Not tonight honey, a Friends re-run is on....

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My husband is diabetic and cannot.... am I supposed to get sex elsewhere then? No thank you, I'd rather do without or do for myself than hurt my mate of 43 years. Sex can be great fun, but if that's the only thing holding a couple together, how shallow, and how sad.
  • barbiesykes
    Options
    perhaps its not that she doesn't want to be physical with her husband...perhaps like in my case it is simply that I feel my body is so gross I am ashamed of it and don't want my husband to see it. We don't really know all the reasons behind why she is saying no and if she keeps saying no why isn't he asking her why instead of making a spreadsheet.

My husband (thank goodness) has been very understanding in how I feel about myself. He knows what I am like when I'm thin and now when I'm not - he knows what is going on with me and doesn't pressure me. He knows when I am ready he better be rested up ;)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My husband is diabetic and cannot.... am I supposed to get sex elsewhere then? No thank you, I'd rather do without or do for myself than hurt my mate of 43 years. Sex can be great fun, but if that's the only thing holding a couple together, how shallow, and how sad.

This explains so much.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There is still a lot that can be done, even if you can't have intercourse. But, everyone likes different things, of course. I wouldn't let it hold me back from continuing an intimate sex life with my partner. I understand if it's not possible for everyone.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    didn't read entire thread, response to OP...

we don't know the entire story however....

let's say he DID communicate with her on a regular basis prior to the spreadsheet. we don't know. ppl assume he did not. This could have been his last ditch effort.

perhaps they did go to counseling, again, we don't know.

IMO... keeping a log/journal of issues (good & bad) is not a bad thing. couples can share this log in their communication efforts. in addition, if the relationship goes south it will come in handy in a divorce proceeding.

making it public like 'she' did, now that was wrong.