Anyone using Herbalife?

Options

Replies

• tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 85 pounds and I have already lost 14. I have been using Herbalife shakes to supplement my diet and exercise. Anyone else using Herbalife?

Strong first post.

I see the first responder has deactivated their account as well. Any more beach body salesmen, I mean coaches in this thread? I want to know how I can spend more money. Please help.

Herbalife is not a Beachbody product.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why so many people who are not using it replied. Also wonder if you guys think that being rude or smart *kitten*-y is supposed to make her change her mind.

Yes it's true that Herbalife can be expensive and that all the plan does is put you at a deficit. But who said she doesn't have the money? Maybe she's wealthy. Maybe she just doesn't care about the cost.

Also, many people who have lost weight the old fashioned way gain it back as well. Food addiction is real and it's hard to keep weight off no matter how you lose it. We're all fighting the same battle. Let's show a little respect.

Because
    A) the responses that it's a waste of money isn't just for the OP, it's for anyone reading who may be thinking about doing it and doesn't have the money to waste.
    B) Even if the OP has the money, is she undeserving of being warned of a product that's a waste of money? Because she may be wealthy we shouldn't try to warn her it's a waste?
    C) It's a public forum. People of any opinion can post what they want to here.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why so many people who are not using it replied. Also wonder if you guys think that being rude or smart *kitten*-y is supposed to make her change her mind.

Yes it's true that Herbalife can be expensive and that all the plan does is put you at a deficit. But who said she doesn't have the money? Maybe she's wealthy. Maybe she just doesn't care about the cost.

Also, many people who have lost weight the old fashioned way gain it back as well. Food addiction is real and it's hard to keep weight off no matter how you lose it. We're all fighting the same battle. Let's show a little respect.

Herbalife is a drink. It does not need respect.

So how long have you been selling it? Because this argument you're putting forth is old and tired around here.

I didn't say respect the drink, I mean respect the human being that asked about it.

I don't sell Herbalife, I have a real job. Thanks.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

So how long have you been selling it? Because this argument you're putting forth is old and tired around here.

I didn't say respect the drink, I mean respect the human being that asked about it.

I really don't see where anyone was really mean about it. I mean, I did bring up dog poop but that was to compare to herbalife not anything towards the people on here.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options
    No, I'm saying that if you all insist on trying to discourage her from the path she has chosen, you should try to do so respectfully and with facts and information rather than "this is crap.' Tell her WHY it is crap. Give her alternatives. Be constructive, not just critical.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options

No disrespect was shown to her. Only the product. So why are you defending it?

Also you'll notice the OP never once replied to anything. And the second post was from a salesperson. It's a common tactic around here. They use one account to ask the question, the second account to make the sales pitch.

I mean don't you think it's strange that she asked about it and never responded to a single post? You'll see that this happens in nearly all magic shake threads. It's a sales pitch, that's all.

I wasn't aware of this tactic, but that makes sense. I try to take everyone at their word unless it's completely ridiculous. Still, wouldn't completely ignoring it be a better use of all of our time? Just my opinion.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Also you'll notice the OP never once replied to anything. And the second post was from a salesperson. It's a common tactic around here. They use one account to ask the question, the second account to make the sales pitch.

I mean don't you think it's strange that she asked about it and never responded to a single post? You'll see that this happens in nearly all magic shake threads. It's a sales pitch, that's all.

I wasn't aware of this tactic, but that makes sense. I try to take everyone at their word unless it's completely ridiculous. Still, wouldn't completely ignoring it be a better use of all of our time? Just my opinion.

So you replying to all of us isn't a waste of time, but us replying to this thread is a waste of time?

No one showed the OP disrespect. We disrespected a product that is crap.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Ignore it? So another person not as informed can read it and think it's the magic bullet to help them lose weight?

I would say people are using their time very well here by making others aware. You may not like the delivery, but that's your issue I guess.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

No because then some other unsuspecting people may come along and fall for it.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

No because then someone might be suckered into buying a product they don't need. Snake oil salesmen should be identified for what they are. Staying silent just allows them to flourish.

Also notice that this was put in the "Introduce Yourself" section where new people usually come, people unfamiliar with these tactics. It was not placed in the "Food and Nutrition" section where it wouldn't reach as many new, unsuspecting folks.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Ignore it? So another person not as informed can read it and think it's the magic bullet to help them lose weight?

I would say people are using their time very well here by making others aware. You may not like the delivery, but that's your issue I guess.

This. If I see a blatantly snake-oil, erroneous or otherwise foolish idea being tossed around on the forums here, you betcha I'm going to be as loud-mouthed and discouraging of it as possible. Because despite my generally crusty personality, I really do want to see people succeed with their goals and not just spin their wheels as they trial-and-error a million different miracle cures, like I did.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    No. Because exercise and a moderate calorie deficit are free.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options

So you replying to all of us isn't a waste of time, but us replying to this thread is a waste of time?

"if you go back and read what I said, I clearly wrote "all of our time." Our would include myself.
  • hoktauri
    hoktauri Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I went to a new doctor for weight loss help before I buckled down and got my fitibt and started here. He didn't ask about my eating habits or anything else, just started in on Herbalife and gave me an order sheet. After I left I looked it up and never went back.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    The creating/use of a second account to support yourself in a forum is called "sock puppetry", FYI. And it is generally against the terms of use on most forums.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

"if you go back and read what I said, I clearly wrote "all of our time." Our would include myself.

So essentially what you are saying is "Do as I say, not as I do."