Your most notable rejection

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
I actually rehashed it while showing my DD my '78 (8th grade) yearbook. I asked a girl out to prom and instead of telling me personally, she wrote in my yearbook that she didn't want to say yes because she was hoping another guy she liked would ask her out. And it was on the first page..............................
Needless to say, I didn't go to prom. I went to the pool hall instead and played Millipede that night.:cry:

Okay let's hear 'em!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I hit a cheerleader in the face with one of her teams balls on a fast break layup rejection...
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I actually rehashed it while showing my DD my '78 (8th grade) yearbook. I asked a girl out to prom and instead of telling me personally, she wrote in my yearbook that she didn't want to say yes because she was hoping another guy she liked would ask her out. And it was on the first page..............................
    Needless to say, I didn't go to prom. I went to the pool hall instead and played Millipede that night.:cry:

Okay let's hear 'em!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That girl was a great friend of mine. This thread is divisive, and offends me. Give yourself a warning please.....
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    way back when i was young(er) and dumb(er), i thought i'd be unique and pierce the web of my left hand between the thumb and forefinger. my body rejected that piercing something fierce.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    In college there was a girl I had a huge crush on. She was several years older and had just broken up with her boyfriend. I saw it as an opportunity and sent her flowers and a poem I wrote her. She told me she wasn't interested.....Either that day or the next day I ended up staying over night at her best friends house and hooked up with her. She was either in a long-term relationship or engaged....I can't really remember.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Mine was in 2010 shortly after my divorce. I asked him if he wanted to go out for a drink and he told me he doesn't date fat chicks. I ran into him at my bodybuilding competition last year and had the opportunity to return the favor of rejecting him.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    In Jr. High I had a guy break up with me by screaming it to me while I was walking up to our very crowded bus stop. I wanted to curl up and die... So, I slapped him and then I kissed his best friend in the hallway in front of him later that day.

Yeah, not my greatest moment and that caused a major fight.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have been rejected more times that I've been pursued. Other than my husband, who I am starting to be convinced just likes to have a little insanity in his life, I'm pretty sure it was a big sea of rejection.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm too lovable to be rejected.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

0/10 would not date (now you have a story about being rejected)
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

0/10 would not date (now you have a story about being rejected)

You can't do that....you're a part of the Navy....you take orders from us! :laugh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    His name was Derek. I was obsessed. Like freaky obsessed. Somewhere in a box are probably photos I took of his back.
    Yes his back.
    This went on for 3 years. Rejection after rejection. He treated me like the ugly stepsister.
    Broke my heart.

Then he finally wised up after graduation. We dated for about three years.

But he had lost his allure. Some objects are to be admired and not attained.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My ex-fiance broke our engagement in a letter. That I got on Valentines Day. It's been 12 years since it happened, and I still hate that day of the year.
  • bombshellinprogress
    bombshellinprogress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mine was in 2010 shortly after my divorce. I asked him if he wanted to go out for a drink and he told me he doesn't date fat chicks. I ran into him at my bodybuilding competition last year and had the opportunity to return the favor of rejecting him.

OMG what a jerk!!! Good for you girl :drinker:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

You should feel blessed. A**.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    My ex-fiance broke our engagement in a letter. That I got on Valentines Day. It's been 12 years since it happened, and I still hate that day of the year.

I proposed on valentines day to simplify and consolidate important anniversary dates...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Was about to ask the guy I had a crush on for years to go to homecoming with me, when he started asking me about a mutual friend. :cry: We ended up dating about a year later, turns out he was WAY too strait laced for me so we were better off as friends anyways. :tongue:
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Shut up Probie. Did I tell you it was ok to speak?:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Everyone I ever met in Chit Chat.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    All my life, I always got every man I wanted. They always came on to me; they didn't even know I liked them till they made their move. Then, I got OLD. There was one man I met... I haven't had any contact with him for years now. We were close friends. I never let on how I felt about him, and never told anyone else. He was the only one I ever wanted that I never got. But I was old, he was young, and he just didn't look at me in that way.