Women Lifting Heavy and being Bulky....................

Options
_KitKat_
_KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
So I am well aware women getting bulky by lifting does not happen, but I wanted to see if any women who lift......Get a kick out of flexing, especially after a workout. I will not get bulky by lifting, but with the swelling from a workout; I enjoy making certain muscles flex and feeling like a bada$$. Example after squats, making my quad pop out to the side and looking like I could drop kick anyone.

I completely enjoy the feeling of looking thinner and not bulky but on command can now pop a bicep up, flex my back or make more lines in my legs than I even knew I had muscles. The butt sitting higher is a major plus too. Now I just have to get the tricep to play along.

I know some women worry about being bulky, this will NOT happen without testosterone and much more work than most are willing to do. I just wanted to see if any other women were as goofy as I am and like feeling like a bada$$ with their new found muscles.

Guys feel free to reply, I know many of you love playing the flexing game too :love:

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I still have a bit too much body fat to get a good flex, but the veins in my forearms are visible now. I like to feel them at the end of a workout when they're pumped full of blood...I've never been able to before. :blushing:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Heck yah...I love how my legs look when I walk...or my shoulders when I put my arms over my head etc...flexing my back etc...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I may have to take a tricep pic in the gym today, just so I can brag.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Me!

i'm not worried about being "bulk" because i know that's just a matter of the amount of body fat you have and i like fried chicken ice cream, booze, pizza and cheese too much to ever be able comfortably be below 20% body fat :laugh:

but yeah i like the idea of being able to see my muscles at work when i'm working them
  • _KitKat_
    Options

Lmao, tricep is where my stubborn fat is refusing to leave. I work them and can feel them, but have no clue how to see them or if they would be visible anyways :grumble:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Me!

my traps and delts are downright scary when I pop them!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I flex. A lot. It's like Christmas.
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    Me!

my traps and delts are downright scary when I pop them!

Thanks to usmc, and my noob question on my wall today.....I just found out I can get my front delts to pop and what it was that was popping out :blushing: It is my newest NSV and made me very happy at the gym last night and gave a new enjoyment to bent over barbell rows :drinker:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I spend more time flexing in the mirror than I should admit to. I'm also a bodybuilder and spend lots of time practicing the poses.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Lmao, tricep is where my stubborn fat is refusing to leave. I work them and can feel them, but have no clue how to see them or if they would be visible anyways :grumble:

That would be my belly.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    89644d1400376867-my-sharpness-test-results-tamron-150-600-yodapic.jpg
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I do spend a bit too long looking for new lines on my shoulders in the mirror and tensing my legs while I'm sitting - to see if they look like a superhero's yet, obvs.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I spend more time flexing in the mirror than I should admit to. I'm also a bodybuilder and spend lots of time practicing the poses.

Haha I would never leave the mirror if I had your physique!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I'm not normally an attention wh*re, but I'm bored today
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    IMG_20130803_135317_zps3ef17f41.jpg
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Nothing finer than a well toned, defined woman who lifts heavy!! Carry on!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

I have a decade old phone with a crappy camera, pics are going to be an issue.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I want to be bulky so bad and yes, I spend a stupid amount of time flexing lol

2zs1eds.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. So are you saying women can't get bulky?

I think that what she is saying is that women cannot get bulky *by accident* - that just lifting, in itself, doesn't make women 'bulk up'
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

I'm not normally an attention wh*re, but I'm bored today
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    IMG_20130803_135317_zps3ef17f41.jpg

You. ... are incredible:flowerforyou: