Need very strict friends : 1200-1300 calories a day

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was consuming roughly 2800cals a day when I first started and working out 4 days a week. About 2 weeks ago after only losing 4 pounds I decided to get serious and started walking to the gym and going everyday. So now I'm around 3-4 pound loss per week. And if you didn't notice I joined last year and lost 25lbs in 2 months so I know how to lose weight trolls.

well when you lose the other 26 on your ticker, come back and let us know!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    In for the fun

and I don't qualify for the challenge as I have already eaten 1000 calories today and its only 10:23am
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I was consuming roughly 2800cals a day when I first started and working out 4 days a week. About 2 weeks ago after only losing 4 pounds I decided to get serious and started walking to the gym and going everyday. So now I'm around 3-4 pound loss per week. And if you didn't notice I joined last year and lost 25lbs in 2 months so I know how to lose weight trolls.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For some people, especially petites, we really don't have a lot of wiggle room. Here are my stats:

For my current height/weight (5'0" @ 145lbs) and an exercise level of 3 times a week (pretty accurate)

Here are my stats:
    BMR= 1261 (the number of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day.)
    TDEE=1733 (This is the total cals you burn in a day based on your activities.)

so if I want to lose weight I should take my TDEE and subtract 15-25% from it which should give me my target calorie.

With these numbers that would be:
    1300-1473 calories a day (it doesn't seem like a lot but remember I am small)

i showed this to my bf and he thought I was mad until he plugged in my numbers himself.

If I get more than 3 days a week of exercise in that is awesome, but realistically with my schedule 3 days is all I can do right now.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    "Full of nutritions" should have ended this thread, I'm sorry.

OP, I wish you luck in your weight loss endeavors. And we'll still be here to give you pointers when you realize that sustainability truly is the key factor.

P.S. I'm also glad that eating more wholesome food has lead to improving your acne issues. That's awesome!
  • Fightthefat91
    Options
    Count me in!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    What's the sign of a troll in the MFP forums? When he/she labels other people who are giving legit advice trolls.
  • kandalure
    kandalure Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OP way to go! I've been pretty strict too and always looking for more encouragement and positive examples.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

do you think he's now editing his ticker!?
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

His diary is hidden now.
  • jasonmh630
    Options

His diary is hidden now.

And profile is private.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

His diary is hidden now.

And profile is private.

what a spoilsport!
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

His diary is hidden now.

And profile is private.

what a spoilsport!

Sadly his attitude is quite worrying seeing as he appears to have children hopefuly the bad relationship with food will not rub off onto his children.
  • jasonmh630
    Options

His diary is hidden now.

And profile is private.

what a spoilsport!

Indeed, mam!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm using a goal of 1200 calories a day. It's totally doable. Esp if you're doing some form of exercising daily or every other day. I like to run about 2 miles every other morning and then on the weekends I up the anty by taking a nice long hike or something like that, that's a great way to offset anything I've eaten. I make myself salads for lunch, although I must admit, taking 10 minutes to chop my own mushrooms, cucumber, avacado etc is kind of annoying and takes up my lunch break time, but 200-400 calories for a nice big salad with egg and dried,sweetened cranberries... even adding some strawberries or blueberries to give some nice sweetness to it, totally worth it. I don't eat a lot of unk food either, but I def love my cheese, but I just have to keep in check how much cheese I eat... Drinking lots of water helps with hunger feeling too..

Don't listen to these other people, 1200 is average and you're only 22, you can do it!

1200 is average? How are you calculating the average? Mean, Median, Mode or Midrange?

Although now I am wondering if there is any data compiled by MFP to actually determine the average goal of all the MFP users? That would be interesting.
  • whitneyl227
    whitneyl227 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Added you!
  • wisbech
    wisbech Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sounds good, .I want 40 down in 5 months.....lets do this.
  • flygirl818
    flygirl818 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    can't listen to the nay-sayers..... your goal is 2#/wk, very doable! Good luck!
  • wisbech
    wisbech Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    add me too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    i would consider a more realistic goal that is less likely to end in failure and bingeing... but thats just me!

I think its pretty realistic goal!!! if you think about it 10 weeks is 2 1/2 months... and its less than 10 lbs a month and about 1 3/4 lbs a week

its not unrealistic its actually doable!!

good luck!! you can do it!!

wow - The maths fails on the forum recently have been epic.

She wants to lose 20lbs in 10 weeks - that is 2lbs a week. converting to months then back to weeks doesn't actually magically lower the goal per week. :noway:

And it is not realistic - if she does do it she will have lose a high % of muscle as well as some fat - lowering her BMR. And when she puts some weight back on - it will be ALL fat, then she will repeat - and each time she'll lose more muscle.

This is why yo-yo diets are so bad for you.

She's be better off aiming for a body fat % rather than weight as she is already at a healthy weight. Aiming for 1/2lb per week and doing some strength training to help retain her LBM so she'll look amazing at her chosen %

But hey, if you want to encourage someone to do something that will more than likely result in failure then be my guest. :noway:

The rest of us will still be here posting links and trying to help people lose the healthy way - lose fat not muscle and not starve themselves to get there. :flowerforyou:

Wouldn't it be great if it were a requirement for these "I need to lose X pounds by Y date - who is with me!" threads that everyone who signed up for them had to come back and report their results, with open diaries and honest logging? Wouldn't it also be great if those people who found the goal too restrictive and unsustainable had the humility to admit this to those people who tried to give them advice and help along the way?

I am sure there will be people signing up for this who will be successful, particularly those with more weight to lose, and undoubtedly many of the people trying to restrict to 1200 calories will lose some weight if they adhere to that. I just wish that those who do struggle with it, who find it unsustainable or have negative outcomes, would own up to it on this particular thread, so that people who think these "quick fix" methods are a good idea may think twice. Because all the people here currently giving dissenting opinions are automatically labeled as trolls.