42 calorie macaroni and cheese!

Options

Replies

• atkinsshake
    atkinsshake Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible that so many people on here are so critical, her heart was in the right place folks. Someone's delish dish may not be your fav, but come on, where is the support. She deleted herself now. I hope she comes back! We can all be very fragile about our eating habits and weight. :frown:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible that so many people on here are so critical, her heart was in the right place folks. Someone's delish dish may not be your fav, but come on, where is the support. She deleted herself now. I hope she comes back! We can all be very fragile about our eating habits and weight. :frown:

Was it in the right place? Or was there an ED at work?

Well, which was it? How do you know?
    Who does Kafka work for?!
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    the recipe was not correct.
    OP argues about how she doesn't log everything here, but is really looking at super low calorie alternatives.
    Someone gives her the link to eating disorders and then she deactivates?

Something tells me that she wasn't being honest with us or herself. If she left, it might be good for her.
    Actually - you're right - if negative comments/support is all she received here, it probably is good for her.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    As for the noodles--yeah I figured it was probably too good to be true but I just wondered if anyone had tried them/if they were worth trying. Thanks for the replies for people who actually decided to respond to the topic.

They are not worth trying. Save your money and buy real noodles. For real.
  • WadeLam
    Options
    If she has been on MFP for over 2 years then she understands what the forums are like.
    Actually, I don't think that's the case. She only had 20 forum posts.
  • WadeLam
    Options
    She'll be back... with more crappy recipes.
    I hope so. And if she does, maybe you should ignore her posts and make your negative comments on facebook or somewhere else.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    She just deactivated her account... Well done.
    You know, I really am disturbed by this. I, personally, have found great victory and support on MFP. But, it's a shame to see how the OP was attacked over a recipe (which, IMO, didn't actually seem too bad).

Everyone is different, and everyone is on a DIFFERENT weight loss journey. It's funny how some people are just so sure their way is the best and only way, but can't see that they sometimes just go too far.

The bottom line: the OP was a member for over 2 years, and deactivated her account because of the comments that were on this thread. What a shame.

Not a singe person attacked the OP. They pointed out that the recipe is unlikely to be anything but grotesque.

The recipe =/= the OP.

I really wish people could see that difference. It would really cut down on the unnecessary white knighting and inevitable (and equally useless) mean people threads.
  • WadeLam
    Options

Are you genuinely concerned? Or in attack mode? I couldn't tell...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Oh, and...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL3IgpIKFhNnSg2GjFnSIliX6Cu-2q7pP5WTfUkzomhyQUKL4S
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Oh, and...

and
    resized_white-knight-meme-generator-suddenly-a-wild-white-knight-appears-05e041.jpg
  • WadeLam
    Options
    Not a singe person attacked the OP. They pointed out that the recipe is unlikely to be anything but grotesque.

The recipe =/= the OP.

I really wish people could see that difference. It would really cut down on the unnecessary white knighting and inevitable (and equally useless) mean people threads.
    Did you read the entire thread? Someone commented on how low calorie the recipe was and posted a link to eating disorders (unless it was taken down after I flagged it). IMO, that is attacking someone...
  • trogalicious
    Options

The recipe =/= the OP.

Did you read the entire thread? Someone commented on how low calorie the recipe was and posted a link to eating disorders (unless it was taken down after I flagged it). IMO, that is attacking someone...
    did you see how much the OP was eating? They offered her a link if she needed help. Cause, you know, 700 calories a day is healthy.
  • WadeLam
    Options
    did you see how much the OP was eating? They offered her a link if she needed help. Cause, you know, 700 calories a day is healthy.
    She said that she was loaded down with classes and hadn't been logging faithfully each day... It's really not anyone's place to assume that she's lying and hiding an eating disorder. If someone did that to you, would you feel uplifted and supported?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Oh, and...

and
    resized_white-knight-meme-generator-suddenly-a-wild-white-knight-appears-05e041.jpg

And what's wrong with"white knighting"? You should try it . You might actually like the role.. She is trying to lose weight by coming here. Yes, the recipe isn't the best, but put yourself in her shoes and see how you feel. I hope all of us are successful at whatever we do and sincerely hope she returns.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    She said that she was loaded down with classes and hadn't been logging faithfully each day... It's really not anyone's place to assume that she's lying and hiding an eating disorder. If someone did that to you, would you feel uplifted and supported?
    Would've been an easy fix for OP to just close her diary...

especially if she's advocating ultra low calorie replacement recipes with no real nutritional value to them. This wasn't the "help me! support me! uplift me!" forum. It's recipes. Look up there. See that? This isn't looking for support.

She posted a recipe that looked pretty awful and got commentary on that awful recipe. I looked at her profile to try and figure out why someone would be interested in a recipe like that...

and who is to assume that ANYONE on the internet is telling the truth?
  • trogalicious
    Options
    And what's wrong with"white knighting"? You should try it . You might actually like the role.. She is trying to lose weight by coming here. Yes, the recipe isn't the best, but put yourself in her shoes and see how you feel. I hope all of us are successful at whatever we do and sincerely hope she returns.

I've supported plenty of folks in my time here.
    Offered plenty of advice both on the forums and via PM when asked.
    I've had plenty of success and spend my time here as I feel.

....defending users that post awful recipes isn't one of them. Neither is "defend the deactivated person."
  • dbmata
    Options

Are you genuinely concerned? Or in attack mode? I couldn't tell...

Attack mode? ROFL. Teh intarnetz iz seeereeus.

I genuinely hope the OP gets the help she needs.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

I've supported plenty of folks in my time here.
    Offered plenty of advice both on the forums and via PM when asked.
    I've had plenty of success and spend my time here as I feel.

....defending users that post awful recipes isn't one of them. Neither is "defend the deactivated person."

Sometimes the truth hurts.. Deactivated or not, just feel she didn't need all this.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Friends don't let friends white knight.

Giorgio_Tsoukalos_meme_-_therefore_aliens.jpg
  • WadeLam
    Options
    Would've been an easy fix for OP to just close her diary...

especially if she's advocating ultra low calorie replacement recipes with no real nutritional value to them. This wasn't the "help me! support me! uplift me!" forum. It's recipes. Look up there. See that? This isn't looking for support.

She posted a recipe that looked pretty awful and got commentary on that awful recipe. I looked at her profile to try and figure out why someone would be interested in a recipe like that...

and who is to assume that ANYONE on the internet is telling the truth?
    This is my LAST comment on this thread.

#1) I, personally, look for low calorie replacement recipes to help me meet my 500 calorie deficit as well. I don't starve myself, and I don't lose more than the recommended weight-loss each week. AND...I also happen to like tofu shirataki noodles.

#2) I understand which forum she posted in, but ultimately, we SHOULD all be here to support one another in our weight loss journeys - not tear one another down and make useless accusations. Last time I checked, there was NO forum for those particular comments.

#3) A recipe that looks awful to you may not look awful to everyone. I've never understood why someone would bother to even comment how awful a recipe looks. Not your taste? Move on. There's lots of other threads to post on. Like "Looking for Support".

#4) And last - although I strongly disagree with how you feel about this particular thing, I did notice how much weight you've lost and how much success you've had on your journey. Congratulations. I hope you can take your success and find a way to motivate and encourage other people.