WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2014

Options

Replies

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Just home from IHOP..........couldn't stand being trapped here in the house any longer, so joined friends and coughed my way (I am not contagious at this juncture) through the usual Saturday get together after tai chi and yoga.........sadly, no exercise for me yet, between my lower back pain (which I screwed up yet again with the violent coughing) and the coughing itself. All this is getting extremely tedious...........wouldn't wish this asthmatic bronchitis crap on my worst enemy. And, as I have said before, I am a VERY imaptient patient!!!!!

Katla...............Safe trip and hope the birth goes smoothly..........bet you can't wait to meet the new addition!

Vicki.............Sorry about the motorcycle; but a car will get you there.........anyway, have fun!!!

Heather................Oh, look at you go!!!! Dance on!!!! Your absolute joy in the moment is very evident!!!

Michele..........I did read back and then when I re-read it, remembered the mention of Vince's tachy episode; has this happened before? Best to him; he seems like a real sweetheart when you write about him. When I worked, I never worked a cardiology unit and, in the 20+yrs. that I haven't worked, a lot of things have changed.

Cynthia.............Hope your dog is recovering.........it's soooooo hard when they can't speak and understand us. Related your skid driving lesson suggestion to a friend with a DH who races his souped up Mustang at a track this am at IHOP and she was all for me doing just that!! Not at the moment with this back, but, maybe someday! Her Mother's Day "gift" from her DH this year was being the passenger as he was doing his "thing"----I'm not sure if it was qualifying or exactly what, but it did involve him on the track and driving really fast
    and she was dreading it, the weather co-operated and she never did have to do it...........

MA..........Great that you found your lost fitbit! I swear I feel a bit cooler when I look at the snow in your pic..........

Christine...........A big night out is 10:30?????..............sounds like me, LOL! Haven't been to a fair for ages.

Shani............I wanna go for a dip in a pool in Cyprus too! Lovely!

Meg.........I think your text reply was perfect!

Nothing much on the agenda for the rest of today; tomorrow DD and I have a party with our international folkdance group; must make something to take with. We don't dance weekly in the summer; just have a party every month. Last month was cancelled due to a sudden illness of the host so doubly looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Hi and happy Sat. to everyone I didn't mention

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic..........hazy, humid, hot........watching, once again, to see what that new storm in the Carribean is going to do......
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

I am taking a rest day today. Later Hubby and I will go to church and then to dinner. Our church has services on Saturday and Sunday so we can go either day. We have been talking about getting another dog and have taken the first step by contacting the Maltese rescue group. I will keep you posted. I will post a photo of the three pugs we had on my profile page. We just have one old girl left now, she's the one in the middle. I don't think she will care if she has another little brother.

I've skimmed the posts but didn't make notes today. Welcome all new ladies and hugs to all!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Cindy in OK
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies

This Summer has gone by so quickly. We had a wonderful time with both our kids home most of the Summer. My Gator (UF) is now returned to school her 4th year. Our son has now returned to school where he is enrolled in trade Refrigeration and ACand Heating.

Our garden is still producing with fresh veggies into Fall.

Have really neglected my goals. So pushing restart button. It is really very hot here in September so I will hopefully make 100mi goal for the month walking. October I hope to be back in shape to walk/run and train for a 8k.

Everyone stay well and avoid those injuries :smile:

Patsy
    Lutz Fl
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.
    Very humid-feels like 92.
    Gonna work on some cards and stay in doors.
    HUGS
    jane
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    just a quick stop, as we will be leaving in a little bit to meet our friends for pizza..
    went out to see DFIL and he is a little weepy today..
    Christine~ both Rita and I are in Ct. what part are you from?
    well I will check in later this evening, have my grocery list ready to go, so will be up with the birds to do that...
    check in with you all later:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Got over 6000 steps in so far today and eating lightly this morning and afternoon because today is our 45th wedding anniversary and we are going out with friends tonight to celebrate. I am sure I will be over for calories today but hopefully not too much.

We are getting rain today although not as much as Meg.

Vicki - Sorry motorcycle will not be fixed but have fun anyway.

Michele - Glad DH is doing well with his eyes. My hubby sees eye doctor on Tuesday and they are talking about surgery. He has glaucoma due to diabetes.

Healing angels to those who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD

Don't let bad moments overwhelm you; be patient and they will pass.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Just jumping back in to wish you a happy journey Vicki!:flowerforyou: Once you've got started you will love it. I'm always in a state before I go anywhere and I go away a lot. I just know I'll love it once I'm underway. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    We'll be thinking of you.:heart:
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    Hello, everybody slim, fit and healthy or on their way to it

I was struggling with insomnia again which turns me into a miserable person.

I tried to read the posts..

Just a few thoughts to things which stuck to my fading memory

Kitty

I was going to ask you where the hell you are sailing in Phoenix, but you solved the mystery. Are you planning to sail to South Africa? I used to sail years ago, but did not have much opportunity lately. It is certainly good exercise and if there will be another life for me I will make sailing a big part of it. A female friend of mine has a boat this size in LA and she lived on it for some time. And happy Birthday to you. May the next year bring you all you wish for.

On a not so happy note. My mother suffered from dementia in her final years. It was not easy at all. And your father may underestimate what he is facing. I am scared to death that I am heading the same way and unfortunately they still have not figured out what causes it and how to prevent it, let alone cure it. It looks like we women are the ones who mostly get it. Scary, scary, scary.

Sylvia

It must be over ten years ago that I started picking up plastic bottles along the road side while biking.

Where I grew up nobody littered. I cannot stand it. Now I make sculptures out of discarded plastic bottles. I went to some of the schools nearby and tried to convince the art teachers to get their kids to do the same and at the same time teach them not to throw their plastic bottles into the streets. Because this is where I find a lot of the bottles. But I was met by complete disinterest.

Later I extended my trash gathering to glass bottles. Plenty of those too. I build glass walls with them and use them in my mosaics.

Heather

I realized that I had read “Tulip Fever” a few years ago. It stayed with me because of the historical fact that tulip bulbs became so valuable and were traded like diamonds.
    Now I am looking forward to read one of your books.

Katia

I love Oregon. But I have only been a visitor to Oregon. I have never lived there. So I do not know if I would be happier to live there than in the oven I live in now. Of course in winter I complain about the cold and the wind here. In a way California had a pretty ideal climate. I guess this is why so many people live there.

I think you mentioned that the skin gets better if you do not yoyo anymore. That is what I thought too, the only problem is that I seem to succumb to comfort eating when I am down. I have to find a way not to do that again.

Monika

I have not welcomed you yet here. I am so glad to see a Landsmaennin posting. It looks like we are both world travelers. Only a few months ago I found Remifemin a pill for menopause relief. Now I should be way past menopause but I still had hot flashes and other symptoms and was never able to find something which helped me. The Remifemin took care of the hot flashes. They sell it at Amazon cheapest.

About Woody Allen

Some of you wrote that they would never watch a Woody Allen movie. I guess, this is because of his preference for younger women. Well, he is certainly not alone.
    Of course as an old woman myself, I am frustrated by the fact that no man my age is even remotely interested in me.

But to be fair, I have to say that I was never attracted to old men either. Not when I was young nor later. I guess you have to grow old together to tolerate each other with all your age-related short comings.

And we women worship young women too. Why else would we buy all that stuff which is sold to us by
    teenage models like make up, clothes, accessories, actually nearly everything is sold by very young women to us. I also find it highly ironic that so many fashion designers are gay. So we are trying to look like an underdeveloped teenager dressed by a homosexual?

The only ads I ever see where they use older women are really depressing. it always has to do with life insurance for funerals, leaking problems, or some other rather unpleasant occurrences related to old age.

Many of us try so desperately to stay young , while we seem to accept readily that men our age can have a considerable beer belly, gray hair, are out of shape physically and eat themselves happily into a heart attack or drink until their liver bursts..
    If there would be such a bombardment of ads telling men that practically no part of their body is acceptable as there are for women, they would be miserable too.

Stepping down from my soapbox for today and wishing you all a great weekend

Anne, in the not so hot Mojave desert
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :happy: Happy Saturday, lovely ladies. I acknowledge that I have not had a chance to read a single one of anyone's post, but I feel the need to post regardless.

DH and I went for another bike ride again today. We extended it a bit to 25 km instead of 20. We also stepped up our speed. It was a lovely day and amazing weather to ride. We are talking about doing this more often once we retire. That is about 2 years away.

I was watching a YouTube video today about a 90 year old lady - JeanVeloz - still doing the swing dancing. How awesome. It makes me want to remain active.

We had some shocking news yesterday that my DH's youngest sister was seriously injured in a fall, about 3-4 meters down. She was helping someone move from a second floor and misstepped. She has broken ribs, serious concussion and what appears to be a small skull fracture. We are awaiting further news.

My mom seems fine these days, and DH and I are actually contemplating to take a week vacation.

I babysat out 1 yr old granddaughter Thursday night. Oh my, she is walking now, and attempting to talk. What a little gogetter she is. Good eater too. I gave her a bath and then her routine is to get her pacifier and blankie and watch a little cartoon. so, she snuggled up beside me while her mommy and daddy cleaned up the house. Then her mommy gives her a final nursing, then she says goodnight and then daddy (my son) puts her in bed. Can she get any cuter? No way.

So the son and DIL I was just talking about went to see some housing that they have been on the waiting list for. They love it, so perhaps our vacation will be helping them move October 1. But we are so happy for them.

I had a hair appointment today, and it was high time. So happy with my fresh hair cut. It had been 6+ weeks, and that appears to be too long between cuts. Therefore, I made an appointment for 5 weeks instead. I adore my hairdresser I currently have, and I hope she stays in business as long as I live!! So there. What is it anyway about hairdressers that makes us anxious? I absolutely hate it when I get a bad haircut. It's such a personal thing. At least to me.

On the subject of my little 3 year old grandson, who appears to want nothing to do with me. Apparently I am not the only one who is getting snubbed. Everyone else in his world is too. ALL he wants is his mommy. I am pretty sure - hell yes, I am sure - that is because his little brother came into the world 2 months ago. Quite a natural reaction. Of course.

I seem to be rambling, once again. I told a coworker about mfp, so she may join our forum.

I notice that our rosebush is starting its second spurt of blooms. I adore roses. DH had to build chickenwire around it to keep it safe from deer. We also have the sneaky suspicion that the deer are eating our apples. And rats may be eating our peaches. Raccoons previously raided our plum trees. We are trying to rescue as much fruit as possible. We are getting a really good crop of beans and zucchini though, and I think we will not be lacking any tomatoes either.

Since I moved to a different cubicle at work this past week, I took some personal items home, that I had collected over time. Some of those will be donated to goodwill or Sally Ann. One item still at work is a limited print by wildlife artist Al Agnew. I found it in a second hand store and purchased it for $10. It was signed by him. I surely am a fan. Google him and you will know why.

I've been chatting too long. On the other hand I find that when we do that, so now and then, others get a glimpse of who we are.

ttyl
    Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC

PS...We need new tires on my car before winter.
    PS again...I appreciate hearing about the "Innocent Project"
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Jari Love's Extremely Ripped 1000 DVD. Tomorrow I'm planning to ride on our recumbant bike

Joyce - I understand how sometimes you need to skim the posts, sometimes I have to also. I was just surprised that NO ONE mentioned it. Anyway, he had an attack of tachacardia. This time it lasted VERY long. He has had them about maybe once/year lasting for about 5 minutes (I seem to remember one episode lasting 45 minutes, but never longer than that). This time it lasted 3 HOURS. They finally gave him denizene (?sp). I never knew that there was a drug that would bring the heartrate down! It was amazing to watch how his rate went from the high 140's to the low 80's. Honestly, this was scary. You could see at times that the heart was trying to convert but it couldn't. Every once in a while his heartrate would go down into the 80's but then it would go back up to the 140's.

Went to the farmer's market then came home, had breakfast, made some sweet potato muffins and now I'm trying out this recipe for "double chocolate bread pudding". I hope Vince likes it, he likes anything chocolate. After making that I went out in the pool, then stopped at the Humane Society then church then home for dinner then sat out by the pool.

Diane in TX - happy birthday to your dh (even if he has problems with directions!). Never heard of Zumba gold. I'm going to check it out. I don't like all the twisting on the knee, either. Yes, it WAS pretty scary about Vince. His heartrate elevated that much for three straight hours! I get my heartrate up to that level when I'm exercising, but I certainly don't maintain it for three hours! When they gave him the drug, you should have seen all the people who were in the room! Doctors, nurses, I couldn't see his face there were so many people. He did read on the internet that, yes, it can only be given in the hospital because if something goes wrong you absolutely need the right equipment there. The doc warned him before they injected the drug that it would feel like his heart stopped. Well, the fact is...it DOES stop. Just for a second, tho. Now he wants to look it up to see why his heart wouldn't convert. He is doing better now. He was so glad that it didn't interfer with his second eye surgery. He was afraid that if they kept him in the hospital, that he would have to postpone the surgery. When we got home, he was just tired. That's normal. Never heard of uncolor. There's a Sally's Beauty Supply Place by me, I'll have to ask them about it

Lesley - one of the things that bothered me about training people was the fact that I'd tell them how to do something, explain that they can and would get hurt if they continued the way they were and as soon as I'd turn my back, they went right back to the way they did it incorrectly.

katla - even if you aren't able to check in regularly, you absolutely must post when the baby is born. Everyone else, if you see it, please be sure to post here that the baby was born. Sometimes I might not log in for a time and before I know I can't see that post. Safe travels!

Cynthia - trust me, I know that you can eat frozen cookies. Frozen chocolate chip...now that's good. I've made these seven layer bars that are good frozen, too. Am I bad or what?

Sylvia - what a great unexpected surprise getting that doggie door

DeeDee - I hope I get a renewal for my license. Seems for some reason Vince didn't, don't know why

MA - good for you joining the gym!

Vicki - I wanted to see "Gods not Dead" but I know Vince wouldn't and I couldn't think of anyone else who would go with me.

Christine - good choices at the fair

Jan - sending good vibes your way that you feel better soon. Yes, Vince has had tachacardia before. He has Wolfe-Parkinson-White syndrome. He went for an ablation in 2009 (I think that's when it was) but every time they touched his heart, he went into a-fib. Finally, the doc just called off the procedure.

Cindy in OK - I'll be leaving in a little bit to go to the Humane Society and then to church. Thanks for reminding me that I needed to fill out my donation envelope. See, a friend gave me these really nice cloth pics of dogs. Her mother passed away so she asked me to donate them to the Humane Society. A new dog -- how exciting!

Patsy - good luck on your run/walk! When is it?

Sue in SD - happy anniversary!

katla - so sorry to hear about dh's sister. Prayers being sent for her. So does this mean that son and DIL definitely got the house? Wonderful! Hope your coworker joins us.

After dinner went and sat by the pool. It was so warm I put my feet in the spa. The pool temp is 87!

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    Michele sorry you and Vince had to go through that. The person who is going through the illness needs the most prayers. I do believe the loved ones need an extra hug too because watching a loved in pain is stressful too. So much attention is given to the ill person those who take care of them are sometimes forgotten. It is O.K. to take extra care of you and to say NO to extra demands.Only you know your limits. I also think sometimes after the trauma care needs to be taken too. I said it before it can be like a pressure cooker and now the pressure comes off there is still all that pressure that built up in the pressure cooker. That energy needs to go somewhere. Hopefully by taking care of you it can be let off slowly and in healthy ways. Hugs!

:heart: MNMargaret
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Anne, that is very interesting that you have made use of recycling the water and glass bottles. Do you use colored glass bottles like in beer bottles? It's terrible the school wasn't interested in taking that on as a project

Renny, your little grand child sounds adorable. What a wonderful memory to be able to store in your memory bank. I hope that Meg can have moments like that

Michelle, thanks for retelling us about Vince. I apologize about not getting it earlier. But WOW, what an experience for the both of you. From what I can remember back in my cardiac training days WPW is nothing to take nonchantantly. I is a serious matter. I don't know if they have better control over it now or not. I just remember that it is not common at all. I don't remember any kind of ablation but at that time I had my training they weren't doing ablations at all. I have never heard of that drug either. I am glad it is to be used in the hospital only. Your experience reminds me of when Charlie had his heart attack last year. Lots of people in that small ER room and then they practically ran him to the cath lab. Him and I were both very scared. One thing it did do was to help us be closer. The look on his face as they were having him sign all the paper work for the Cath I could tell he was terrified. He couldn't take his eyes off me. But I couldn't do a thing for him.

Sylvia, wonderful deal with that doggie door!

Speaking of hubbie, I picked up bunch of reorders at Sams pharmacy tonight. One of his medicines has always been $45 and it was $111. That's a big jump. I figured it was probably his Effient and he was now in the donut hole on his Medicare D. Maybe this will encourage him to stick to his diet a little more. He has a lot of money to spend in this donut hole before he gets to the next phase, the catastrophic period. With my MS medicine, I am in and out of the donut hole in March. I know that there is drug company assistance programs for the Effient, and my MS meds but you can't be on Medicare. at least not on the Effient. We make to much money a month for me to qualify for any assistance. Plus we paid off out mortgage about 10 years ago and have very little debt, just car payment.

My daughter found a FitBit at the dog park. She would have to buy the accessory kit in order to use it since she doesn't have a charger or the weird sounding thing that slips my mind right now you have in the USB port of your computer for it to sync. Well, she doesn't even have a computer, she just has a Samsung tablet she uses as a computer. She left a note at the dog park and when she goes there once a week she makes sure she takes it with her. She knows how important it is to me and how much they cost. It is quite dead now since she has had it for 3 weeks. I told her she could charge it at my house but she didn't want to.

It is HOT here. Right now it is 80* at almost 11 PM but he had a high of 107 heat index. Tomorrow will be the same. Last night we had a beautiful electrical storm. No rain just the lightning. Yeah, I'm weird, I love Mother Natures beauty like that.

Joyce, Indiana
  • kittytoo
    kittytoo Posts: 27
    Options
    Heather -

I kept searching and found someone who had conveniently translated the recipe into American for me. :bigsmile:

Anne -

We will not sail Shalom to SA - she's a day sailer. She was on hard stand when H. Katrina hit, and delaminated a big hole in her side. DH bought and fixed her up as a project before we got married. If you like sailing, let me know if you plan to go to San Diego - we love to take people out with us. Especially ones who know how to sail.

DH bought me a Village Inn carrot cake for my birthday. One slice is 938 calories - almost my whole day's calorie allotment. But boy! Was it good!

Kitty
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday and we went for a drive out. Raining so NO doggy walk, shame. Calories are OK at 2024 for my re-freed day, that is OK.
    Felling better although coughed all night, grr. Back to training tomorrow again, I missed it, yup after 1 week of rest I missed training.
    I just do NOT understand some women in gyms. You tell them how to do something properly and the way they do it will hurt themselves. Ah weel over it and train ONLY at home these days.
    We are lucky that we have rain water here, but I still put it through Brita jug and keep in fridge
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • JennInTx
    JennInTx Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's been quite some time since I participated in this group or MFP. Glad to see it is still going strong. Want to give this one more try. Been a long, difficult year. Lots of disappointments, lots of heart breaking moments. But I want to attempt to move forward, so here I am. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. It's already hot and humid in Dallas, but it didn't stop me from taking Moose (my chocolate lab) for a walk.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    sorry i didnt check in last night, when we got home from pizza ,I said the heck with it and went to Walmart and grocery shopped,got home and put it away, then ran up to a friends house, My best girlfriend growing up was at her DB and SIL house, with her hubby, daughter and grandson,they live in North Carolina and were up for a wedding, so I got to spend about 1/2 hr with them..
    between,her,our friend Lori,and her daughter Lindsey, we have lost 137 lbs all together.. which is awesome:bigsmile:
    Found out from my friend Lori that they have a water arobic;s class twice a week from 7-8 pm at the middle school in the next town over and it is is only 50.00 for 6 months, it started july 1st, but am going to call monday and see if I can still join.. that would be alot better on my heel, and its cheap!!!1
    got up early and started baking up a storm...
    made the DH Bob Evan's Cherry nut bread, carrot cake, and found a no bake lemon meringue pie mix for my DFIL, I made those in muffin pans so that they are individual and he can have a small something every once in awhile..
    DH is out washing the cars, and then we will go see DFIL,
    my dad is still miffed at me about calling him out on his driving, so I will let that slide for a little bit, but hopefully making him think...
    well I am off to get some more stuff done,will check in later:drinker: :flowerforyou: .
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    just a quick note (I have weekend company and not much time) but at my house we felt the earthquake I am located about 50 miles south of it. But no damage or injuries in my area. It felt like the bed was on rollers and was rocking. The rocking/rolling feeling lasted 1-2 minutes... My house guests slept through it. I have checked with friends in the area, and at this point a couple of friends with house damage, but not so bad they will be evacuated, and no injuries except rattled nerves. Quake struck at 3:21am, and it is now 8:28 am so it is light and folks can begin to really figure out the damage.

Mimi's folks (and I think she is with them) are about 40 miles south of the quake center, so hoping they are ok too.... the news has not had any thing about damage in their area...

I'm sorry to not have caught up on everyones stuff for a couple of days, but house guests :laugh: keep you busy! They leave early afternoon and I'll be back on to catch up.

Kim in rocking N. California
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Michele, I'm so sorry to hear about Vince's scary episode. Yes, I totally missed it before.

I'm busy getting ready for the granddaughter's birthday party this afternoon. It's just family plus one little friend of hers from Girl Scouts. I wrapped her new little tablet and a bright red case I got to put it in. My son charged it up and installed the extra memory card and loaded a bunch of games and some books to read, plus a parental control app. He said it is surprisingly nice for the price and he thinks she will love it.

So now I'm baking the cake. I could only find one round pan, so I'm doing one layer at a time. She wanted chocolate with fudge filling, which is pretty easy. I'm going to ice it in chocolate icing and put rainbow sprinkles on it. Hubby picked out the candles. That was his big contribution to the project. By the way, when did cake mixes get so small? One mix just barely filled a 9" pan. Everything is shrinking these days except the prices. I haven't even made a cake in years. The last one I made was for my son's first wedding, and that was 10 years ago.

Yesterday I took the other two shopping. It was hard to get them focused on a gift for their sister and not for them. The grandson was just sure his sister would love a Spider-man puzzle.

It was over a hundred degrees yesterday, and very high humidity. By the time I had taken them home and then went to two stores to do all my grocery shopping, I wasn't feeling too well. The sun was so bright, and there didn't seem to be enough air! As soon as I got home hubby said it was time to walk the dogs. I told him I was dying from the heat, but he blew that off, so I grabbed a water bottle and off we went. We got almost all the way home and I had to ask him to go get the car. I couldn't breathe at all, and my chest was in a vise. So he dashed off with both dogs and I tried to focus on just staying upright. Things were going gray fast. But he hurried back with the car and my rescue inhaler and my nitro pills. So I took the nitro and the chest pain eased up pretty quickly. Once I got inside where it was cool and used my inhaler a couple of times I was feeling much better. He said, "Why didn't you tell me you were feeling bad?" Men never listen.

We had three brown bananas so I made some low fat banana blueberry mini muffins this morning. They are ok, but I think I prefer just the blueberry version with zucchini. I put them in the freezer to take for lunches.

Well, the dishwasher and dryer just stopped, so I need to get busy. I hope you are all having a great day!

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Here is today's joke:

:happy:

Three men were sitting on a park bench. The one in the middle was reading a newspaper; the others were pretending to fish. They baited imaginary hooks, cast lines, and reeled in their catch.

A passing policeman stopped to watch the spectacle and asked the man in the middle if he new the other two.

“Oh yes” he said. “They ‘re my friends.”

“In that case,” warned the officer, “you’d better get them out of here!”

“Yes, sir” the man replied, and he began rowing furiously

:laugh:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!:flowerforyou:

Renny - hope your DSIL is ok. We are all one slip away from disaster.:ohwell:
    I agree, grandchildren are magic. :love: I get to see mine on Tuesday up in London. I miss the baby so much as they change so fast. At 11 months her babyhood is nearly over. Today I ordered some utterly gorgeous corduroy pinafore dresses with coordinating bodies and tights for her first birthday in a month's time. I found a 15% off voucher on line. They have so many toys in the house I don't feel bad about not giving her a toy.

Sylvia - scary moment! Hot weather can be difficult for breathing.:flowerforyou: Hope the cake turns out supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! :flowerforyou: :happy:

I have been relaxing today. Easy prawn and pasta dinner tonight. Left overs for lunch.:love:
    This morning I had another play with my Word 2013. I got a cover page and a few more intro pages set up and set up the first chapter. I have never worked in an office so I am not very experienced in all this, but time flew by.:bigsmile: I managed to save it this time.:laugh:
    Read the paper and watered the plants. That's it! Bliss!:laugh:
    Now I've got to put dinner together.:ohwell:

Love from horizontal Heather in flowery Hampshire UK