Visualize your Success!

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Bump, still trying to figure out how to hold three cats and take a picture at the same time. :laugh:

Try asking them to sit, by the time they do, you will have lost the kitten too! ;)
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i've lost my toddler!!! which explains why its so much less work to carry him :happy:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    i've lost my toddler!!! which explains why its so much less work to carry him :happy:

MFP...the only place where you will hear someone excitedly proclaim that they have lost their toddler.
  • bostonboxermom
    bostonboxermom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did this a couple weeks ago when I hit the 28 lb mark. One bag of dog food!

10464302_10202592650593693_5551152385798494146_n.jpg
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump...I have some ideas, but have to get home first!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

Bumping to come back later.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

MFP...the only place where you will hear someone excitedly proclaim that they have lost their toddler.

This made me laugh out loud.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I dont think I could walk around with an extra 72lbs for a day and not look awkward.
  • sparklefrogz
    sparklefrogz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    In a similar vein, this website may be of interest: http://www.bluebulbprojects.com/MeasureOfThings/php/default.php

I've lost a Dalmatian, or about 2.5 gold bars. Unfortunately I don't have either handy for a photo right now!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Bump, still trying to figure out how to hold three cats and take a picture at the same time. :laugh:

Try asking them to sit, by the time they do, you will have lost the kitten too! ;)

All of their names are applicable. Velcro would be no problem, except Orange can't stand him. Spaz and Houdini might be issues though.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea but ouch. It pains my joints just to think about it.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    A few months back my 12 year old was helping me food shop and was carrying a 10lb bag of potatoes for me. I told him, "I used to have four times that amount on my body, carrying it around." He was about as impressed as you might imagine a 12 year old boy can be in the health accomplishments of his 45 year old mom, ie none at all, but I was feeling pretty darn proud.
  • saistarxo
    saistarxo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Thanks for sharing.
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Back in 1995 I was at an all-time high of 348 lbs (PIG!!!) I'm at 314 now and have been as low as 261 lbs since that fateful weigh-in in 1995. So for nearly 20 years I have been yo-yoing from basically 260-350 lbs. I'm going to try your challenge and walk around the gym for a while carrying dumbbells to represent the weight - only be about 35 lbs now, but I want to see that 260 lb again and then carry around an extra 90 lbs in dumbbells. Wow!!! It will prove to me that basically it was a "dumbbell" carrying the dumbbells! Thanks
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A few months back my 12 year old was helping me food shop and was carrying a 10lb bag of potatoes for me. I told him, "I used to have four times that amount on my body, carrying it around." He was about as impressed as you might imagine a 12 year old boy can be in the health accomplishments of his 45 year old mom, ie none at all, but I was feeling pretty darn proud.

Speaking of 12 year olds - I'd like to lose one!!!!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did this a couple weeks ago when I hit the 28 lb mark. One bag of dog food!

10464302_10202592650593693_5551152385798494146_n.jpg

Holy cow, this is a great thread - I needed this motivation lately as I've been a bit plateaued. I especially love this picture - those bags are HEAVY and I've lost at least one. Might be a picture taken at my house when I get home tonight, just sayin' :-)
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I need to wait until I lose more but will definately do this.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I picture Oprah and her wagon of fat from 1988.

1306172340_hp-oprah-lg.jpg

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Oprah-Wheels-Out-the-Wagon-of-Fat-Video
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    bump because this thread is cool!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!