Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The Walking Dead (Warning: most likely contains spoilers)

Options

Replies

• Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    I don't want Glenn to be dead. But if he's not dead then I dunno...I'm not sure how the writers could possibly have him survive that. I know I need to remove the believability factor because, after all, it IS a show about a zombie apocalypse. But still...

If he is dead, I'm disappointed because they should have given him a better death. Andrea, Tyrese, Dale - all had good deaths.

i keep hearing people say that, they should've given him a "better" death. I personally loved it and I hope he's truly dead. it just goes to show the brutal nature of the world they live in. where any moment you see someone could be the last time you EVER see them. and it could happen in the blink of an eye.

if they plot armor him alive somehow, yeahhhhhhhhhhh, that's going to be so lame.

on the upside, Norman Reedus did an interview the other day and he said the voice on the walkie was NOT Glenn. i hope he was telling the truth and not joking around.

On The Talking Dead a few weeks ago, I really think Alexandra Brekenridge alluded to the fact that Glenn can't be alive. She was like "How is that even possible??!!!" - didn't seem like she was pretending, either.

my initial reaction wsas ohhhh he's sooooo dead. now, I have no clue.
    someone else pointed out that the dude who shot himself actually ran out of bullets right before climbing onto the dumpster. who knows. lol
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I don't want Glenn to be dead. But if he's not dead then I dunno...I'm not sure how the writers could possibly have him survive that. I know I need to remove the believability factor because, after all, it IS a show about a zombie apocalypse. But still...

If he is dead, I'm disappointed because they should have given him a better death. Andrea, Tyrese, Dale - all had good deaths.

i keep hearing people say that, they should've given him a "better" death. I personally loved it and I hope he's truly dead. it just goes to show the brutal nature of the world they live in. where any moment you see someone could be the last time you EVER see them. and it could happen in the blink of an eye.

if they plot armor him alive somehow, yeahhhhhhhhhhh, that's going to be so lame.

on the upside, Norman Reedus did an interview the other day and he said the voice on the walkie was NOT Glenn. i hope he was telling the truth and not joking around.

On The Talking Dead a few weeks ago, I really think Alexandra Brekenridge alluded to the fact that Glenn can't be alive. She was like "How is that even possible??!!!" - didn't seem like she was pretending, either.

someone else pointed out that the dude who shot himself actually ran out of bullets right before climbing onto the dumpster. who knows. lol

I think people need to really stop playing that scene over and over again. If Nicholas ran out of bullets, he couldn't have shot himself. That really makes NO sense at all.

oh and @Jersey_de_ville - nice to see another person from Jersey on here!!

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

that ENTIRE scene was shot poorly. if you go back and watch the gifs of it, yeah nicholas didn't fall on top of him, if anything they fell beside each other...it clearly shows glenn's upper chest with nobody on top of him. but yeah, intestines don't come out of your upper chest either.

the blood spray on glenn's face doesn't make sense from the direction Nicholas shot himself either.

the direction they fall and then the direction glenn is laying at the end don't fit either.

so a lot of people are OH ITS A HALLUCINATION I GET IT HE'S STILL ALIVE. and its like, man come on, they've never done that sort of thing with such a minor character before.

i think the scene was just shot poorly and it wasn't MEANT to be so ambiguous.

QFT!

I only watched it once...and it looked to me like they fell kind of next to each other.

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Glenn's reaction is the most puzzling aspect - if he is getting devoured by zombies, it is totally appropriate for him to be screaming and carrying on. If it is Nick being devoured, why is he just laying there screaming instead of scrambling to escape? It isn't like Nick's death would effect him so emotionally (if it was Maggie, that would be different) where he would just lose his mind like that. I guess there is the possibility that Glenn just snapped from the pressure and out of fear, but that is very un-Glenn-like, as over the past few seasons he has kept his cool in a lot of dicey situations.
  • Jenndrumm1974
    Jenndrumm1974 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm probably among the few who is enjoying "a day in the life" of the characters, but I'm really liked the back story of Morgan. And I can't wait for Jeffrey Dean Morgan to join the cast as Negan!!!
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I hope he's alive but I'm more excited to creep some of the filming locations now that I live in Georgia. :# Here I come Norman!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I'm probably among the few who is enjoying "a day in the life" of the characters, but I'm really liked the back story of Morgan. And I can't wait for Jeffrey Dean Morgan to join the cast as Negan!!!

Oooh! A bad guy that we can't help but Love!! <3
  • Jenndrumm1974
    Jenndrumm1974 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Negan is the one who kills Glenn in the comic series. That's why I think Glenn is still alive!
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options

that ENTIRE scene was shot poorly. if you go back and watch the gifs of it, yeah nicholas didn't fall on top of him, if anything they fell beside each other...it clearly shows glenn's upper chest with nobody on top of him. but yeah, intestines don't come out of your upper chest either.

the blood spray on glenn's face doesn't make sense from the direction Nicholas shot himself either.

the direction they fall and then the direction glenn is laying at the end don't fit either.

so a lot of people are OH ITS A HALLUCINATION I GET IT HE'S STILL ALIVE. and its like, man come on, they've never done that sort of thing with such a minor character before.

quite possible. when they fell I didn't they they fell on top of each other. Because a few weeks have passed and I'm reading all the theories I'm starting to doubt my initial reaction. It doesn't make sense for Glenn to be alive either if they plan to revive him from the dead just to kill him again with Lucille.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

quite possible. when they fell I didn't they they fell on top of each other. Because a few weeks have passed and I'm reading all the theories I'm starting to doubt my initial reaction. It doesn't make sense for Glenn to be alive either if they plan to revive him from the dead just to kill him again with Lucille.

yeah spoiling dead fans has some leaked footage from the finale they just finished shooting. it does seem to indicate that JDM/Negan and Lucille are going to play ball with one of the characters just like in the comics...
    to me, the character appears to be Daryl. at least it looks like his vest. but its also very hard to make out and is quite blurry, so i might just be seeing what I want to see, as I think Daryl getting Lucille'd is the best choice for the show

If it is him I agree - it would be the best choice for the show.
  • WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Negan is the one who kills Glenn in the comic series. That's why I think Glenn is still alive!

Yes!!! If I get cheated out of that I'm gonna be pissed!!!
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options

I think people need to really stop playing that scene over and over again. If Nicholas ran out of bullets, he couldn't have shot himself. That really makes NO sense at all.

oh and @Jersey_de_ville - nice to see another person from Jersey on here!!

haha thanks. Had to move out of state 2 years ago but #jerseystrong for life. Miss it.
  • arogers0541
    arogers0541 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Any guesses on who said "help" on the walkie talkie at the end of the last episode?

Glenn maybe?
  • big2strongCO
    big2strongCO Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think the show has to get rid of both the Glenn and Daryl characters for the upcoming Negan story line. Remember the Daryl character doesn't exist in the comics and Maggie has to be devastated by Glens death and facing a very uncertain future being pregnant and alone. I think the Glen character was killed off now to set up Maggie's future story line. Maggie said during the last episode that "Glen saves people" and it would be just like the show to kill off Glen by the thing that makes him Glen, saving someone finally cost him his life. As for Daryl, there are many new characters coming in the next season and Negan and Lucille need to brutally kill a beloved character to establish himself and if that's not Glen then it has to be Daryl. Can you imagine the shock and fan base uproar when Negan is literally beating the brains out of Daryl in front of the whole world.
  • big2strongCO
    big2strongCO Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think the people who asked for help on the walkie were the ones that stole Daryl's bike and bag - the walkie was in the Daryl's bag. Daryl was using Sasha and Abraham's walkie in the gas truck.