Women Lifting Heavy and being Bulky....................

Options

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is just too much *fans self* phew!! Two of my absolute girl crushes both having pics in here - usmcmp and Sarah I'm lookin at you - holy wow where is the 'inspired' smiley face lol :heart:

As for me, yep I'm a total flex *kitten* - just check out my profile pic.....I also may or may not have googled body building poses to try and get my muscles to show better lol
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I may have more muscle definition than a lot of people like - and that is fine - everyone is 100% entitled to their preferences, however, you do not start lifting weights and suddenly get muscular.

You're actually very lean! I just have more muscle volume in my abs. That's about the only difference. You look amazing!

may I ask what BF percentage you are at in these pictures? if you don't mind sharing? :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

OK so how wrong is it that I just keep staring at these pics? Sarah was one of the first people I requested because her journey was a major inspiration, I also am proud to admit I manage not to creep her profile.....but these dang pictures...now I keep creeping my own thread :noway:

I love all the pics and responses, I am also very glad to know I am not alone with the obsessive flexing :drinker:

Muah!!!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is just too much *fans self* phew!! Two of my absolute girl crushes both having pics in here - usmcmp and Sarah I'm lookin at you - holy wow where is the 'inspired' smiley face lol :heart:

As for me, yep I'm a total flex *kitten* - just check out my profile pic.....I also may or may not have googled body building poses to try and get my muscles to show better lol

I am so glad I posted this thread and very proud that many of the posters are on my FL.... Like the awesome woman with the guns that I quoted :flowerforyou:
  • albayin
    Options

I am so glad I posted this thread and very proud that many of the posters are on my FL.... Like the awesome woman with the guns that I quoted :flowerforyou:

good thread indeed and makes me realize how much behind I am....this motivates me big time~ thank you all for all the nice pictures.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

awww MUAH! Feeling the love around here today xxx
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    89644d1400376867-my-sharpness-test-results-tamron-150-600-yodapic.jpg

I'm not normally an attention wh*re, but I'm bored today
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    IMG_20130803_135317_zps3ef17f41.jpg

:love:
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    So I am well aware women getting bulky by lifting does not happen, but I wanted to see if any women who lift......Get a kick out of flexing, especially after a workout. I will not get bulky by lifting, but with the swelling from a workout; I enjoy making certain muscles flex and feeling like a bada$$. Example after squats, making my quad pop out to the side and looking like I could drop kick anyone.

I completely enjoy the feeling of looking thinner and not bulky but on command can now pop a bicep up, flex my back or make more lines in my legs than I even knew I had muscles. The butt sitting higher is a major plus too. Now I just have to get the tricep to play along.

I know some women worry about being bulky, this will NOT happen without testosterone and much more work than most are willing to do. I just wanted to see if any other women were as goofy as I am and like feeling like a bada$$ with their new found muscles.

Guys feel free to reply, I know many of you love playing the flexing game too :love:

Well I did my 5x5's yesterday and afterword I felt like the f***ing terminator.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    This is the first time in my life I've had defined shoulders and biceps...feels amazing and yes...I flex those biceps...(however bruised they may be)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

good thread indeed and makes me realize how much behind I am....this motivates me big time~ thank you all for all the nice pictures.

I hear you. I haven't been able to do much lifting through this pregnancy (Doctor said it was okay as long as I felt well enough, but I haven't felt well enough/had enough energy many days :sad:). But I can't wait until I can get back into the gym and start getting myself looking too hot for a mom of 5 :laugh:
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I try to flex for one new person a day
    :glasses:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew how to do photos. :frown:
  • albayin
    Options
    Just the avatars of postes alone on this thread are already amazing enough....
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I find that there isint a mirror i pass with out at least taking a peek. Maybe not a full flex but i like to see something showing lol

Also, i just learned how to " bounce" my pecs like a guy does and so im always doing that LOL stupid i know but funny that my pecs have the muscle to do it.

I love to see the fruits ( muscles) of my hard work especially after a pump.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

[ img ] URL to picture [/ img] lower case and without the spaces. Pictures can be hosted on photo bucket, Dropbox and a bunch of other places. If you right click any picture you can select "copy image URL" this is what you need.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I still have a lot of body fat (A LOT), but I'm in the middle of NRWLFW, and am starting to build a lot of muscle under the fat (now if I could only get my eating in order...), ANYWAYS, I started to wear sleeveless tanks to the gym because I LOVE the way my shoulders look on the rows/presses, and I frequently flex my abs in the mirror. All it really does is make the belly fat go from droopy to not droopy, but it's still pretty fun for a fat person to see that.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Humble Brag

2cmlpbq.jpg

1zzn7q.jpg

tapim8.jpg

:love: :love: Ummmm, you are officially my first MFP girl crush. Wow!!! :love: :love:
  • Serah87
    Options
    10574457_10203388821915039_6869312022379933659_n.jpg?oh=1eca5e2786c58d94c1d85fff6d29d8ac&oe=5443DD3E&__gda__=1414324033_4f3d6a1fc23b32b4f273b8b5242c152e

Back flex:

94ddadc096b2292b5f3002e36ef2a0c2150b.jpg
  • Serah87
    Options

[ img ] URL to picture [/ img] lower case and without the spaces. Pictures can be hosted on photo bucket, Dropbox and a bunch of other places. If you right click any picture you can select "copy image URL" this is what you need.

THANK YOU!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    USMC (maybe I got that wrong) but you make me drool in a purely heterosexual way! You are hotness defined!

She makes me drool in a purely homosexual way.