Women and High Heels

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I would like to know why fitness competitors wear the plastic heels. Why can't they wear a nice nude plate form pump? Or even red, or black? Why the plastic?

I've always wondered that myself. The only other people I see wearing those heels are strippers, and some hookers.

Speaking from a short person, heels give me length and they're actually not all uncomfortable. I also believe heels weren't originally made for women. If you look at old paintings and portraits, men actually wore heels, too.

I always thought it was because anything other than a clear heel detracts from the physique. Draw attention to the legs, no the heel. Nude pumps would be hot though. But stripper heels are just as hot. Either way, bikini and figure competitors are drool worthy.

I'd wanna wear something like this:

1193026_fpx.tif?$filterlrg$&wid=370

Of course they'd make me like 6'2" but :shrug:.
  • pythagarus
    pythagarus Posts: 16
    Options
    I understand the appeal completely. They give women super powers.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the rest of this video!
    just look up any of Yanis Marshall's choreograph's- he is fierce.
    Cant walk in heels if my life depended on it so this makes me realllllly jealous lol

tumblr_n4h10bNYJB1txa9svo1_500.gif

i'm obsessed with yanis marshall.

seriously.

he's so effing fabulous. nom nom nom nom
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I only wear heels on a special dress up occasion and even then they are not massively high.
    Last time I wore "killer" heels was last year in Feb for my grandad 80th party. They lasted for the walking in the room, wow I love your hair/outfit/shoes bit and then the comfy uggs come on.
    I vowed never again and I haven't.

I am a comfort over fashion girl.
  • LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    2dbl46a.jpg

I don't care if they don't make sense to you. I love them. :smooched:

^^^LOVE THESE!!

I unfortunately cannot walk well in high heels but I love them. I wear them only to work where the surface level is flat and carpeted. They're a fashion accessory. We wear them because we like them, not because we're insecure or whorish.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I would like to know why fitness competitors wear the plastic heels. Why can't they wear a nice nude plate form pump? Or even red, or black? Why the plastic?

I've always wondered that myself. The only other people I see wearing those heels are strippers, and some hookers.

Speaking from a short person, heels give me length and they're actually not all uncomfortable. I also believe heels weren't originally made for women. If you look at old paintings and portraits, men actually wore heels, too.

"Nude" in a figure competition would mean you have to get shoes in burnt orange :laugh:
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    High heels cause more damage when kicking.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    2dbl46a.jpg

I don't care if they don't make sense to you. I love them. :smooched:

^^^LOVE THESE!!

I unfortunately cannot walk well in high heels but I love them. I wear them only to work where the surface level is flat and carpeted. They're a fashion accessory. We wear them because we like them, not because we're insecure or whorish.

WANT!!!!!!!
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    One of co-workers wears these at least once a week. Just weird:

weird-high-heel-11.jpeg
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Love the blanket "6" heels are for hookers or strippers!" :laugh: As if they're the only ones that can wear them.

I have plenty of 6" heels that are quite fashionable and I *gasp* also have the hooker-stripper-only CLEAR PLASTIC ones too :laugh: I honestly don't see anything wrong with them. I buy and wear what I like. Judge away if you must but I rock 'em.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I understand the appeal completely. They give women super powers.

Agreed. My comfy red high-heeled Mary Janes definitely do this.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    If they have neon lights built into the soles they are whorish

Or Barbie heads.

Edited to add picture:
    df797069-d0b8-4be2-88af-571168e2e207_zpsf7cc7dae.png

where do I get these!!!????

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boots/stride-bright-stride-far-wedge

Currently out of stock.:)
  • JoRocka
    Options

weird-high-heel-11.jpeg

I own a pair of those- mine are strappy and suede- I adore them.

best thing EVER- super comfie too.

I would. NEVER EVER wear them to work- mine are easily 6+" and while I do adore anything 5 and taller- it starts to get inappropriate for work me thinks. Plus my boss walks everywhere- and quickly- I can't keep up after 4/5" we have to go down 3 flights of stairs- and I am very competent- i'm not rushing LOL
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

weird-high-heel-11.jpeg

Not going to lie. I find these hideous.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

weird-high-heel-11.jpeg

for some reason I read your sentence like the lady in the "Jake from State Farm" commercial.

tumblr_lyfq24mkXy1r6jujzo5_r1_250.gif
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Why are strippers a bad thing? Any I've ever met were working their way through law or medical school.
    I suppose that depends on where you live.

Where I'm located in the Midwest, there isn't a law or medical school nearby. Most of ours are working their way through baby number4 and daddy number 3.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

weird-high-heel-11.jpeg

for some reason I read your sentence like the lady in the "Jake from State Farm" commercial.

tumblr_lyfq24mkXy1r6jujzo5_r1_250.gif

Quite an accurate representation of my reaction *LOL*
  • WhizGidget
    WhizGidget Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Odusgulp and others: I have that exact same reaction to those.

I don't wear heels, I'm a flats girl. I understand the appeal - the height, the slimming of the legs, the hip sway, the butt lift. I just can't do that to my knees and lower back. And I'm a boots kinda girl too.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

weird-high-heel-11.jpeg

I do, too, but I bet anyone who beomes adept at walking in them never has balance issues ever again. They look like training shoes for a tightrope walker.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I do, too, but I bet anyone who beomes adept at walking in them never has balance issues ever again. They look like training shoes for a tightrope walker.

they are surprisingly stable.