WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2014

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pat, reading is a wonderful gift to give anyone. All of my side of the family loves to read, even the blind guy. My husband and his family do not. Well he used to love comic books. My brother used to keep any kind of books magazines, etc in a box in the bathroom. Spent a lot of time in there. My near 8 year DGD's favorite books to read are our old Childcraft books from our old World Book set. She always keeps at least 2 in the car. She also loves to write and illustrate her own books. We all have either a Kindle or Nook and then graduated to tablets with built in ereaders.

Allison, your dreams for your home sound wonderful. If I had money and some one to completely clean my house before and after I would completely remodel my home. We would have to live somewhere else while it is gutted. But it was built in the late 70's and would not sell well or quickly in today's market. Or at least that's what HGTV is telling me. Tiny bathrooms, no open concept, old cabinets, even laminate flooring. As far as your computer issues, your husband should understand one reason you are wanting it to work is so that you can find an appropriate facility for HIS father.

Syvia, so wonderful of you to walk your grandkids to school. You are teaching them something that never can be learned in school. They are learning how to take care of their environment by not using as much gas, learning to pick up after themselves and helping others and the joy of being outdoors. Hopefully others will follow. I know one of the motttos on an HGTV show I watch is that if one person improves their home in a neighborhood it encourages others to thus increasing the overall value of the neighborhood. You are such a neat Grandma, a great mentor.

Well I am over 30,000 points in the lead in my face book game so I am going to slow down a bit. It takes over a person's life.

We also have a rescue kitty. We have an organization here in Evansville called Another chance for animals. They take animals out of the animal control, get them foster care. Once they are in foster care the Another chance can get them the vet care they provide, many of them have parvo, worms, dehydrated, broken bones, burnt, etc. Many of the animals also need resocialization. They let us foster to adopt Melody to see if we liked her, she worked well in our household. We kept her for a month then adopted her. My daughter fostered a dog which was abused and she had to work the most in socializing him and getting him used to humans again, especially men. I knew she would never be able to have some one else adopt him since it took almost a year to get him so that he was a good family pet. By that time he was a brother to her two other dogs, a dog her and her now exhusband bought as a puppy..their true love, a full blooded boxer, and a dog she had gotten from the Humane Society and is now an elderly dog. They have adoption events each weekend at Petsmart.

Joyce, Indiana
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    17,000 + steps I am almost catching up to Barbie...
    well my dad's across the street neighbor came in and asked if I had heard about his accident?:noway:
    well I guess he and his buddy were coming from a job and he wasnt paying attention and ran into some jutted out rocks on the side of the road and blew out his right side tires,luckly he wasnt far from home but rode home on the rims, oh what a mess..
    God Bless that he has such good neighbors,but I dont know how we will pull this off I just dont think he should be driving anymore, my brother feels the same...
    I did put a call into his PCP and hopefully he will contact me, and we can talk him into something, I only work 30 hrs a week, and my son the same so if he needs to go places we can take him..
    blew it tonight over stress and had a few golden oreo's but I digress..
    tomorrow is another day:tongue:
  • kittytoo
    kittytoo Posts: 27
    Options
    Katla

I have an iPhone and the app is called Simply Yoga - 20, 40, and 60 minute workouts. It has a related Pilates app. Kitty
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    Well, here I am on this thread when I should be finishing the project I have for class do today! :blushing: LOL. I'll get it done. I just wanted to post here first.

First of all, I only skimmed the posts because I forgot how fast this thread moved! :noway: I didn't post Friday because I was sick and very busy at work. :sick: I seldom post on weekends so about 8 pages later, it is now Monday!

I worked on trying to fix Alison's WiFi problem but it is definitely the modem. Moving to a new modem through AT&T is painless as they do it all. It won't cost more and since Alison, you are already a client, they will replace it free. It won't mess up your DH's connection, in fact, it will make his work better too! You will only need one piece of equipment if you do this. Oh, well, my DH's can be a b*****d too so if all else fails, hardwire your laptop or use his. Are your phones on the wifi? They should be, it would be cheaper than paying the data charges.... Food for thought. :wink:

I feel pretty good today. Hurt my shoulder somehow but went to the Chiro today and the acupuncture made the pain go away. We decided the arthritis has progressed into my shoulder now. C'est la vie! :sad:

Well, I am sitting on my swing trying to finish this then do school work. But first, must shut dog up who is barking at neighbors! I will never get a Chiuauah (sp?) again!

Rita from CT
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Well I got back to my strength and balance water class today after more than a month. I think I may be sore tomorrow. I have nearly 10000 steps so far today, will make it before bed! Finished reading The Island today. Someone on here recommended it and I took it on vacation with me. Good read.

I lost the two pounds I gained on vacation. Must have been sodium and water weight from eating out so much. Glad that it is gone though. Now I need to concentrate on getting off the sugar again. That sure becomes a habit fast. Way too much cake, pie and cookies while on vacation.

Wishing everyone well. Sue in SD

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello lovely ladies. I had the day off today. Unfortunately, I slept badly last night, so not feeling my chipper self today. Laundry however is not hard to do, and hanging out the laundry is one of my favourate things. It smells so good.

Yesterday DD and kiddies came over here and she was able to have a bit of a break getting a nap in. Today I went over to her house while she went for a massage (finally). It was good timing, because the baby and toddler were having their nap. Lately, toddler decided he does not like me. I think it goes back to when I took him to our house when mom was still pregnant and then of course had the baby when there were a couple of instances he - involuntarily - had to spend some nights at our house. That did not please him at all and I do believe he felt lied to. Ever since, Oma is not his favourate, although Opa is okay. No fair, booo. Anyway, he'll come around again.

I mentioned this on my page, but I am toying with the idea to walk a half marathon in October. I am signing up for the 8k already, but a friend of mine would like a buddy for the 1/2 marathon. I better get cracking on intensifying my walking workouts. I actually prefer bicycle riding, as most of you know. It is easier on my back. But I do love a seemingly impossible goal. I will let you know what I decide.

I picked up the local rec centre fall activity guide. We are so lucky to have a ton of activities and fairly close by too. Although from our house, we have still have to drive there. One of the things I noticed is that they will be offering Saturday morning yoga for those who have limited range of motion, pain or dysfunction. Yay!! I am signing up right away. My spinal arthritis is not bad, but I nonetheless, I enjoyed this yoga and its instructor when it was first introduced last year on a Saturday. And frankly, time, convenience and the right instructor makes a huge difference in sticking with something.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Jazzercise. This instructor is a firecracker, whom I simply adore. I am a low-impact participator and can't wait to get back to it in September. It does look like September is going to be a great new start.

Anne (the hairy one, hahaha:laugh: :laugh: ) I love your posts. You are hilarious.

Rita - that was very nice of you to get Alison's computer problems fixed. I wonder if you could fix her DH too? Speaking of DH's, mine is fine, honestly, he is. But I have no idea where his mind is sometimes. We had our grand babies over on Sunday and he thought his presence would not be - like - appreciated after he is finished volunteering? He got all confused and said "well, doesn't she (i.e. DD) usually leave at 2?" No, she does not, where did you get that idea and can you get your behind home again and stop looking at cars we won't be buying anytime soon anyway? Okay, so he spends about 15 minutes with grand children and they adore him. See? That's what I mean, why on earth would you not get your behind home for that?! Men. :noway: :noway:

Mimi - I've been working on our family tree since 2011 and - in some branches - been able to go back to the 1400s. Our roots go back to Europe (naturally) and I believe we have some interesting characters, although nothing like royalty, for example. I might go for a DNA test one day, but I have no interest so far. Maybe I will be able to spend more time on genealogy when I retire.

Nikita as a name...do I understand that correctly? I love that name. It makes me think of one of our son's dogs (sorry about it being a dog, she was a gorgeous Husky) who was by his side when he was going through the hardest times in his life (the man, not the dog). We have such fond memories of this creature, who was kind, alert, trusting, trustworthy and quick. But I do understand the kind of associations people have with names, good and bad.

I have been checking out Heather and her husband's books on the internet. I think that's awesome. I also checked jb's singing abilities. So talented! I hope to pick up some hidden art form once I retire. I believe it may involve an easel.

Now that my mom has been doing so well, DH and I are thinking we might plan a week vacation to Hawaii soon. Everything has been on hold and it is time we do something for the two of us.

I will be making pork stir-fry tonight. It will have pork (no-kidding, true story) and veggies, such as bok choy, zucchini, pepper, onion, broccoli and there could be more, but that depends on what is in the fridge.

If this is Monday, I believe "Under the Dome" will be on TV. A frustrating, but strangely addicting show.

There we go...I am done writing. Time to attend to the stir-fry.

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I had a somewhat productive day. I organized my shoes, which were pretty much in a pile on the floor of my closet. I organized the closet in the spare bedroom last week and moved a few things in there. DH did two loads of laundry, mopped the kitchen floor, and blew off the driveway and porch. I walked 3 miles and he walked 6. Needless to say, he was more productive than I. I'm still easing into this retirement thing. I did a workshop all day Saturday and had church and/or meetings yesterday from 8:30 to 5:00. I had to rest up from my weekend!

I experimented for supper and made a stir fry with shrimp, zucchini, garlic and lemon juice served over egg noodles with parsley. It was delicious. We also had a side salad with the leftover salad that DH made yesterday for supper.
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I’m here in the Creek (Walnut Creek, that is). The weather is downright chilly. Kim, no wonder you were able to work in the yard. The fog is creating a lot of wind. Brrr. Now I’m missing the warmth in the foothills.:glasses:

I went to Verizon’s class on Smartphones today. Didn’t get a whole lot out of it but did learn something that might be useful to you who have underpowered phones. (Of course, you are probably way ahead of me on this one.) According to the teacher, a common problem is to leave apps open. Closing them cuts down on how much memory is being used.

I was surprised how many apps stay open unless you specifically close them. The procedure for my S5 was to drag my finger down the front (from the top) then click “close” to close any open apps. Next, press the shortcut menu icon (almost at the bottom of the screen, on the right) and close anything that shows up there. Who knew? :tongue:

Katia, I like the sound of “cottage” because that pretty well describes my decorating style. I don’t know if that works when our two places share a wall. Oh well. Your DD’s dog is a dog after my own heart. I loved your story. :happy:

Sylvia, your funny was funny:laugh: . I get a kick out of reading your jokes.

Renny, the toddler’s cold shoulder is a heart breaker:brokenheart: . I hope he decides soon that Oma is really pretty neat:smooched: . I enjoyed every word of your post. You have a way of creating pictures with words.

Mimi
    :heart:

Here are the next 3 Food Rules from Michael Pollan:

AVOID FOOD PRODUCTS CONTAINING INGREDIENTS THAT A THIRD-GRADER CANNOT PRONOUNCE.

AVOID FOOD PRODUCTS THAT MAKE HEALTH CLAIMS.

AVOID FOOD PRODUCTS WITH THE WORDOID “LITE” OR THE TERMS “LOW-FAT” OR “NONFAT” IN THEIR NAMES.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did about 20 minutes of yoga today, held my plank for 2 min 30 sec, and then took the extremepump class. Another gal was teaching today. She's good, but when she teaches I have to put my earplugs in! I just don't find real loud music to be motivating. To me, it is demotivating. And to have her screaming in my ear! Well, some people find it very motivating, and that's fine. I do like the fact that she shuts off the fan when we're cooling down. The last thing you need when you are all sweaty and are cooling down is to have air blowing on you.

Tomorrow I'm planning to do a workout on the treadmill. Not sure which one I'll do, but I know that it'll be something where you are running, then walking. Then on to volunteering at the Green Room

At noon there is an organizational meeting at the other bowling alley.

Kim - sounds like your front yard is absolutely gorgeous. After all that work, I know how wonderful a shower feels!

Remember I told you about the kitten who came up to us yesterday? Well, Vince checked the food, there wasn't much but he said there were a lot of ants so he moved the food bowl to the one of the steps. Then he said to me "I know this sounds morbid but while I was at the pool (here I'm thinking "what's morbid about the pool?") He was looking in the pool hoping not to find a drowned cat!

Cynthia - we're here for you, you can always count on us

Gloria - so happy that the job is working out for you

katla - our Humane Society is a no kill place. So far today I haven't seen the kitten. Hope he went back home. One of our cats, the biggest one Loki, has this idea that if he can't see you, then you can't see him. He's so big that when he goes behind a box, you can usually see his backside. And he sticks out of the kitty condo. But he still feels that if he can't see me, then I can't see him!

Went to exercise, came home, then went to the organizational meeting for the bowling at the new place and played 3 games. I thought for sure we should play so that the others on our team could see how well (or in my case poor) we did. But the only other person there on my team is on the Wednesday senior league. We started bowling a little before 1 and were out by 2:30. That's a time I can live with.

Then home to get dinner ready. Mahjongg tonight.

Joyce - Vince keeps "uncle Johns Bathroom Reader" books in the bathroom. You really learn a lot of interesting things in them.

Alison - you have so much on your plate!

Rita - glad you got some relief from the chiro

Sue in SD - congrats on losing those pounds

Renny - I know you'll make the right choice. How that toddler must hurt! But he'll get over it and soon Oma will be AOK

Originally I wanted to name Bryan Kyle. Vince didn't want me to name him that because it reminded him of Kyle Petty. You're right, sometimes a name brings to mind a memory.

Got home from mahjongg late. I really wanted to leave earlier but two other gals were blocking me in. That's one of the problems, the parking isn't good.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have been playing with my new phone a lot but still my primary use is listening to music and podcasts while I walk the dogs. Since I walk the dogs three to four hours most days, that's a lot of phone use. i have and 8G memory card in my phone that stores the mp3 files and photos. I don't know how much I'll use apps on the phone except that I downloaded the MFP app because MFP is one of my best friends. One thing I love about the phone is that I can use my own favorite songs for ringtones without having to buy them like I did with the other phone.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: Jake will be home from house sitting tomorrow and I will be so happy to have him here again.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington

:bigsmile: 18,000 steps today----2 minute plank

1000279iggf9jwfep.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    We used to have a dear family dog named Buddy. He was a beautiful shelty that had the exact markings as Lassie. We got him when the girls were little and we had ot put him down when our oldest was married and the younger one was home after her failed one year at college. So we had him a long time. Oh how he hated his baths. Michelle, the youngest daughter was the only one who could do things like medical treatments, take medicine and give him a bath. At that point, all of us took showers so when heard the bath water being drawn, he knew that was for him. One of the things he loved to do was to crawl up on Charlies lap and hide his nose in Charlies arm pit. The same concept, if I can't see you then we can't see him. But he knew in the end that Michelle would win. She would just say a very firm Buddy and point her finger to the bathroom and he would eventually go slowly down the hall with his tail hanging low. But he loved the hair dryer after wards and the combing. Of course we had to comb him outside. Oh the fur balls that would fly. I don't think they ever stopped. When she moved out we started taking him to Petsmart for their grooming and they are the ones who discovered his tumors. One day they called us to let us know we needed to talk to the one who gave him a bath. His tumors had really grown. We had noticed a big change in his activity and eating habits. We took him to the vet and he was put to sleep the next day. He was wonderful member of our family. He was the runt of the litter and no one wanted him.

Joyce, Indiana
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    Yanniejannie

I love the food in the Amish country. Not very surprising as the people there originally came from that part of the world where I grew up. They sell a spic y pepper jelly there, I am always trying to find.

I also loved the Amish quilts. They make really beautiful quilts which actually look quite modern. I just could not figure out how to integrate one in my house, other wise I would have bought one.

Kitty

I have no idea where Palm Gardens is. I will never forget my first visit to Arizona many years back. After a long day of driving we decided to stay overnight in a town called Sun City. When we arrived the restaurants were already closed and we had to go to bed hungry. Subsequently we got up very early in the morning and stormed the breakfast place across the street. We were new to the country and the American habit of going out for breakfast was still very fascinating. But this time we were even more fascinated because we were the youngest people in the place. We were in our thirties. Everybody else had gray hair and instead of cars the parking lot was filled with golf carts. Then we found out that this was one of these retirement communities where you had to be at least 55 to buy a house. We thought that this was so interesting that we stayed another day and took a lot of pictures and interviewed people and wrote an article about it.
    Yeah, with the date palm I do not think I have the space. As I eat a lot of avocados , an avocado tree should have sprouted already. But no such luck. I know that most Avocado trees in California grew close to the ocean.

Joyce

Sorry to hear that you have thyroid problems. I am cold when I am very thin, maybe that is why I want so desperately get down to my lowest ideal weight.....

grandmallie

There are a few tour operators in the States, who organize bus tours and F.I.T.s for people visiting from outside the US. Mainly tourists from the U.K, Holland, Germany, France, Italy and Australia, but they can be from any other country too. (But I do not speak Chinese or Japanese).
    So there are tours ( two or three weeks long) covering the whole of the US with emphasis on National Parks and tourist attractions. Canada and a little bit of Mexico is also included and of course all major cities like New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Miami, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit , Nashville, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charleston, Charlotte, Savannah, Orlando , Denver, Memphis, San Antonio , St. Louis, Tulsa, Tampa and everything in-between. I had worked in tourism in Europe before and after my divorce I did not know very much of the States, just the Southwest states and New York and. when I saw an ad in the paper that they were looking for people who spoke several languages and liked to travel I applied and was hired. The first years I worked as a tour guide and got to know all the different tours offered.

I was especially fond of the National Parks and did a lot of tours to Yosemite, Redwood National Park, Mount Rainier, Jasper , Banff, Glacier National Park. Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon and all the other beautiful parks on the West side.

Later I ventured out to the East side and enjoyed the Everglades, Great Smoky Mountains, Williamsburg, Washington D.C, Gettysburg, Niagara Falls, and then crossing over to Badlands and Mount Rushmore.

As I always loved to explore new places, I was hired later to scout out new routes.

So wherever you are, I have been there.

Oma Renny

Your toddler grandchild probably thinks that every time he has to stay with you he will come home to a new addition in the family, taking the attention away from him.

I did not know that you can walk marathons. I never liked running, even when I was young. But I like walking or hiking if it is not too hot, so I have to look into participating in a marathon.
    I want so badly to participate in a half Ironman. I have no problems with the biking and swimming part , but I cannot get myself to train for running.

For a change I am tired, so I am going to stop now.

Sorry, if I forgot somebody. I am getting old

Anne, in the hot desert
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Woke to very heavy frost but sunny, so washed clothes and put on line to dry, Woke with a really bad cold and headache and took Lemsip with honey, NO training today just walking.
    Grocery shopping day and all put away and banking checked
    Decided to eat more vegetarian and our Woolworths stocks McCartnet vegtarian pie, so bought 2 lots, one for lunch tomorrow as Stan going fly fishing again. Me I am doing gardening. Daffodils, hyacinths, snowdrops and crocus flowering now
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • grandmallie
    Options
    good morning all,
    slept pretty well last night(amazing)and got up at 3...
    have to work at 9:30 this morning.. so will get to the gym today and get my tushy in gear,, had my warm lemon water and now having a cup of tea,, and icing my heel.. it held up after 17,000 steps ,but I ice it for precautions and wear my boot at night.
    I did speak with my dad last night and he sort of brushed it off with the car..
    I know how it would be to give up his independence,so right now I just have a call into his PCP and maybe when he goes to see him next time, the subject can be brought up.
    My husband is ticked at me because I go behind my fathers back and try and meddle.. I am trying to do this so he is safe,believe me ,I have enough on my plate ,this just adds to it.. but my dad and his are all we have left for parents
    I really enjoyed my walk yesterday ,maybe I will do some stretching and resistance training here and then walk again, and mix it up a little bit, the cool mornings I just love
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Alison: hope you will be careful with your heel and hope that no surgery will be necessary. I know how it is to have pain with every step. And stick up for yourself with the WiFi!

Pat in OH: I’m grateful for reading, too. My parents taught me to read before I went to kindergarten (no, they weren’t pushy; apparently I picked it up easily). Once in a while I consider volunteering to help adults learn to read; reading is so important. (BTW, one of the other things I’m eternally thankful for is the touch typing I learned in high school.)

Sylvia: thanks so much for the link about walking to school in Lakewood. I have family there.

Gloria: congrats on the job! PT – you’re a physical therapist?

Jane: any news on the house front? :flowerforyou:

Katla: my dog is largely blind because of congenital defects. He may see about 25% with one eye; the other is blind. It has cost me many a tear, but for him, it’s just the way life is. I try to accept it. We’re a good team as well. He’s off lead most of the time and I look out for him. We have special words for when there’s an unexpected obstacle (like a bike that’s not usually there) and for when there’s something weird with the ground (something lying there, or a big crack in the pavement or whatever). Funny about the food sneaking!

Rita! Glad to see you. Hope you’re doing OK.

Rescue kitties: the cat I had to have put to sleep in May was from a shelter. I am still having some “trouble” missing him. I just last night cleaned out his litter box (there was only a bit of pee in there). Still have to put away the cushions etc. where he slept at night; haven’t been able to get myself to do that. :brokenheart:

Tomato jam: I had some recently and it was delicious! I think there were a few skins in there, but I don’t remember for sure.

Working on a knotty genealogical problem. I’ve discovered that the process can be slowed by the fact that people “back then” played kind of fast and loose with spelling but also even with the names themselves. Also, people who provide metadata for documents can make mistakes. I found my father’s birth certificate by chance, because the person who processed it for the internet read two letters wrong and filed him under a different middle name. If anyone’s looking to kill a lot of time, I recommend genealogical research. :bigsmile:

Speaking of which; any of you ladies near Abilene, Texas?

The window replacing has been postponed for three weeks because the manufacturer is late getting orders out. So meanwhile we will have the kitchen fixed up a little (pvc laminate on the floor; will actually look pretty good) and a new drawer thing on the wall opposite the counter. Also, one of the rooms my guy will occupy will be stripped of old wallpaper and painted. We have great handy guys who are happy to take on all kinds of jobs and are happy to plan smaller ones in when they have time between big ones.

Taking a friend of mine to make her appointment for an eyelid correction. I had one at the same clinic two years ago and she wants me there for support.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    Options
    ok I am back, no gym, If I just get myself up and going and go straight there it is alright.. but did get the DH dinner made, and his lunch for tomorrow, have to get my lunch made for today too.
    As I was in the kitchen,I was thinking to myself.. are we the last generation to actually cook for our spouses?
    Now a days its all about eating out, or premade this and that.. granted I use extra help now and then, but we go out to dinner on Saterday nights only, I make our lunches and dinners, so right there we are saving money...

Rita~ dont think AT& T will do any of that for free, we cut out all extra's and pay like 10.00 a month for bare basic.. and what ever the internet is hence the slow service.. yes our phones use the wifi,and his computer works fine, he is just bit--ing because he would have to spend money on a modem and probably another router...right now im hardwired and I have to sit in his office to do so, so when he gets sick of me sitting here than maybe he will do something...
    stopped at this little roadside organic place that is on a cart at the end of a driveway between my DSIL and my DFIL, bought myself some heirloom tomatoes and a few summer /zuchhini, trying to figure out what to do with them... will look up a recipe to maybe stuff them..
    I am craving some egg salad so I think I will make some of that for lunch to go over a salad, and have some chopped tomatoes..
    I am doing ok except for a few bad days with sugar, I dont use anything except a 1/2 packet of truvia in my tea. and dont by anything with something I cant pronounce in it..
    my little Suzies thins are really a nice little treat,under 100 calories and you get the crunchy and the creamy without alot of extra junk..
    eating, apples, a few bananas raseberries, and have some fresh strawberries and blueberries frozen so they dont go bad...
    well I best be getting a move on ,instead of sitting my butt in front of the computer :laugh:
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Gloria: congrats on the job! PT – you’re a physical therapist?

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:

Oh no. I'm a lot of things but "physical therapist" is not one of them. PT = part time :smile:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Well shoulder is still sore but not too bad. Skipped gym and am now at work. As you can tell, I am not really into it today! I need to get moving. "Big boss" in today so need to at least look busy! LOL

Catch up later.

Rita from CT
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Sometime Sunday afternoon I remembered that the SO and I are going to Philadelphia for 5 days and leaving on Friday so life is a little hectic.:huh: I am looking forward to the trip. I’ll be attending a conference for work, the SO is just tagging along. So I’ll be working extra hours this week as I won’t be returning to the office until September 2nd.

Anne: Neighbors can really be something else. Our neighborhood was relatively quiet until a few months ago. Then we had some young people move in behind us and we have loathed their language,:sad: enjoy their music most of the time (I think another neighbor called the police so they don't play after 11 pm) and wished for them to move. We are thankful they do not live beside us. Last week the neighbors beside us decided to keep chickens. Words cannot describe my amazement watching a huge rooster marching across my front lawn. Storm continues to have fits of barking at 6 am trying to get to the chickens.

Yanniejannie: Sounds like a great trip. Sorry about the cold.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Fresh from the garden sliced tomatoes with sugar brings memories of childhood Summers.:happy:

Tere in RVA