EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED AT WORK

Options

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you get your boss to smell your fingers?

No point, she'd washed her hands :smile:
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'd have asked if you needed some help in there...She is probably some prudish, dried-up old ***** who never has sex. Just sayin'. And if people thought I was handling business at work...I'd walk around talking about how relaxed I felt with my new exercise routine and ask if they wanted to join...bwhahahahahaha
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Thought Stalls were just for taking a crap - must be old fashioned
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I have been heard doing " squats " LMAO ! Yes.... squats.. is that what it is called now.

I like the way you think! That’s my new name for it to!
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Hope my husband isn't taking a squat playing golf
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Well... For one your boss called you a liar. Which implies that either in the past you haven't been truthful, or your boss isn't very understanding as a person. But, since it has come to the point where your co worker has told everyone, I would take that up with HR. That can be damaging to someone's position in the company, and your co worker had no right to tell any one other than your boss. It would have been much classier if she had come to you, but that time has passed.

^^Agree^^ Especially since your boss has given you a verbal warning. Go to HR.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    My question is this...."WTF is wrong with masturbating in the bathroom at work?" Its a bodily function like peeing or taking a dump. So what if you were masturbating in the stall? Seriously, do you think they could really fire you or even give you a written disciplinary action for that? If you were not at work yet, or were on a break or lunch period...they do not have a leg to stand on as long as the door was shut so no one had to see. Hell, I go in our restroom and listen to the ladies in there moaning and raising hell trying to ****, I would rather hear them masturbating honestly.

OK winner :-)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Just read the original post.

Awesome.

Just... Awesome.

ETA - go to HR, file a complaint against your co-worker for sexual harassment.
  • basstech
    basstech Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I get overly excited about my exercises as well, but that is primarily walking with my hands swinging by my side in public....The best way to confront this is to be up front and SHOW THEM THE SQUATS...then say 'get off on that!"...or something along them lines.....Taking 'getting it (good heath) on when you can' to the next level. Good for you!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    According to this article, you should be squatting at your desk, not in the bathroom.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3026067/leadership-now/should-you-be-squatting-at-your-desk
  • petrulak
    petrulak Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How did she know for sure it was you? She is a peeping tom! (No offense to anyone named Tom!) If she is a peeper, she clearly would have seen you doing whatever it was you were doing!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    How did she know for sure it was you? She is a peeping tom! (No offense to anyone named Tom!) If she is a peeper, she clearly would have seen you doing whatever it was you were doing!

She said the other lady came out of her stall while OP was washing her hands and saw that it was her.
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OP did you go to HR? What did they say?
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    First off. LMFAO... Second, this:
    I think doing squats in a stall is much weirder than masturbating in there.

IMO
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you get your boss to smell your fingers?

Hey Dewy, smell my finger.
    *sniff* what's that?
    That's the smell when you become a REAL man! HAHAHA!
    Smell mine
    *sniff* Oh god, what is that?
    MY *kitten*.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    SO many questions about the logistics of all of this. How big of a stall is this that you can do squats in there? And how did she not see you once you were near the floor? And why, when she heard the noises, did she not look and see you obviously squatting in the gigantic stall which I assume had a standard stall door? I need MythBusters.

20110905003006!Busted.png

...and OP?
    tumblr_mg16xqyNz21qa1kkvo1_500.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    This really sounds like part of an online game of truth or dare. Because when it comes to the dare part, it nearly always involves starting a thread about some extremely embarrassing problem (usually work related), because if you have to make someone do a dare on an online forum without getting a strike or ban, that's about all there is. Or maybe publicly telling other members that you have a secret crush on them or some other such thing.

Other good dares include embarrassing signatures, although on this forum it'd have to be putting stuff in bold at the bottom of a set number of posts. Or something.

If it's really not a dare or a troll post, then I agree about going to HR because this is unprofessional and probably classed as harassment, as others have said.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Because after i finished up my squats i went to wash my hands and fix myself up and she came out the stall a few seconds later. It was only us in the restroom

That's when you talk to her, saying "Wow, that was tough doing the squats challenge, my friends and I on facebook are doing it every morning, adding more squats every day, have you heard of it?" and demonstrate a partial squat for her, avoiding this whole scenario.... but now...complain to HR first, you have to now...

Then, do squats daily before your shift in the bathroom OUTSIDE the stall in full view, keeping count, telling everyone who enters that "now you have to do them outside the stall since dirty minded people assume rude things and spread rumors" and talk to them about your squat challenge and ask them if you want to join. That should clear it up after a few weeks...and force people to either complain about you doing squats in the bathroom to your boss (thereby clearing up what you are actually doing), or accept you do squats in the restroom.

But really, bad, bad choice of place all around, I'd never want to inhale deeply in the bathroom for my work out...but now, you just about have to do it, or else the other idea will stick for everyone.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    This is what the world is coming to...

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/hell-no-you-cant-go-teamsters-dont-bathroom-rules-n158431

Some notes:

The Chicago company installed a new system that monitors bathroom breaks and penalizes employees who spend more than six minutes a day in the washroom outside their normal breaks.

"The HR woman literally goes through every person's bathroom use and either hands out a reward or discipline," said Nick Kreitman, an attorney for Teamsters Local 743

Sounds like I need to go back to school for HR so I can get a job monitoring adult pee breaks.

ETA: 140715115329-bathroom-harassment-620xa.jpg

I drink 6-7cups of water at work.......I would be in trouble! :laugh:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Login/Register Newsletter Subscribe

Magazine CES 2014

Q&A: The Surprising Phenomenon of Exercise-Induced Organisms
    A first-person coreganism testimonial
    By Jennifer Abbasi Posted 04.05.2012 at 10:07 am 17 Comments

Workout LocalFitness.com.au
    According to a new study by s*x researchers at the Indiana University, women having organisms during exercise is a real phenomenon. As far as the researchers know, this is the first study that deals directly with exercise-induced organisms (EIO), known colloquially as "coreganisms" because they tend to occur during core-strengthening workouts, like sit-ups and crunches. Coreganisms began making the rounds on the internet and in women's magazines back in 2007, when an editor at Men's Health blogged about them. But as far back as 1953, a study by pioneering s*xologist Alfred Kinsey found that 5 percent of women experienced organisms during exercise, and that figure was likely low because the researchers hadn't asked about EIOs specifically.