Your most notable rejection

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I'm too lovable to be rejected.

0/10 would not date (now you have a story about being rejected)

Roger that.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mine was in 2010 shortly after my divorce. I asked him if he wanted to go out for a drink and he told me he doesn't date fat chicks. I ran into him at my bodybuilding competition last year and had the opportunity to return the favor of rejecting him.

the very best of revenges
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    its childish, but in gr 8, i asked a girl i liked to dance and she laughed. broke my poor little young heart

i got over it, she got herpes 3 years later LOL
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    She called the cops because I had planted video cameras in her apartment, and was finding out who she was dating and scaring them away. What a b.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Never dumped, never rejected, although I'm not done living my life either. :ohwell:
  • sixout
    Options
    >Be me
    >8th grade, new kid at school, never been kissed, low self esteem
    >Get to go on my first date
    >Double date
    >10/10 boy, Jackson
    >Other couple chanting "Just kiss, just kiss!"
    >I turned, leaned in
    >Omg gonna get my first kiss
    >excitement.jpg
    >Jackson leans away with catlike reflexes
    >ohgodno
    >eyes burned, could feel the tears
    >held composure until I got home
    >cried in my room
    >I will never attempt to initiate a kiss again
    >damn you Jackson

Typical Jackson.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I once lost out on a dramatic role in which the play went on to Broadway.
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A guy stalked me home and a told him to **** off or I'd kill him
    I think he understood that I wasn't interested. :)
  • yourlittleloretta
    Options
    High school sweetheart, husband, father of my child...cheated...now ex-husband. :noway:
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    >Be me
    >8th grade, new kid at school, never been kissed, low self esteem
    >Get to go on my first date
    >Double date
    >10/10 boy, Jackson
    >Other couple chanting "Just kiss, just kiss!"
    >I turned, leaned in
    >Omg gonna get my first kiss
    >excitement.jpg
    >Jackson leans away with catlike reflexes
    >ohgodno
    >eyes burned, could feel the tears
    >held composure until I got home
    >cried in my room
    >I will never attempt to initiate a kiss again
    >damn you Jackson
    your 4chan is showing
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    *sigh* that one awesome mfp-er that so many on my fl are friends with. She keeps rejecting my frs. *another, sadder sigh* maybe someday...*sad charlie brown walk*
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    the moment my now ex (feels strange saying that) wouldn't let me kiss her, was the final nail in the coffin as they say :(
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Dated 3 months, things were great but something nagged in the back of my mind. I was crazy about him though and he kept telling me how I was "exactly what he needed".. yeah ok.

About 3 months and 2 days into the thing, he cancels all of our upcoming plans, stops returning calls, and pretty much vanishes. Zero explanation. That stung a bit.

A year and half later I'm running at the reservoir near my house and sure enough, bump into him on the path. He brushes past me, does a double take, doubles back and we awkwardly make small talk for a minute. We part and I'm scratching my head for a solid week.

Two weeks later I get a very contrite apology card for "bailing on me" the way he did. Supposedly his most significant ex (who he had a ton of unfinished business with) came back in his life right around the time he met me and for those three months he was pretty much torturing himself because he liked me so much, but he couldn't fight his feelings for her. They had moved in together a block away from my place.

I ran into him again, literally, a few weeks later, running the reservoir path. We talked for a minute. I told him he hurt my feelings pretty badly, but whatever, it was two years ago. He apologized again, we went our separate ways. I see them together pretty often. Heck sometimes we even run the same route. I realized a few weeks ago that we engage in an unspoken footrace each time we're running the same route. So far, I've beaten him every single time and dang, that feels great.
  • sixout
    Options
    *sigh* that one awesome mfp-er that so many on my fl are friends with. She keeps rejecting my frs. *another, sadder sigh* maybe someday...*sad charlie brown walk*

I think I may know why.
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    AdiabaticPerformance Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Never dumped, never rejected, although I'm not done living my life either. :ohwell:

Getting dumped and rejected isn't that bad... I got dumped because being a pilot isn't that cool... so I flew to the beach

It may not be "that cool" but the view sure is nice :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Back in college I was working two jobs, and one of them was providing care for a man with autism who needed a lot of help with everything and had 24/7 care. My coworker was actually the client's cousin. He was a guy I'd gone to high school with but hadn't known then because he was a year older and quite shy.

We worked long weekend shifts that overlapped by just a few minutes, and we would chat about our client and other things. I was single at the time and I thought this guy seemed very sweet, especially with his cousin/client, and it helped that he wasn't too bad on the eyes. I knew we had a few things in common outside of the job. So I got up the nerve to ask him out for coffee. He looked at me so weird and said, "No. I don't really like coffee." I'd been forward with guys before but usually had success, at least somewhat, so that totally threw me off and I was fairly mortified. I had the feeling (mostly in my head of course) that this guy was just totally disgusted by me, thought I was hideous and unacceptable as a potential date, and imagining that I harbored a serious lovestruck type of crush on him...I wished I could shout from the rooftops, "I don't even like you that much! I just thought MAYBE you would be interested in spending a little time together!" haha

YEARS later...like 7-8 years later...I was at the local library and I noticed that he was working there. He came up to me in the aisle and said, "Hey! How are you?" and then started talking to me about his cousin who had recently died. I offered my condolences. Then he got kinda weird acting, and he told me that he remembered the coffee thing and he'd wondered for years if I was asking him out and he really blew it big time. I laughed and admitted that yeah, I was. He blushed so bad and commented that no one had asked him out, and he was not a coffee drinker back then. Then he said he knew I was married (by then) blah blah blah, and we both just laughed it all off. But for years if someone would have mentioned his name to me at all I would have felt embarrassed.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    your 4chan is showing

I just can't let go of the green text story format..
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Getting dumped and rejected isn't that bad... I got dumped because being a pilot isn't that cool... so I flew to the beach

It may not be "that cool" but the view sure is nice :)

Not that cool? I'm very straight but a pilot? id ask you on a date! haha, that is incredibly cool pal (Y)
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    its childish, but in gr 8, i asked a girl i liked to dance and she laughed. broke my poor little young heart

i got over it, she got herpes 3 years later LOL
    lulz
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I asked a guy to prom, he had graduated already. He said if I gave him a BJ he would go with me. Needless to say, I did not go to prom with that a**hole!