Visualize your Success!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Originally I planned to hold 44 lbs worth of my fat clothes (which I really need to donate). It turned out I couldn't hold that much, so I'm holding 24 lbs worth and there's another 20 lbs in the backpack.

e9320837-7055-4334-955f-f9e4b251c2d7_zps5b8c14fd.jpg
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow MINDREADER lol I actually had this thought last night on my warm up set of squats at 110lbs that basically this was what I was carrying around each and every day before losing weight... I actually had a little cry to myself thinking how different life would be now if I still had that 110lbs on my body...

now to think of creative ways to show that....
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I was going to take a picture of myself, next to 50 pounds of butter in the grocery store, when I hit that milestone 1.5 years ago, but I never actually got around to it. I actually can't lift what I've lost now, because of a wrist surgery I had last year.

Good job everyone!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Originally I planned to hold 44 lbs worth of my fat clothes (which I really need to donate). It turned out I couldn't hold that much, so I'm holding 24 lbs worth and there's another 20 lbs in the backpack.

e9320837-7055-4334-955f-f9e4b251c2d7_zps5b8c14fd.jpg

That is pretty awesome. You have lost in weight the amount your fat-clothes weigh. Looks like a whole wardrobes worth too.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @Iliftheavyacrylics - Whoa I just "got it" You ARE your user name! :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    @Iliftheavyacrylics - Whoa I just "got it" You ARE your user name! :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    this is a great idea... let me go grab my feather.
    I haven't lost anything yet, back on the wagon, hoping I could one day do something like this though
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    OMGosh Love this! My fiance had to help me visualize how far I had come so I totally get this! I dont have a pic of it though and I'm at work, but will definitely have to keep this in mind!! At the time he did this, I lost 15 lbs and it took me 4 months to get it off and my whole weight loss has been SLOOOOWWWWWW, so I was pretty down on myself about it, and he kept telling me, that HELLO, you LOST 15 LBS, that's GREAT! But I kept looking at how long it took and being negative, then one day we went to the grocery store, and he held up the 10 lb bag of potatos and said "honey hold this real quick" so I went and held it, and he went and got my 5 lb weight and put it in my other hand and said YOU LOST THAT MUCH WEIGHT, quit being hard on yourself, you are doing great!!

It really put it in perspective! I love this idea and am now going to look through the pics of people who have shared! :) Way to put a positive spin on this!!
  • rudydtd
    rudydtd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. I saw this on TBL once and thought it was pretty impressive.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    this is a great idea... let me go grab my feather.

@Mandy - That is the funniest thing I have read on MFP in a long time! :laugh: - Well played! :drinker:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Love it. But I can't figure out how to burden myself with 129 pounds of stuff and not get squished under it!

Hah but that is exactly what I was hoping for. Would love to see that person who lost 100+ pounds with some giant backpack on trying to slog around some dumbbells while wearing huge boots. I mean that has just got to feel so amazing knowing that all that weight that you struggle to carry was weight you used to carry around every day simply by being that overweight.

Part of me wanted to make this a challenge, to see if anyone who had lost 50+ pounds would be willing to put that on in a backpack and carry it around all day just to see how that felt.

Someone else might take you up on it, I have to plead a genetic bad back!
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I manage a restaurant and work with a guy who lost 100...So putting 2. 50# bags of potatoes on the table is very enlightening.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    bump because this thread is too cool to sink in the depths!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    A few pounds ago, I threw a 25lb dumbbell into my backpack and hit the treadmill. Not gonna lie, it sucked. Good reminder of how far I have come. Great thread! :flowerforyou:
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90lbs. I have no idea how to represent that. Maybe 9 bags of potatoes? I can't imagine trying to walk on the treadmill with that strapped to my back anymore....no wonder I puked the first time I tried to go biking. :/
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    This thread needs more pics.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Right, so not very imaginative but weights have changed my life so means something to me. This is 2 x 20kg plates and a 12.5kgs in the backpack - total of 52.5kgs which is approx 114lbs

Tried to pile up the plates and lift them all together but couldn't. Very humbling experience.

[img]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/Psych1011/Mobile Uploads/98384b69-5578-40d4-9a18-42d82c41a736_zps81b605b7.jpg[/img]
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Right, so not very imaginative but weights have changed my life so means something to me. This is 2 x 20kg plates and a 12.5kgs in the backpack - total of 52.5kgs which is approx 114lbs

Tried to pile up the plates and lift them all together but couldn't. Very humbling experience.

[img]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/Psych1011/Mobile Uploads/98384b69-5578-40d4-9a18-42d82c41a736_zps81b605b7.jpg[/img]

Awesome!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    This thread needs more pics.

@ILiftheavy
    Agreed - but you set the bar so high! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!