I made goal!! And celebrated by gaining 80 lbs.

Options

Replies

• gaelgirl
    gaelgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I lost 35 lbs, was feeling great. I drifted away from MFP - and tracking and working out in general. I've gained about 40 lbs and here I am, back to the start again. Good luck. You did it once, you can do it again!
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i had lost 20 lbs and quit MFP because at the time i couldnt see any difference in my physical appearance. By the time i came back I had gained the full 20 back plus an additional 10.... So here I am again determined to wait it out this time and not to give up.

It really is easy to lose your determination when you don't see your results like you wish to. But just remembering that each day is a new day can really help.
    I recently read a quote that said something like... "Giving up just because you have one bad day is like slashing the other 3 tires just because you got a flat." :) Best of luck to all of you on your journey to good health!

Love this!!:love::love:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I lost 95 pounds, Felt GREAT. As a treat I thought I'd take a few days to celebrate and eat some old favorites.
    Well, a few days turned into 2 years and here I am....quite the celebration eh?
    Put 80 back on. sigh
    Anyone else done that?
    So here we go again. I'm looking for friends that don't mind hanging out with a relapser.
    BTW - down 15 since starting 1st of month

That was a looonnnng celebration!
  • hewhite2323
    Options
    WE CAN DO IT!!

I used to be a college athlete, working out and being active sometimes anywhere from 6-8 hours a day- not including games days of 10 hours or so!

Once I graduated, I gained weight, and can't seem to lose it.

My wedding is coming up in November and honeymoon in December and I am determined to lose weight before then!

Atkins diet, here I come!

It is so hard to stay on track when eating, especially when your boss brings cakes and cupcakes and donuts all of the time, but I just try to remember the amazing feeling when you step on a scale and its lower than it was last time.
  • Tidwell8
    Tidwell8 Posts: 1
    Options
    So grateful for a post like this. I had lost 50 lbs and was in the best shape of my life this time last year. Well I wasn't able to make it to the gym and went through some big life changes, wasn't focused on what I was eating and wasn't making it a priority to work out ... I gained 40 of it back. It took me a bit to get over the fact that I gained so much of the weight back after all the hard work I had put in to take it off...and to forgive myself for doing it (because I was so frustrated and mad at myself). The last 2 1/2 weeks I have been working out with my cousin and have started getting my eating back under control. I am finally back in that "motivated" mode and have committed to drop the weight once again. I have to try so hard to stay positive about it, I can't go back and change the fact that it happened but I can take the steps this day forward to get back to where I want to be.
  • LorrieGrace88
    LorrieGrace88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I, also, can relate and understand relapsing. It seems that every time I get to my goal, or near it, I fall off the wagon. So, I guess you can call me a serial relapser. Sometimes, I think that is the thing in life that I do best. I am here again to make this happen again. Last time, I threw out almost all my "fat clothes", swearing never to need them again, and am now in a pickle. I am not very tech savy and am having a time trying to figure out how to add what I eat to my diary and what I did for exercise. At 56 you would think I could manage that, but I am still in the 20th century. I do not have a cell phone, could not operate the ones I see, and mostly--I do not want one. I have gone high tech joining this fitness site, lol.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Beautifulreflections Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Been there done that myself! Welcome back!

I'd like to add to this quote

"Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, it didn't fit"

Same boat here. lost 50, stopped smoking and gained appox 20 back, maintained that for about a year, moved across the country and gained another 25. So when I started a little while back i had gained all but 5 lbs back.

Determined to lose this time, however I'm more realistic about the weight loss. I don't think i'll ever be 125-130. I'll be happy in the mid 140's
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I lost 30, met my goal... and gained back 20. I'm back to work now too. Maintaining was so hard for me, obviously.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Lost 25 lbs in 2006, gained 75 lbs between 2007 and 2011.

I am down 55 lbs since 2011, but still still have another 20 to go, to go back to my lowest weight from 2006.

You can do it this time. Feel free to send me a friend request if you think I can be helpful in your journey.
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is my first attempt with MFP, but I've gained and lost many times thru-out my life, always gaining back more than I lost. I guess the key is to always log-on to MFP and weigh weekly to keep in check.
  • LorrieGrace88
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy, but how do you save a message board that you join so you can easily find it? I am getting SO confused. I did this site about 2 years ago and don't remember it being a challenge. However, I cannot figure out how to add my food, exercise, or save a message board since this is my first try. HELP...........please. I feel so goofy about not understanding what is going on.
  • Rachel101511
    Rachel101511 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hate saying this, cause I'm as ashamed as could be. Fat all my life... lost 90 pounds back in 2008 and hit my goal of 125...

In january of this year I was at 272. I gained 147 pounds in 6 years.

It's hard to admit it, and it hurts a lot. But I can proudly say I'm 247... I'm moving on down.

Goodluck with everything. It sucks... bad.. but it's redoable (not even a word I know)
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think we can all related to your post. I'm hoping that each time this happens, we come away with a little more knowledge so that we can beat this! You can do it!
  • LorrieGrace88
    Options
    I hate saying this, cause I'm as ashamed as could be. Fat all my life... lost 90 pounds back in 2008 and hit my goal of 125...

In january of this year I was at 272. I gained 147 pounds in 6 years.

It's hard to admit it, and it hurts a lot. But I can proudly say I'm 247... I'm moving on down.

Goodluck with everything. It sucks... bad.. but it's redoable (not even a word I know)

I am VERY proud of you that you are trying again. Try not to beat yourself up. If only I could follow my own advice.:smile:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Yup, can definitely relate LOL

I lost 45lbs and then I went through a divorce, started working full-time and couldn't figure out a routine for exercise. Left my diet in the dust to be more social and put 50 on. Was right back where I started. Now I've lost 31 of those pounds and i'm hoping to lose about 25 more!

We can do it :)

Get back on the train!
  • JustQuitIt
    JustQuitIt Posts: 38
    Options
    I lost 70 and put back on 40, now I've lost 25 again. Sigh. Still Like 60 to goal - so at least you made goal once, I guess?
    Anyway, I most definitely understand how it could happen!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've been where you are. Lost my mojo after losing 40 pounds. Gained 30 back in a year and a half. Back on MFP since April. It really does make a difference being here, being accountable to myself and the positive energy I've gotten here is fantastic.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is a *kitten*! I think maintaining is harder than losing the weight to begin with! I think the important thing is you recognize what worked/what didn't and just keep it moving!

Right now, I'm not even focused on weight loss, I'm focused on endurance, eating as clean as possible and STAYING smoke free.
  • valeriesmith1840
    valeriesmith1840 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to what you've gone through. I lost around 80 pounds as well years ago - and when I was pregnant with my first child I decided it was free reign to eat...I never stopped! I got to as high as 20 pounds more than my highest ever weight. I've lost about 27 pounds total (26 before joining MFP) and am trying to get back down to a healthy weight. Hoping this time for good. :)

Good luck to you, and kudos for getting back on track!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @Xxval21xx
    good luck this time. It seems we both left MFP. Maybe staying here is the trick, eh?

boy, I hope so because if all it takes is logging my food daily...and to keep doing what I have done this past year...easy peasy!