GRAPHIC PHOTOS of a 69 year woman in a swimsuit.

Options

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    As you know, the older you get the harder it is to lose...

I can't use that excuse anymore. I discovered that I had to get passed all my excuses about age, post menopausal women and my physical limitations, before I could even get started. I was a wheelchair bound, morbidly obese woman of 67, when I came to MFP. I had spent most of my life making excuses for WHY I COULDN'T LOSE WEIGHT..."like other people". I found out that the same rules apply to all of us. Cut back on the calories and find some kind of exercise that works for you. For me, Sit And Fit exercises for handicapped and older folks was the start. Then, swimming came back into my life; and I was joyful in my new level of activity.
  • Missbuttercupp
    Missbuttercupp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG you are so amazing! You glow and look so radiant! You have nothing to be warning about. You're an inspiration!!! Job well done!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    You are adorable. :)
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    great job - amazing loss!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Great!! :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Blinking heck.

Very, very, very well done - on all counts!

I'll be getting my swimsuit out and going to the local public pool just as soon as some nasty horsefly bites have healed up. It won't be pretty (fat, unfit, and fifty), but I'll do it, and I'll do it with a smile on my face as I think of you.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    As you know, the older you get the harder it is to lose...

I can't use that excuse anymore. I discovered that I had to get passed all my excuses about age, post menopausal women and my physical limitations, before I could even get started. I was a wheelchair bound, morbidly obese woman of 67, when I came to MFP. I had spent most of my life making excuses for WHY I COULDN'T LOSE WEIGHT..."like other people". I found out that the same rules apply to all of us. Cut back on the calories and find some kind of exercise that works for you. For me, Sit And Fit exercises for handicapped and older folks was the start. Then, swimming came back into my life; and I was joyful in my new level of activity.

Just to warn you, you're going to be told you're unsympathetic and mean at some point in the next couple months. When it happens, welcome to the club!

You are so awesome!
  • mcintosh75
    mcintosh75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job and very brave on keeping a photo diary of the weight lose.

Before I began my journey or weight lose and change my life style ( I dont call it dieting) I couldnt bring myself to taking pictures. i use to get upset at people for taking my picture and would go out of my way to stay out of them. 127lbs gone in 9 months (roughly) and I find myself not really caring as much about photos anymore.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have a 2x purple swimsuit from old navy that I wore maybe four times. PM me if anybody is interested.
  • coquinat
    coquinat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL.
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! Great job!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    I love your posts, Sue! I had to chuckle at your "droopy drawers", but what a great NSV!!! Nice new suit, and I LOVE the color! :happy:
  • Lyndal816
    Lyndal816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have not seen the movie The Transformers, but you SHOULD be the star! :happy:

What a beautiful transformers...and the smile remained the same throughout the transformation. Great job.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. I love that you have that big smile in all of your pics.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and thank you for posting. You showed me that we should all be proud of our progress. I tried on a bathing suit today that showed my upper thighs that I hide and I am ready to not hide anymore some of my imperfections. You have helped give me the courage to do that.
  • hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, and very inspirational. One question - did your skin shrink too? I worry about having residual big folds of skin. Better that than the fat, but...
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, and very inspirational. One question - did your skin shrink too? I worry about having residual big folds of skin. Better that than the fat, but...

At my age, there is little hope of having the skin tighten up to what it was in my youth. Happily, my stomach did not sag as badly as it might have. My huge belly used to lay over my thighs and hid my pubic area completely. The belly could have become an equal big apron hanging to my knees. Though my stomach skin is loose, it did pull in and does not hang very much. My once huge breasts deflated from 46DD to 40C, with my nipples pointing straight down. The worst hanging flesh is under my upper arms. I had enormous, fat filled upper arms, and the weight loss left me with 'grannie wings' under my arms. Even though I did a lot of swimming; and it help with my thighs and abdomen, my wings are still a problem. I can wear a size 12 blouse, but only if the sleeves are poofy.

Even with the hanging flab, I am content. I feel and even look so much better than I have since my youth.
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are doing an amazing job! Keep on swimming girl! Remember every day is a new day and a fresh start on your new life style journey! Blessings!!:flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! I love this! Inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
  • kezharriman
    Options
    This is fab! well done to you ! x:happy: