Replies

• JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-26841-1405694334-4.gif
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's gotta be more than 42 calories. The noodles alone are 40 calories for the bag. Why not have the real thing?
    it is. the recipe up there is for 2 servings of regret/disappointment... not just one.

Ahhh....Sounds almost as bad as some meatless cauliflower chicken wings I saw once lol

hah. I remember this recipe. The sauce for the vegetables did sound good though. Cauliflower cannot be referred to as a wing IMHO.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles are really really nasty! In my opinion there is no way to make them taste any better. I think it would just be a waste of good cheese...
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    ooooo... I'm in to hear back about the gastrointestinal experience of trying this recipe.

giphy.gif
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    All this recipe needs now is cauliflower

^ Oh that just made me ill.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

:laugh: Dying laughing at this!
  • kegrip917
    kegrip917 Posts: 14
    Options
    I tried the Shirataki noodles the other night, topped with tomato sauce and grated parmesan. They were not only edible, but satisfying. The trick is to rinse them - twice - and dry them before heating 1-2 min. in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop.

For mac & cheese, I have decided to purchase more of these noodles - 4 carbs per 2/3 cup, 2 servings per pkg. - and use the cheese sauce from the regular mac & cheese box. I just toss out the macaroni that comes in the box and save the cheese sauce envelope. Then I just use butter (no milk, it weakens the flavor for me) and stir until it's all incorporated.

I have yet to try it with these noodles, but will let you know how it turns out. I use Pasta Zero Plus. 4 net carbs is a win-win.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    NO
    HlQpP.gif
  • kegrip917
    kegrip917 Posts: 14
    Options
    Love this!!! :laugh:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Gross... eat real mac and cheese... 642 cals a serving.

I have no idea what kind of recipe this is, but at 642 calories, I think it would be swimming in delicious, delicious cheese. And bacon. That's the kind of mac and cheese I can get behind.
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

LMAO!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    PASS. Every day of the week, I'll pass...........
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    She just deactivated her account... Well done.
    You know, I really am disturbed by this. I, personally, have found great victory and support on MFP. But, it's a shame to see how the OP was attacked over a recipe (which, IMO, didn't actually seem too bad).

Everyone is different, and everyone is on a DIFFERENT weight loss journey. It's funny how some people are just so sure their way is the best and only way, but can't see that they sometimes just go too far.

The bottom line: the OP was a member for over 2 years, and deactivated her account because of the comments that were on this thread. What a shame.
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was done when I saw the mustard :noway:

Most homemade Mac N Cheese recipes call for dry mustard...
    Exactly. :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    You know, I really am disturbed by this. I, personally, have found great victory and support on MFP. But, it's a shame to see how the OP was attacked over a recipe (which, IMO, didn't actually seem too bad).

Everyone is different, and everyone is on a DIFFERENT weight loss journey. It's funny how some people are just so sure their way is the best and only way, but can't see that they sometimes just go too far.

The bottom line: the OP was a member for over 2 years, and deactivated her account because of the comments that were on this thread. What a shame.

I liked the dog gif.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

the recipe was not correct.
    OP argues about how she doesn't log everything here, but is really looking at super low calorie alternatives.
    Someone gives her the link to eating disorders and then she deactivates?

Something tells me that she wasn't being honest with us or herself. If she left, it might be good for her.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options

OP argues about how she doesn't log everything here, but is really looking at super low calorie alternatives.

Something tells me that she wasn't being honest with us or herself. If she left, it might be good for her.

If she has been on MFP for over 2 years then she understands what the forums are like.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

If she has been on MFP for over 2 years then she understands what the forums are like.

She'll be back... with more crappy recipes.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I was done when I saw the mustard :noway:

Most homemade Mac N Cheese recipes call for dry mustard...

I know! Which is why I'm very particular about my mac & cheese recipes. Hate mustard!