42 calorie macaroni and cheese!

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This sounds terrible but seeing as how I already have those ingredients and am a stupidly low cal target (for me) I'll give it a crack tomorrow.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    This sounds terrible but seeing as how I already have those ingredients and am a stupidly low cal target (for me) I'll give it a crack tomorrow.

No!

DON'T DO IT!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!! Never thought of using shirataki noodles for something like mac and cheese... I will try it sometime next week and let you know how it tastes. lol

Don't.It'sa trap.

Seriously. I've tried 'mac and cheese' with shirataki noodles before. It comes out horrible. The cheese and the shirataki noodles do not mix. At all.
  • AbstractSilver
    Options
    For those saying I have an eating disorder -- uh, first of all I don't log everything I eat in my diary. I'm actually REALLY bad about it. I've been averaging about 1500-2000 calories with exercise. You really shouldn't make an assumption about someone's mental health. Just because it isn't in my diary doesn't mean I didn't eat it. I've actually been really bad about tracking lately because I've been super busy with school.

As for the noodles--yeah I figured it was probably too good to be true but I just wondered if anyone had tried them/if they were worth trying. Thanks for the replies for people who actually decided to respond to the topic.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

No!

DON'T DO IT!

I disagree.

DO IT! AND REPORT BACK!

FOR SCIENCE!!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

No!

DON'T DO IT!

I disagree.

DO IT! AND REPORT BACK!

FOR SCIENCE!!

Alright.

For science.

With pictures.

*blurgh*
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

No!

DON'T DO IT!

I disagree.

DO IT! AND REPORT BACK!

FOR SCIENCE!!

Alright.

For science.

With pictures.

*blurgh*

Hey, better him than me.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I tried something very similar & while I have a high tolerance for low carb faux dishes this was disgusting. If ya don't mind yet another low carb cauliflower faux dish, I did like

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cauliflower-mac-and-cheese-casserole-recipe.html
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!! Never thought of using shirataki noodles for something like mac and cheese... I will try it sometime next week and let you know how it tastes. lol

Don't.It'sa trap.

Seriously. I've tried 'mac and cheese' with shirataki noodles before. It comes out horrible. The cheese and the shirataki noodles do not mix. At all.

No harm in trying it! Cooking and tasting new alternative foods is my personal fun hobby even if it might turn out bad. Lol. :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

No!

DON'T DO IT!

I disagree.

DO IT! AND REPORT BACK!

FOR SCIENCE!!

Alright.

For science.

With pictures.

*blurgh*

Hey, better him than me.

I'll take one for the team.

Prelogged until Friday so it will be happening then. That is 48 hours away Americans :smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

No!

DON'T DO IT!

I disagree.

DO IT! AND REPORT BACK!

FOR SCIENCE!!

Alright.

For science.

With pictures.

*blurgh*

Hey, better him than me.

I'll take one for the team.

Prelogged until Friday so it will be happening then. That is 48 hours away Americans :smile:

In.

Mainly because Im curious how it turns out. This concoction sounds like something I'd only eat when I'm like 7 days away from a paycheck and am for some reason really broke and thinking about how to combine random stuff in my cupboards
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Gross... eat real mac and cheese... 642 cals a serving.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    *sad trombone noise*
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I agree, this doesn't sound like the best recipe... But, come on, give her a break.... I have posted many recipes here and have never seen such critical comments. Don't like it, move on.. Isn't life tough enough????
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    She just deactivated her account... Well done.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    In - want someone to attempt and report back on the grossness
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    She just deactivated her account... Well done.

What she's not waiting for Chris to tell us how the recipe turns out?!

How rude.
  • eltaylor73
    Options
    Thank you for this recipe.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'd take full-fat cheese and milk over 42 calories any day.

Some comfort food ya just can't *kitten* with.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    OP,

I hope you don't let this experience ruin you for mfp.

Your heart is in the right place. :flowerforyou: