escape.

Little demon, threw up on my shoes and tried to smother me in my sleep...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do now.

If there were boundaries, you should have spelled them out for her prior to your trip.

If you value her as a friend, let it go and lay out some fground rules next time.

If you don't, let it go and don't ask for her help again.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone saying this is a troll thread?
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I now realize that I am at fault for not being more specific with my instructions. I expected her to come in, feed the cat, maybe watch a little tv and go home. I honestly didn't expect her to come in, cook a steak, jump on the furniture and do god knows what in the bed.

I'm just so upset I don't know if I can forgive her. The mature adult in me knows I need to talk to her, but I'm just so bad at confrontation.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    maybe she was in cahoots with your cat.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If this story is true, you can bet she went through all of your stuff. All of it.
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options

you mean CAThoots?
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I now realize that I am at fault for not being more specific with my instructions. I expected her to come in, feed the cat, maybe watch a little tv and go home. I honestly didn't expect her to come in, cook a steak, jump on the furniture and do god knows what in the bed.

I'm just so upset I don't know if I can forgive her. The mature adult in me knows I need to talk to her, but I'm just so bad at confrontation.

Well that steak was in the refrigerator and on the verge of going bad... I didn't think you would want your house smelling of rancid meat now do you? And I just invited my boyfriend over so that people wouldn't think it was left empty... I can't help it that we just couldn't help ourselves after that delicious bottle of wine you had stashed... though it was a little stale... but you know, can't be choosy at that point.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Go easy on her. I think she like likes you. Some people have trouble expressing their feelings properly!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Options

you mean CAThoots?

I'm glad my dilemma is so funny to you.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    What I would do:
    Get the address of where she works.
    Sign up for every free catalog, samples, news letter, etc. that you can find online (hint: sign up with YOUR email address but HER WORK mailing address. That way, when they want confirmation, you can confirm.)

Then...
    Address it to her name, DBA (does business as) some terrible company name...
    for example:
    Lisa Smith, DBA Merkins Unlimited
    or
    Lisa Smith, DBA Vagazzle Your Granny, Inc.
    or even different "business names" for each mailing.

That way, you turn that frown upside down!

:wink:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

you mean CAThoots?

n8Tr24O.gif
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

you mean CAThoots?

I'm glad my dilemma is so funny to you.

Most of us are here for you OP. We will not let you go through this injustice alone!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Options

Well that steak was in the refrigerator and on the verge of going bad... I didn't think you would want your house smelling of rancid meat now do you? And I just invited my boyfriend over so that people wouldn't think it was left empty... I can't help it that we just couldn't help ourselves after that delicious bottle of wine you had stashed... though it was a little stale... but you know, can't be choosy at that point.

BAHAHAHA...

you're not funny
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Options
    What I would do:
    Get the address of where she works.
    Sign up for every free catalog, samples, news letter, etc. that you can find online (hint: sign up with YOUR email address but HER WORK mailing address. That way, when they want confirmation, you can confirm.)

Then...
    Address it to her name, DBA (does business as) some terrible company name...
    for example:
    Lisa Smith, DBA Merkins Unlimited
    or
    Lisa Smith, DBA Vagazzle Your Granny, Inc.
    or even different "business names" for each mailing.

That way, you turn that frown upside down!

:wink:

Now this I would do. :devil: :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I was robbed by my neighbor who we asked to watch the house.

My other friend never bothered to show up.

I ONLY pay for someone whose been vetted- carries insurance and provides paper work for us both.

its SO much easier to meet- interview and arrange- it's professional- the rules are clear- and no hurt feelings. They do their job- then they leave. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Best decision ever.

Address her- send her an email if you really can't face her. But never ask her to house sit again. And if you do have a friend- be clear about what you expect. I have house sitted before- and if I was there STAYING- I ate the food- slept and watched TV (obviously) otherwise- I came in- fed- and left- no reason to hang out- feeding cats and cleaning litter takes 10 minutes- no reason to snack- watch TV- hang out or anything else. Period.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

BAHAHAHA...

you're not funny

I was just trying to help you out and this is the thanks I get!!! You still haven't paid me for my time either.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    If this story is true, you can bet she went through all of your stuff. All of it.

Yeah I would check to make sure things aren't missing.