Women and High Heels

Options

Replies

• Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've always been a fan of high heels - they don't hurt my feet or give me knee or back problems. I don't wear the 6" heels, so maybe that's why, but I do have lots of 4" heels and a couple pairs of 5". In my opinion, the characteristics that make a heel look trashy are the design and heel/platform height. If the heel & platform are too tall, then they look like stripper shoes. If they're made out of plastic or crap material and have some crazy, loud, flashy designs or are overly sparkly then that, to me, looks cheap/trashy. But if they're a nice brand and real leather with a good design then I'm a fan. I also like the height, which I know sounds odd because I'm already about 5'10" barefoot, but I would much prefer to be able to see over the tops of peoples' heads rather than feel claustrophobic and unable to see around them, especially in crowded places like a bar or something.

*Edit to add - if they're well made and real leather or other good material, then I don't feel like I'm sacrificing comfort. The appeal of high heels is that they lengthen the look of the leg, which has a flattering effect, and - really - they just look sexy.
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I do admit to laughing at women who can't walk properly in heels. They look like baby giraffes.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't wear them on a regular basis but I like to when I dress up. I like the way they make my legs look. And that I can take one off and beat somebody over the head with it if the need arises.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    It's usually my bra that stop me otherwise I can run in my heels (not stilettos admittedly).
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I don't wear them and if I was going to it would be the big chunky ones that are easy to walk in and stomp people with

also I do not think any clothing is "trashy" unless it was found in the dumpster then give it a wash and its probably cool
  • sammharley1
    sammharley1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I absolutely ADORE heels. Im only 5" and I can walk in them fine, whatever the height. They make me confident and I feel taller, slimmer and hold myself better. They make legs look awesome. I dont think they always look whorish!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Heels do not hurt my feet. I like them because they make my *kitten* and legs look awesome.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Breaking my ankle was the most devastating thing to ever happen to my shoe collection...

pBTNGML.gif
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    High heels are just plain sexy. If I hear high heels clicking on a hard floor it totally messes me up. If i'm having a conversation or concentrating I become instantly flabergasted, my heart rate increases, and my ......lets just leave it at that! Damn I love high heels.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy who doesn't understand high heels.

Short is cute; tall is manly. And since about 1% of women can actually walk in heels and not look ridiculous, the chances are you are not one of them.

MjAxMy1lZmQ5ZGE2NzA0NDU2OGJl.png
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Love my heels and refuse to be judged by anyone for wearing them!!!

In fact, to look at another woman and judge her without knowing her is really not on is it?
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I actually read a recent study on this. Basically the findings boiled down to this: women tend to classify women of other socioeconomic status as being "*kitten*."

Poor women tend to call high-income status "*kitten*" and vice versa as a way to "other" that person. Basically it boils down to: "Oh, you're not like me? Then you're a *kitten*."

Caveat: Yes. I know this doesn't apply to every single woman. And No. I didn't come up with these research results. It was an academic study performed over a large group of women trying to examine the roots of why women engage in such behaviors. It's certainly not going to be true for every single woman, it's a study which covered aggregate behavior. So if you have a problem with the results, don't bring them to my door. I had nothing to do with it.
  • sammharley1
    sammharley1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    High heels are just plain sexy. If I hear high heels clicking on a hard floor it totally messes me up. If i'm having a conversation or concentrating I become instantly flabergasted, my heart rate increases, and my ......lets just leave it at that! Damn I love high heels.

THIS ^^^^!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i think high heels are ridiculous (slight fashion accessory that causes major discomfort? no spank you) but i could care less if someone wears them
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Women and High Heels

I like them.
    I haz dem
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Why do women sacrifice comfort to wear these contraptions?

Because I'm short as fck
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Why do women sacrifice comfort to wear these contraptions?

Because I'm short as fck

How short exactly is "short as fck"?
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    There are comfortable high heels out there... I sacrifice nothing. But they're are so pretty... :laugh:

YUP! It took me years to understand why women would wear heels, mostly because each time I wore them they hurt and pinched and gave me blisters and I couldn't walk in them very well. But then a really good friend gave me some advice how to walk and what it should feel like (i.e. not pinch). Now I own heels ranging from 2 - 6 inches (I don't wear the 6 inches very often as I am 5'7" and it gives my boyfriend a bit of a complex) but I only buy heels if they are comfortable, if they pinch during the "test" run they are going back in the box no matter how pretty they are.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    The goldfish in the 7" heel makes it skanky... Steve Madden's are never whorish... and lets just say it.... men like beautiful high heels next to their ears ! (Sensible flats just don't have that same appeal
  • Jaffsa
    Jaffsa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love wearing high, sexy heels- and for some people (I'm lucky to be one of them!) they are not uncomfortable!
    Kind of like makeup- not necessary, but it makes you feel sexy!