For those who weigh 300 pounds and up

Options
123457»

Replies

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've been sick all week and had a minor set back. I drank a lot of soup with huge amounts of sodium in it so its hard to tell what kind of damage there is. So far it appears to be 2 pounds. It's that time of the month too. I need to watch my sodium intake for the rest of the week to see how much water weight I'm carrying. I have a feeling there's a few pounds in water weight....

I walked around the office at a quick pace for 20 minutes, so I know I'm on the mend now :D
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    How did I get to 375? Well, I have always been bigger built. I played travel softball and high school rugby at 5'9" and 175lbs or so, without looking "big". Then high school ended and I worked as a 7-11 clerk for awhile and imbibed freely of legal and illegal substances. Did you know that as a 7-11 clerk you can drink all the soda and sugared up coffee you want while you work, and also run a tab against your paycheck for food and cigarettes? Oh, after that I had 4 kids in 5 yrs. I ballooned up to 285 or so with my first pregnancy, because I didn't know any better and I love to eat. Lost a little weight, was 260 after my second kid. After my third kid, I dropped from 275 to 210 (after delivery of my fourth), but had had severe gall bladder problems during the pregnancy and it came out two days after delivery, and I ate ALL the foods.

Fast forward, my weight creeping up and up and up. I went back to school, was busy and stressed and tired (oh and still had four kids). Had a rough patch in my marriage. Ate junk and lots of it along with plenty of "healthy" food.

That is how you get over 300lbs.

Sample meal from Sonic: corn dog or chili cheese dog (or 2), plus mozzarella sticks, plus fried pickles and/or tater tots. Toss on a medium orange cream slush (calorie bomb right there).

Or Outback for example: Bread (like half of one of those little loaves, with butter), maybe a portion of an appetizer (cheese fries or bloomin onion), a side salad (ranch, croutons, cheese), plus a 10-12oz steak and a loaded baked potato. Oh and a beer or full-sugar soda.

Drinking 2-3 cans of Pepsi a day didn't help either. Or the fact that at the grocery checkout I would buy a whole Godiva (or other chocolate, but the Godiva's were best) bar and eat it on the way home.

Oh, or the 3-5 time a week venti caramel macchiato's from Starbucks.

That is how you get over 300lbs.

Got sick of myself and decided out of the blue that "*kitten* it, I'm done" and started logging and NOT eating ALL the food. That day was April 18th of this year. I was 375.3 lbs. Today, I am 281.2.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my highest was 270. I am a binge eater so personally that is how I got there, so yes basically eating a bazillion calories a day because I literally can't stop myself. I got down to 171, then things happened and here I am just over 190, in just a few months, thanks to binging again. It's crazy how easily it happens.
  • Falcon
    Options
    Sounds like you two are on the right track now.

I'm hoping to be in the next down winter jacket between December and January. They're having a coat sale today so I'm going to see if I can find one in the next size down after work.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    how did you get that rude in first place? I am not trying to offend OP,I am just curious.for me,i am naturally polite so whenever I think about asking a really pointless and rude question, I stop myself. So I was wondering with people who end up being really shallow and daft, do they realize how sh*tty they are? This is just out of curiosity and I am sorry I offended anyone
  • Falcon
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I think the OP was more curious then being rude. It's an honest question and anyone who is offended by it, well that's their problem. It was a fair question and anyone who answered it is out of denial and doing something about it.

There used to be a 300 and up thread to support each other and this thread was made the same day the person deleted her account.

• KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I got to be 410 lbs because my habits as a child followed me into adulthood. I was 5'8" and about 220 lbs by the time I was 14. My weight was never brought up by my parents, it was never brought up by my doctors except for one time a nurse suggested lipo and I just remember my mother being angry and never going back there. The ONLY time my weight was brought up was during times of being bullied by kids in the neighborhood and at church, which instilled horrible depression in me because I felt like it was just me and it was something I couldn't change. I was homeschooled, never ever been in a classroom setting, didn't have a coach or a teacher confront me or educate me on what makes a person overweight. I didn't connect the overeating to my weight simply because everyone else seemed to be eating the same thing as me, and they weren't gaining, so I thought I just had a problem I could do nothing about. I maintained 220 lbs because I was countering my eating by taking martial arts classes...but at 18 I ruptured a disc in my back, had to quit martial arts and became completely sedentary. Even then my weight still wasn't brought up. Not by my doctor, nor my neurosurgeon or physical therapist. My mom had degenerative disc disease, so did her dad and her brother so it appeared that was just my fate. Over the next 11 years of being completely sedentary and eating the way I was used to, I gained 190 lbs. I can honestly say that MENTALLY it did not "connect" in my brain that i was overeating until i started using this site in 2008/2009ish. I was 410 lbs and tired of being bullied at work, did some googling and came across a thread on here about depression and self worth. It was really eye opening for me. I wasn't alone, and better yet, i could change my situation. Really, it took me until I was 24 almost 25 to UNDERSTAND what i was doing to my body... And i decided to start changing. I didn't use this site to lose weight right away. For the first few years of being on here i maintained 410 lbs while working on my mental health. I made friends with similar problems, read every educational thread i could get my hands on about CICO, weight loss, cardio, strength training, but most importantly had discussions about my state of mind because i was in a bad way and i personally felt i couldn't handle this kind of lifestyle change until i learned to love myself. With love came respect and with respect came the desire to treat my body the way it should be treated. Fast forward to about two years ago, my family had a huge life event happen that i won't get into but for the first time in my life i saw my parents aging, and feared my own mortality. It was time. I started working out, just moving in general again. I wasn't in a deficit so i wasn't losing weight, i was just trying to be active again for starters. In January i decided to add a calorie deficit to my active lifestyle and am now down 87 lbs and still losing. My future for the first time in my life looks positive even with my ongoing battle with depression, I've taught myself to not care what other people, especially strangers, think or say about me. Fact is people who don't know me don't see a woman who works out 6 days a week, runs 5k's and lives a fairly active life. They see the 322 lb person i still am. And that's ok, i realize now I'm dodging bullets by not having those people in my life. If someone won't befriend me because of my weight that says more about them.. If someone speaks to me in a negative or bullying manner about my weight, i no longer cry into a cheeseburger, I respond (or ignore) accordingly so they leave knowing they are wrong. There are big things ahead in my future and my weight isn't going to hold me down any longer, and i encourage anyone who is still in that state of mind to talk to someone about it, and work towards being the best you that you can be. You are all worth it.

(sorry that was so long, i don't expect many people to read all of it, if you did thank you, if you didn't no harm haha)
  • Falcon
    Options
    Nice Kame, you're doing really well. Keep up the awesome work :)