House Sitter Nightmare, Please Help

Options

Replies

• Eleana14
    Eleana14 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow
    No advice.
    Just wondering if this is a joke to everybody because it is posted in Chit-chat, fun and games?
    No seriousness allowed here?
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Ah, come on -- "CAThoots" was cute. And made me smile!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    If this story is true, you can bet she went through all of your stuff. All of it.

Yeah I would check to make sure things aren't missing.

I didn't steal nothing!!!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I was feeling sorry for you, then I thought

"why can't you just set out multiple litter boxes, a couple gallons of water and enough catfood for 2 weeks like a normal cat owner?"
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    If this story is true, you can bet she went through all of your stuff. All of it.

Yeah, well where did you get that extra large diaphragm?
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't trust anyone to care for my cats, which is why I never leave on vacation.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options

^^ seriously. Board your cat next time.
  • jnichel
    Options

Kind of harsh, but I don't like cats, so I'll allow it. What are we talking about here? 2x4? 4x4? Custom made oak paddle?
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

I read this as beard, and really enjoyed the visual.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Yeah, well where did you get that extra large diaphragm?

And the trench coat? The trench coat is suspicious.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Kind of harsh, but I don't like cats, so I'll allow it. What are we talking about here? 2x4? 4x4? Custom made oak paddle?

I thought they meant WATER-board the cat. I was all like....IN!!!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I need some advice. This past weekend the SO and I took a weekend away and asked a friend to come by and feed the cat. When I got home I was shocked to see what had transpired. First she broke the lock on the door. Apparently she was having some difficulty with the key and broke the key off in the lock. We started to call a locksmith but found it more cost efficient to buy a new lock at the hardware store since we couldn’t just rekey it.

She also broke one of the dining room chairs and just welcomed herself to the food in both the freezer and the pantry. I guess I would be okay with maybe a little but she ransacked the joint and didn’t even do the dishes. Also I am sure that she slept in the guest bed (something we didn’t discuss) because it was slept in and not made up.

I felt like we had a decent relationship prior to this, but I’m feeling very violated. I’m wondering if I should discuss this with her? I don’t want there to be weirdness cause she lives right next door. But now I don’t want her in my house. It’s just horrible cause I invited this person in and she just made herself at home. I asked her to feed my pet, not move in for the weekend.

Any advice would be welcome.

I would not discuss it with her.
    I would let it go & next time, hire a professional pet sitter to come in once daily to feed kitty & clean box.
    Done.
    :drinker:
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I don't trust anyone to care for my cats, which is why I never leave on vacation.

Why not just take them with? Duh.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'd be pissed! I bet I can top this story. My neighbor and his gf who were housesitting and dogsitting for us 11 years ago killed my puppy. Welll, let's just say my puppy was on death's door and they didn't do a damn thing.

They lied and said that he was perfectly fine. I got home and found him on the floor, skinny as a skeleton, and barely alive. He was rushed to the vet's and didn't make it. :cry: Sorry for hijacking your thread but I have to REALLY trust the next person to take care of my pets.
  • jnichel
    Options

I thought they meant WATER-board the cat. I was all like....IN!!!

That's even better! I have much to learn.
  • Veil5577
    Options

Why not just take them with? Duh.

Because I can only drive to vacation spots and they don't like being in cars, DUH.
  • Veil5577
    Options
    I'd be pissed! I bet I can top this story. My neighbor and his gf who were housesitting and dogsitting for us 11 years ago killed my puppy. Welll, let's just say my puppy was on death's door and they didn't do a damn thing.

They lied and said that he was perfectly fine. I got home and found him on the floor, skinny as a skeleton, and barely alive. He was rushed to the vet's and didn't make it. :cry: Sorry for hijacking your thread but I have to REALLY trust the next person to take care of my pets.

I admire your restraint. I would have killed the neighbor and his gf.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I read this as beard, and really enjoyed the visual.

That's the room mate thread... don't get confused! :D
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    maybe she was in cahoots with your cat.

you mean CAThoots?

I'm glad my dilemma is so funny to you.

Oh.

I've been sitting here for a few minutes thinking up relevant cat puns to use in this CCF&G thread...

...but never mind.

I certainly don't want any hurt felines over it.

:indifferent:
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

No you just broke in, ate all the food, broke the furniture and slept in my bed.

Excuse me for being a little miffed at the disrespect.

And you owe me $68.27 for the lock.