I made goal!! And celebrated by gaining 80 lbs.

Options
AtlantaBob
AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
I lost 95 pounds, Felt GREAT. As a treat I thought I'd take a few days to celebrate and eat some old favorites.
Well, a few days turned into 2 years and here I am....quite the celebration eh?
Put 80 back on. sigh
Anyone else done that?
So here we go again. I'm looking for friends that don't mind hanging out with a relapser.
BTW - down 15 since starting 1st of month

Replies

• xxval21xx
    xxval21xx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think alot of people can relate to you. Even though i havent put on as much as you, i had lost 20 lbs and quit MFP because at the time i couldnt see any difference in my physical appearance. By the time i came back I had gained the full 20 back plus an additional 10.... So here I am again determined to wait it out this time and not to give up.
  • danthedeacsfan1
    danthedeacsfan1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs, my daughter was born & that ended my morning gym time. She is now 14 months old. I have gained back 20 of the 40 & flirted w/gaining back 30 of it, along the way. I am back at the gym & added MFP back to my phone today!! Good Luck to us!!
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    @Xxval21xx
    good luck this time. It seems we both left MFP. Maybe staying here is the trick, eh?
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    @Danthedeacsfan1
    yes, good luck to us all!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lost 100, gained about 20 back, down 5-7 so an additional 15 to my original low weight and I'd like to lose 5-10 beyond that. Working on it everyday. Its easy to get off track! The key for me is continuing to exercise NO MATTER WHAT and always log my food even if I overdid it or got off program.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Been there done that myself! Welcome back!
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    :happy:
  • JeanieBean1074
    Options
    i had lost 20 lbs and quit MFP because at the time i couldnt see any difference in my physical appearance. By the time i came back I had gained the full 20 back plus an additional 10.... So here I am again determined to wait it out this time and not to give up.

It really is easy to lose your determination when you don't see your results like you wish to. But just remembering that each day is a new day can really help.
    I recently read a quote that said something like... "Giving up just because you have one bad day is like slashing the other 3 tires just because you got a flat." :) Best of luck to all of you on your journey to good health!
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    Been there done that myself! Welcome back!

@Lilylee757, thanks!
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    Lost 100, gained about 20 back, down 5-7 so an additional 15 to my original low weight and I'd like to lose 5-10 beyond that. Working on it everyday. Its easy to get off track! The key for me is continuing to exercise NO MATTER WHAT and always log my food even if I overdid it or got off program.

Well done. You caught your relapse in time. Best of luck sticking to it!
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I feel your pain.
    I lost 126 lbs and gained back 27 lbs!! And I'm not even sure how it happened. LOL
    Back to paying attention to what I put in my mouth and the gym.
    We didn't work as hard as we did to lose it and than put it back on!!
  • ashgirl95
    ashgirl95 Posts: 48
    Options
    I lost 30, and gained it all back during my first year of college. It sucks, but there's nothing to do but get back on the horse!

Good luck on your journey.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I expect to keep logging on MFP now that I'm approaching the maintenance phase of my weight loss. It keeps me honest about the amount I'm eating.
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    I feel your pain.
    I lost 126 lbs and gained back 27 lbs!! And I'm not even sure how it happened. LOL
    Back to paying attention to what I put in my mouth and the gym.
    We didn't work as hard as we did to lose it and than put it back on!!

126! Congratulations. I think I know your elation. You can do 27. I know it
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    I lost 30, and gained it all back during my first year of college. It sucks, but there's nothing to do but get back on the horse!

Good luck on your journey.

Thank you...and on yours as well
  • AtlantaBob
    Options
    I expect to keep logging on MFP now that I'm approaching the maintenance phase of my weight loss. It keeps me honest about the amount I'm eating.

88 lost! Well done!
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    if only it was as easy to lose as it is to find! this is the first time I've lost this much - but have more than once lost 15 to 20 - then gained back 25... you get the idea... feel free to add me... cuz this time I'm not letting that fat back!!
  • guwisti
    guwisti Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It happens! I hadn't made it to goal, but had lost 50 pounds by last spring. Then had a few family setbacks (which is no excuse, but is my reason), then had a friend go under the knife and lose a ton of weight, and it just kinda ticked me off. So how did I revolt? I gained all of my 50 pounds back! yikes! So back on here to lose it all over again and then some. Must. Keep. Tracking. Cannot stop. That's what I gotta keep doing. You'll get it!
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I know how the OP's feeling.

I was weighing at 200 last year, and dropped from 250.

Now I'm back at 225. Talk about depressing.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us! Just have to dust your self off and get back on the horse :o) Welcome back! Feel free to add me.