Need very strict friends : 1200-1300 calories a day

Options

Replies

• EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can totally lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks with daily exercise and diet. People on here bashing this are trolls, overweight, or don't even have real pics. I lost 25 pounds last year in 2 months so it is possible. I wouldn't recomen staying at that calorie level once you lose the weight though. Try uping it a little when you make your goal and weigh yourself daily to see what's the right amount of cals you need to maintain.

Did you keep those 25lbs off?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    i would consider a more realistic goal that is less likely to end in failure and bingeing... but thats just me!

I think its pretty realistic goal!!! if you think about it 10 weeks is 2 1/2 months... and its less than 10 lbs a month and about 1 3/4 lbs a week

its not unrealistic its actually doable!!

good luck!! you can do it!!

wow - The maths fails on the forum recently have been epic.

She wants to lose 20lbs in 10 weeks - that is 2lbs a week. converting to months then back to weeks doesn't actually magically lower the goal per week. :noway:

And it is not realistic - if she does do it she will have lose a high % of muscle as well as some fat - lowering her BMR. And when she puts some weight back on - it will be ALL fat, then she will repeat - and each time she'll lose more muscle.

This is why yo-yo diets are so bad for you.

She's be better off aiming for a body fat % rather than weight as she is already at a healthy weight. Aiming for 1/2lb per week and doing some strength training to help retain her LBM so she'll look amazing at her chosen %

But hey, if you want to encourage someone to do something that will more than likely result in failure then be my guest. :noway:

The rest of us will still be here posting links and trying to help people lose the healthy way - lose fat not muscle and not starve themselves to get there. :flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can totally lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks with daily exercise and diet. People on here bashing this are trolls, overweight, or don't even have real pics. I lost 25 pounds last year in 2 months so it is possible. I wouldn't recomen staying at that calorie level once you lose the weight though. Try uping it a little when you make your goal and weigh yourself daily to see what's the right amount of cals you need to maintain.

:laugh:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

You log less than 500 calories a day, I also didn't realise that a picture of cookies was a real picture - maybe I'm missing something?

I smell Troll.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I have been on a 1000 calorie a day for almost 2 years.
    I am not on a diet, that is my new life style.

That sounds horrible.

If you want horrible go look at her diary :noway:

:cry:
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i would consider a more realistic goal that is less likely to end in failure and bingeing... but thats just me!

I think its pretty realistic goal!!! if you think about it 10 weeks is 2 1/2 months... and its less than 10 lbs a month and about 1 3/4 lbs a week

its not unrealistic its actually doable!!

good luck!! you can do it!!

wow - The maths fails on the forum recently have been epic.

She wants to lose 20lbs in 10 weeks - that is 2lbs a week. converting to months then back to weeks doesn't actually magically lower the goal per week. :noway:

And it is not realistic - if she does do it she will have lose a high % of muscle as well as some fat - lowering her BMR. And when she puts some weight back on - it will be ALL fat, then she will repeat - and each time she'll lose more muscle.

This is why yo-yo diets are so bad for you.

She's be better off aiming for a body fat % rather than weight as she is already at a healthy weight. Aiming for 1/2lb per week and doing some strength training to help retain her LBM so she'll look amazing at her chosen %

But hey, if you want to encourage someone to do something that will more than likely result in failure then be my guest. :noway:

The rest of us will still be here posting links and trying to help people lose the healthy way - lose fat not muscle and not starve themselves to get there. :flowerforyou:

tumblr_inline_my629o5sDj1qkavmj.gif
  • RWO2011
    RWO2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I've set my daily goal at 1200. I don't eat terrible but I don't eat evenly healthy either. I'm trying and I need all the support I can get. Feel free to add me to your friends list. Good luck on your journey! One day at a time!!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Your goal is very do-able!
    I say go for it!

Says anyone with an eating disorder....

No. So much no.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    i don't think 1200 a day is unreasonable, especially if you are allowing yourself to earn more by exercising.
    may be easier as i don't eat meat...but i do love cheese :)
    i have been doing this for about 6 weeks now and have lost 18lb, now down to 140lb

it has slowed down recently, so i just need to figure out why to get it kickstarted again

any ideas?

read the links posted further back :flowerforyou:
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm literally the exact same height as you and on a strict 1300 calorie diet as well. Honesty, I feel like it's not that hard to keep it low as long as you know what to eat :)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am doing 1200-1300 a day…My wedding is in 10 weeks and I am trying to lose weight as well. Feel free to add me!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for your interest in this challenge!
    Sorry if I made somebody uncomfortable with my clean eating habits

Whats "CLEAN" eating?
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

That sounds horrible.

If you want horrible go look at her diary :noway:

:cry:

breakfast to dinner on prune juice?? Really??
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options

:huh: So starve herself> then binge? Did I understand that fully?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'm all for support and and I wish you the best, but at your height and weight along with your goal, 2lbs a week may not be very sustainable. That kind of loss is really only sustainable for people with ALOT of weight to lose. Try setting your weight loss goal to 1lb per week. I'll bet you'll have more success with that goal. Good luck with whatever you decide, though! :)
  • chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 10 weeks is 2lbs a week. That's a completely realistic and obtainable goal.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    20 pounds in 10 weeks is 2lbs a week. Wth is wrong with you people. That's a completely realistic and obtainable goal.

Ah - caught the cookie comment did we?

And no it is not, not 20lbs of fat.

20lbs of fat and muscle possibly - but that is not a great idea Mr 500 calories a day. :noway:
  • cecribbs
    cecribbs Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm with you! My goal is to stick within the 1200 range but I am planning to eat a bit more with the extra calories I earn by walking and strength training. Also, I am allowing myself to indulge in pizza, cheese nips, brownies,and etc. There is no way I will achieve my goal by strictly eating salads and chicken, lol. I started my own 30 day challenge 3 days ago. I slipped yesterday only because it was a very long stressful day. In the end, I plan to stick within the calorie limits based on a weekly total and not a daily total. Currently, I am 5'10 at 184 pounds.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 10 weeks is 2lbs a week. Wth is wrong with you people. That's a completely realistic and obtainable goal.

not if you're already a normal/healthy weight and want to lose mainly fat is isnt.