EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED AT WORK

Options
MyiahRose
MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
Well first i should start off saying that i don't have much time to exercise so i try to get some in at work. I usually walk stairs on breaks and things like that.
I knew today was going to be a busy day and i wouldnt have much time to do anything. So i decided i was going to get my squats in early so i wouldnt have to worry about them later. I went to the ladies room and i was doing squats in the stall. I was doing great and got up to about 70 squats. On my last set my co worker walked in to use the restroom. I didn't think anything about it because i was so in the zone and was focused on getting my last set of squats in so i can get some coffee. You know how you make some type of noises when you have to push yourself on your last set? Yea....
15 minutes later my boss called me in his office and explained to me that a co worker had heard me masturbating in the bathroom and it really disturbed her. I was in total shock trying to explain to my boss that i was just trying to get some quick squats in because i never have to time to exercise (because im always paper pushing for him :grumble: ) . He then said that he doesnt believe me and i need to do my personal business at home and not on the job and this was a warning. When i walked back to my desk everyone is just staring at me so i know my co worker had told everyone. I am so embarrassed beyond measures.
Everyone keeps whispering behind my back, ugh Whyyyyy.

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Ok then....
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Yes. Squats. Of course you were... :wink:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Very awkward..
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    We Can all learn something from this.

When you find yourself in need of a some squat time, either be very quiet or do it alone.

OP: I do feel your pain as I almost got caught squatting, at a job I had a few years ago

:blushing:

Note to self proof read before posting
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Um, okaaaaay.

I don't make a lot of noise when I squat and if I do happen to make some sort of sound it doesn't sound like I'm climaxing.

If you knew a co-worker was in there you should have cut your "workout" short.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I think doing squats in a stall is much weirder than masturbating in there.

IMO
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Well... For one your boss called you a liar. Which implies that either in the past you haven't been truthful, or your boss isn't very understanding as a person. But, since it has come to the point where your co worker has told everyone, I would take that up with HR. That can be damaging to someone's position in the company, and your co worker had no right to tell any one other than your boss. It would have been much classier if she had come to you, but that time has passed.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Well first i should start off saying that i don't have much time to exercise so i try to get some in at work. I usually walk stairs on breaks and things like that.
    I knew today was going to be a busy day and i wouldnt have much time to do anything. So i decided i was going to get my squats in early so i wouldnt have to worry about them later. I went to the ladies room and i was doing squats in the stall. I was doing great and got up to about 70 squats. On my last set my co worker walked in to use the restroom. I didn't think anything about it because i was so in the zone and was focused on getting my last set of squats in so i can get some coffee. You know how you make some type of noises when you have to push yourself on your last set? Yea....
    15 minutes later my boss called me in his office and explained to me that a co worker had heard me masturbating in the bathroom and it really disturbed her. I was in total shock trying to explain to my boss that i was just trying to get some quick squats in because i never have to time to exercise (because im always paper pushing for him :grumble: ) . He then said that he doesnt believe me and i need to do my personal business at home and not on the job and this was a warning. When i walked back to my desk everyone is just staring at me so i know my co worker had told everyone. I am so embarrassed beyond measures.
    Everyone keeps whispering behind my back, ugh Whyyyyy.

#1 Everybody jerks it at work.
    #2 - Bathrooms stink...you are only in there if you have to be....squat somewhere else
    #3 - You should tell everyone that you overheard a call between that coworker and her doctor and she has syphilis and gonorrhea
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I don't even care if this is a troll. This story fictional or not, just made my whole life LOL
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I have my own office...so when I need to "squat" at work, I just close my door and get busy.

I have already done two "squats" this morning.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    OMG you poor thing!!! Next time you're in the bathroom doing squats don't do it in the stall. this way if anyone walks in they can see what you're grunting about. Also I would approach your coworker and explain and quite possibly make a trip to HR and explain the situation. Your boss said It was a warning and that is so not fair. I'm so mad at everyone in your office right now.

Wow just wow....
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    OH WOW. Next time squat by the sink? Speak to your boss and tell him you're addicted to exercise and it couldn't wait until you got home? If it was your break it shouldn't matter WHAT you were doing in the privacy of a cubicle - if it's not hurting someone else. If I'd been your colleague I'd have asked if you were OK!
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    what where you squatting on?
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sure
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    1. You shouldn't be squatting in the bathroom when you're "on the clock." If you are going to, you shouldn't do it in a restroom other people are using.

2. Talk to HR. Your boss shouldn't have been having this conversation with you; HR should have. This screams of troll, tbh. Your boss didn't believe you? Why would a boss think *kitten* > squatting?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    My boss thought I was squatting in the bathroom, but the joke is on him because I was rubbing one out.
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Um, okaaaaay.

I don't make a lot of noise when I squat and if I do happen to make some sort of sound it doesn't sound like I'm climaxing.

If you knew a co-worker was in there you should have cut your "workout" short.

I wasnt making that much noise like seriously. I was breathing a little hard. Plus i was just finishing up the last set like i said , i didnt think anything of it.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    How'd you get the barbell in the stall?