Friday NSV - Post yours below

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Worked out even though it was an "off" day for couch to 5k. Did a "free run" of about 11 minutes. Working back up to that 5k...

Great NSV. :drinker: There is something almost miraculous about starting to run for enjoyment and looking forward to it for it's own sake. Okay, maybe it's those addictive endorphins, too. But hey, legal high!
    I agree! Riding does that to me too, especially since I got/had to do it 2x this week. My riding group gives me the strongest and longest-lasting "legal highs" I've ever had.
  • skjones0323
    skjones0323 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what NSV stands for but I have an idea based on the posts. I am fitting into clothing one size smaller and am becoming increasingly aware of how my over-eating is triggered by negative mood states. I am attempting to use this website as an outlet instead of eating.
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wore size 6 dress pants for the first time yesterday - That's 3 sizes down from where I was in May (in a size 12) - woohoo! :happy:
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    1st a stupid question -what does NSV mean? I figure it's some kind of victory but I cannot figure it out on my own. Also, I tried on 2 dresses this morning, one that used to be tight on me, now I have room to move around. The other one, I've never worn. I bought it on clearance a few years back without trying it on and it didn't fit, it does now :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory

Congrats!
    1st a stupid question -what does NSV mean? I figure it's some kind of victory but I cannot figure it out on my own. Also, I tried on 2 dresses this morning, one that used to be tight on me, now I have room to move around. The other one, I've never worn. I bought it on clearance a few years back without trying it on and it didn't fit, it does now :)
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    NSV = non-scale victory!

The shorts that I wear as pj's have gotten so big on me that they fall down when I walk, I'm constantly pulling them up.

Most of my shorts and skorts need a belt now.

One pair of shorts and one skort I can put on/off without unbuttoning/unzipping them. :bigsmile:

Not one person, at all, has said "hey, you look like you lost some weight". :huh: <-- not an nsv, just annoying as hell.

I can do a bunch of burpees non-stop. Still hate them... but I can do them!
  • Geekygal85
    Geekygal85 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of shorts about 2 months ago in a 16 and at the time they could go on, but I was sporting a serious muffin top. I tried them on yesterday and they fit perfectly, no muffin top!!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My size 10 jeans have gone from way too tight to almost falling down. Yesterday my mom, who has always been rather thin, brought me some size 8 jeans that are too small for her, and they fit me! She also brought some size 6 dresses, and they are just a tiny bit tight on me! I haven't been smaller than my mom in *years*!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Not one person, at all, has said "hey, you look like you lost some weight". :huh: <-- not an nsv, just annoying as hell.

Hey, you look like you lost some weight. ;)
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I normally lose from my bottom half first. I have gone down 4 pant sizes (22-16) without seeing anything really happen on the top half! It was frustrating. Yesterday I put on one of my favorite t-shirts and it looked all stretched out. I asked my bf and he said "no dummy, you've lost weight remember." (In a playful way of course) Apparently I can now wear plain old large shirts. Whoot!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Another one for me:

I check out my reflection!

I was walking by a window outside of work yesterday and noticed that my booty is considerably smaller!
    (Unfortunately I'd stopped to notice this in front of our plant manager's office!!! :embarassed:
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I purposely bought only 2 pair of dress pants for work a few months ago.
    This morning - they are WAY too big!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I haven't called myself names when I looked in the mirror once today (so far!).
  • fleapowder
    fleapowder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk the trails a complete hour. Just starting back.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My walk-run speed for c25k was previously 5.0 and 6.0, respectively.
    Now it's 6.0 and 7.0 :)
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I no longer have to take blood pressure medication :smile:

Good job! I would love to get to that point
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my Victoria Secret Jammie pants fit me now....another wonderful feeling, were super tight, couldn't get them on 6 weeks ago!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Though the scale has had a serious attitude problem lately . . . my jeans that I paid way too much for are too big!
  • tenacioustee73
    Options
    I am on day 5 of less than 1200 calories per day and have worked out everyday so far, despite feeling like I couldn't move at times. I just keep saying - I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what NSV stands for but I have an idea based on the posts. I am fitting into clothing one size smaller and am becoming increasingly aware of how my over-eating is triggered by negative mood states. I am attempting to use this website as an outlet instead of eating.

NSV=Non-Scale Victory.

That's a good one, congrats!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!