Do you really like exercise?

Options

Replies

• donnatorres37
    donnatorres37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way, because I hate standing in one place or lying on the floor. So, I decided to do what I like best, DANCE, and I do fast dancing to groups like AC/DC, Rolling Stones, etc. I turn on Youtube and find something I like and dance to it. I exaggerate the moves so it works all my muscles. So far I am doing well with it and increasing my time every day. Good luck
  • donnatorres37
    donnatorres37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just love your answer.
  • amanda_louise27
    Options
    I enjoy it. Yoga is great, and I've been taking some classes at a local place - some are circuits, some are about 6-9 exercises, repeated six times for 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, before moving on to the next. The ones I have been doing are total body, so it's a mix of arms, legs, and abs. I love abs, and my arms kill after using weights for a short time, but I like knowing that I've done something productive.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    hopefully I will get to the point where the next time someone poses this question, I will be able to answer affirmatively as well.

I did get out and walk tonight. I know that it is not squats or dead lifts but better than sitting on the couch. :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    hopefully I will get to the point where the next time someone poses this question, I will be able to answer affirmatively as well.

I did get out and walk tonight. I know that it is not squats or dead lifts but better than sitting on the couch. :smile:

@Krizbee - No on the contrary that is AWESOME You took the first step in the journey of 10,000 steps! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Some exercises I love to do (like cardio) and some I love the feeling it gives me when I'm done (like lifting).

"Knocking boots" on the other hand I love to do and the feeling when I'm done.
    n6rsbPY.gif
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i love exercise. even though i came from a non-active family, in my thirties i was a gym rat. after health issues (caused partly by overdoing) including some long-term breathing issues, i am thrilled to be working out again, even though i have to be careful of my many long-sedentary muscles and connective tissues. i'm doing more and more walking, lately on inclines, all the resistance training i can every other day (just ordered a great new bench!) and lots of calf and ab work :)
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my cardio workouts. I'm constantly thinking about moving my body and getting some caloric burn out of my day. My mind has been programmed for a thinner me and I have made significant progress.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I like walking especially in the cool morning. Hiking is awesome in the morning too!! The sunshine falling through the leaves... A slight breeze is best. :) Sometimes I randomly like to go for a jog too; it clears my mind off of things. I do like to dance as well but don't do it often anymore. Workout videos at home is boring. Weight lifting and resistance training is boring. I guess I somewhat like to exercise but it totally depends on the activity.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I love working out- I wish I could do it ALL the time.

When i'm on vacation- I do 2 a days- sometimes 3.

I know vacation. But it's such a great time to catch up on all the missed workouts!!! (okay I totally know it doesn't work that way- but i n my brain it does)

I LOVE working hard. Seriously- what's the point of it if you aren't busting your *kitten*. That's such great feeling to me.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i love exercise. even though i came from a non-active family, in my thirties i was a gym rat. after health issues (caused partly by overdoing) including some long-term breathing issues, i am thrilled to be working out again, even though i have to be careful of my many long-sedentary muscles and connective tissues. i'm doing more and more walking, lately on inclines, all the resistance training i can every other day (just ordered a great new bench!) and lots of calf and ab work :)
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love exercise. It makes me feel like I am overcoming a new challenge each time :)
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yes. I also really like DOMS. :love:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I honestly really do enjoy it and it has become a hobby for me. It took me a LONG time to get to that point and I tried a lot of different types of workouts until I found my favorites. At first, working out was just part of the weight loss formula and I forced myself to do it. I kept doing it because I did notice small changes and I could feel myself getting stronger which was something new for me haha. I've been in maintenance for over a year now and exercise is a 6-days-a-week habit that I do because I enjoy it, it makes me feel good, and it's basically my therapy.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I get where the OP is coming from though and I think there is a mental hump a lot of people just have to get over first before they can start to enjoy exercise. The hump that not every experience in life is bad just because it's not as good as other experiences we like better. We climb over this hump every day we go to work and every time we eat vegetables instead of ice cream. We have to learn to find some satisfaction from those things even though we may not think they're the best thing ever. People who can't do that generally struggle in life.

I had a similar thought about this after I made my initial post....I do a lot of things that I don't necessarily like but I do them anyway. Paying bills, cleaning house, working for a living, etc. For now, exercise is in that category. I am sure that a part of that is because I have never done any exercise routinely, and I know that is something that I have to change in order to achieve a healthier body, so I am going to suck it up and do it anyway.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

@Krizbee - No on the contrary that is AWESOME You took the first step in the journey of 10,000 steps! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

^^^This
  • ANNAvsANNA
    ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Swimming is the most enjoyable exercise I've found for myself. I HATE being hot and sweaty and sticky....I just wish I could afford to put in my own pool.
  • ANNAvsANNA
    ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Some exercises I love to do (like cardio) and some I love the feeling it gives me when I'm done (like lifting).

"Knocking boots" on the other hand I love to do and the feeling when I'm done.
    n6rsbPY.gif

YES! Haha...knocking boots is the best exercise there is!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I hate it... it is quite miserable. I used to enjoy dance, before I got too big to breath. Now I have a roomie who frequently feels the need to degrade me in some way. Last night sitting in my chair I was mildly bopping to something and he decided he needed to say something insulting about it, so even just for fun dancing about the house doesn't happen any more. I walk with the hubbs at night. I walk at work. It just hurts. Always hurts. I believe the hubbs' response was "Aren't you a masochist?" *sigh*