so the 50 shades of grey trailer is out...

Options

Replies

• feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Ah- I love it. so amusing. What I find REALLY amusing is how incredibly unaware so many people are- thinking that blind folds- ties and a little restraint is hard core. And I'm no expert- because I'm definitely in the "BDSM lite fat free" category... but I know it runs deep- (joke intended) MUCH MUCH deeper than people are willing to admit... so they just accept that a blind and a tie and some basic restraints is sexy bondage time. LOL I wouldn't call it irony- but it does make me chuckle.

I might have to pull out the 'red' card on this. :tongue:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Let me know when they make the Sleeping Beauty series from Anne Rice into a movie. :wink:

I thought i was the only one in the world that had read those!!! THat would be one kinky movie

I have those sitting on my shelf right now. It would literally be impossible to make those into a movie that wasn't rated X without severely cutting and rewriting them. *sigh*

I read the first two but not the third. I personally felt the second one was a rehash of the first except it took place in the village.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    The book was written at an 8th grade reading level, but the plot was fun and hopefully the movie will be too.

Date night, anyone?
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I watched the trailer and I think the guy they chose for Christian is awful. He does not come off as controlling and domineering. He just felt kind of pathetic. Not how I pictured Christian at all. I'm okay with Ana. She at least seems to be in tune with her character.

I agree about Christian but I'm not a fan of Ana either
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I watched the trailer and I think the guy they chose for Christian is awful. He does not come off as controlling and domineering. He just felt kind of pathetic. Not how I pictured Christian at all. I'm okay with Ana. She at least seems to be in tune with her character.

I agree about Christian but I'm not a fan of Ana either

Truth is I don't think we'd be satisfied with any actors they chose because we all had our ideas of what these characters looked like and how they carried themselves.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Let me know when they make the Sleeping Beauty series from Anne Rice into a movie. :wink:

I SAW THEM FOR SALE AT WALMART LAST SUMMER. :noway: They were in with all the rest of the novels, like 6' from the children's book section. Unwrapped and all that. There was a sticker on the covers that said, "If you liked 50 Shades..."

I wanted to end that sentence with, "...you'll crap your pants when you read these."
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    the books are twilight for middle age house wives. They did the job. Got all of the wifeys hot and bothered.

I read them all. they weren't great, but just consider the source, it's not like it was meant to be these amazing works of art. Didn't hate them, didn't love them.

I think they did a decent job of casting Ana, but I wish they kept Charlie Hunnam as Christian....oh my word. That would have made a good movie despite the poor books.

I know nothing about BDSM so I didn't see anything wrong about it, sucks to hear it was poorly represented.

Funny story, I believe that the book actually originated as an online blog that was a spin off of Twilight. No joke.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have a better movie for you if you like the premise but hate the books. The Secretary. Way before these books ever came out there was a crazy sub/dom movie featuring James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal. You are welcome.

This a thousand times. The Secretary was great. It belongs in your DVD collection.

<writes this down>

you know what semi scandalous movie I kind of enjoyed?
    Dangerous Beauty- not really BDSM- but it was certainly an interesting slightly "racey" if I watched this with my mom I'd be uncomfortable movie for it's time. Inspired by a true story I believed.

Have you seen Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac? Or Antichrist for that matter...
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options

I SAW THEM FOR SALE AT WALMART LAST SUMMER. :noway: They were in with all the rest of the novels, like 6' from the children's book section. Unwrapped and all that. There was a sticker on the covers that said, "If you liked 50 Shades..."

I wanted to end that sentence with, "...you'll crap your pants when you read these."

This made me laugh!

I spent many nights with those books, a bottle of wine, and some Chinese take out.
  • jammer2net
    jammer2net Posts: 42
    Options
    The Secretary is e GREAT movie! I loved the saddle part, hahaha!

Check out the movie "Secretary" with James Spader & Maggie Gyllenhall if you like this sort of thing.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I just introduced my beloved to Secretary last night :) He, of course, loved it.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Interesting observation from when I worked at a bookstore and these books came out. The majority of purchases of these books were accompanied with Christian Inspiration books. I just thought that was interesting...

:noway:
  • kendall916
    Options
    I just introduced my beloved to Secretary last night :) He, of course, loved it.

I admit I watched that and it's a good movie. Not sure about this 50 shades &@%^#
    I'll go if someone wants to crack jokes throughout the movie.
  • kendall916
    Options
    the books are twilight for middle age house wives. They did the job. Got all of the wifeys hot and bothered.

I read them all. they weren't great, but just consider the source, it's not like it was meant to be these amazing works of art. Didn't hate them, didn't love them.

I think they did a decent job of casting Ana, but I wish they kept Charlie Hunnam as Christian....oh my word. That would have made a good movie despite the poor books.

I know nothing about BDSM so I didn't see anything wrong about it, sucks to hear it was poorly represented.

Funny story, I believe that the book actually originated as an online blog that was a spin off of Twilight. No joke.

Yeah I heard it started out as a "fanfiction" making fun of Twilight then it 'evolved' into this poorly written -yet strangely arousing- "fanfiction"
  • mybeesknees
    mybeesknees Posts: 633
    Options
    5vx9qq.png
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I hope it's kinkier than the book. Quite the disappointment.

their implication of kink was pulling out a blind fold.

That isn't leaving me hopeful.

And a tie. :sick:

Ah- I love it. so amusing. What I find REALLY amusing is how incredibly unaware so many people are- thinking that blind folds- ties and a little restraint is hard core. And I'm no expert- because I'm definitely in the "BDSM lite fat free" category... but I know it runs deep- (joke intended) MUCH MUCH deeper than people are willing to admit... so they just accept that a blind and a tie and some basic restraints is sexy bondage time. LOL I wouldn't call it irony- but it does make me chuckle.

I have those sitting on my shelf right now. It would literally be impossible to make those into a movie that wasn't rated X without severely cutting and rewriting them. *sigh*

why can't we just go full blown with it? why do we have to make it R- can't we make it an X movie?

hell they made a Pirates/Pirates II- so they have some money to make some movies- go for it. Can't be worse than that drivel (although those are great drinking movies)

Create a movie with fire play, blood play, needles, device bondage....then we'll talk.

Until then, i just view the movie the same way i did the book: a story about an abusive a**hole taking advantage of a woman, under the guise of 'BDSM'.....just to get some old housewives hot and steamy.
  • jammer2net
    jammer2net Posts: 42
    Options
    This is true! One of my most fave movies ever. You will never beat Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger!

They already did this. It was called "9 1/2 Weeks".
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just hope who they picked lives up to the role and does justice. He does not look like a dominating man to me.

my thoughts exactly!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Didn't read it, have no interest...

James Spader on the other hand.... Off to find that movie. Love him!!!!

The real Mr. Grey. :drinker:

OMFG yes. Secretary was amazing.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Have you seen Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac? Or Antichrist for that matter...

Are you talking about Antichrist staring Willam Defoe? Because my boyfriend and I watched that on Netflix last year and whenever I think about the part where she takes the wood and smashes his...ahem...no no special place...it hurts me and I don't even have those bits.

I won't be seeing 50 Shades of Grey because I read books 1 and 2, and half of 3 and my IQ dropped because the writing sucked. My dog could crap a better book series than that.