Lose 5 pounds a month December 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I went to the Dr yesterday (a new Doctor for me) so he could take a look at my knee (it started hurting a few months back when I started to jog). I don't feel much has been answered in that area though because he said it sounds like Arthritis, but then he said it can't be Arthritis because I am "young to have Arthritis". ARG why did I pay $85 to get told "well your knee is hurt, not sure why just take things easy" I knew that much! I did get an X-ray done as well, another $50 :grumble: and I hope to know more in a few days about the results. For now I am starting to do squats to help build strength in my knee (advise from the Athletic Director at the school I work at) I also asked my Doctor a few weight loss questions. I asked my body type, I am a pear. I asked what a good goal weight for me would be, he said 140-145 (I like him much better than my last Dr already! Last Dr said 105, then I said how about 140, she said 115 and we settled on 125) He also said that I should eat more calories, 1800 per day (to lose), when I have been doing 1200-1300. Maybe this is why I have not been losing? Anyway I am going to post a topic on this today and see what calories others my height and weight are eating.

Hope all who got sick are doing better, congrats to the ones who had a loss, keep plugging to the ones who didn't.
    Happy Wednesday! :flowerforyou:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    yay 161.0 this morning : ) I know not my weigh in day but im super excited the scale is finally moving!
  • allibinky
    allibinky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

Have had a nasty cold all week so I've been moving a little slow and had almost no exercise. Must be doing something right because I'm down 2 pounds from last week.

December 1: 147
    December 6: 145
    December 13:
    December 20:
    December 27:
    December 31:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]2387479.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who lost !

Jen, that's so annoying about your knee. I have never heard 'too young to have arthritis' - I think it depends on genetics, etc. I have a friend who was diagnosed in her 20's.

I have bad knees and some of the exercises I was given were straight leg movements to strengthen the side muscles. But I can't really run without feeling it later. Having great shoes makes a big difference though.

I am back up in weight to 130. I way over-did it this weekend - just played and played! But I managed to sleep through the night for three nights in a row - I'm usually up at 2, 3, then 4 to 6 and then get up at 7. I'm not sure why - animals, anxiety, menopause? Probably all of the above. I had completely forgotten how good it feels to have 7 straight hours though.
  • Only1ladyk
    Only1ladyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in!
  • dvanrose
    dvanrose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! It is helpful to know that others are dealing with the same issues as me:tongue:
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday morning at 188.8 which was a 2.2 lb loss. I'll take it. I've had a nasty stomach virus twice this week first on Thursday and then was hit again on Monday & Tuesday. I haven't really been tracking my food much and haven't been able to workout so any loss is a plus.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all, have been MIA...feeling it to ....gotta get back into this busy holiday or not.....haven't gained any so my poor eating choices have luckily been counteracted with the hectic life we are all leading right now....another busy day so no time for "real" exercise but will try to atleast eat wiser...Didn't even log in my food yesturday--haven't done that in like forever....didn't like the feeling either...so I am off to log in my food ....have a GREAT day all.....
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Jenn, I love your reminders to drink water. They are really helpful. I forced myself to go fill up 1L water jug and am sipping at it while I am here on MFP... You're doing great with your morning workouts! Did you work out this morning? I did that for a while in the summer, but have been finding that I'm pretty much heading to hibernation mode and do not want to exercise at all lately. When will you get your x-ray results? I hope your knee starts feeling better.

Terri, I'm with you on disliking the cold. I would much rather soak in a hot bath than consider going outside for a walk right now. Even my treadmill is in our unfinished (i.e. cold) basement, so it is not overly appealing to me. Maybe a hot yoga class? :happy:

I've been slacking off bit by bit on my sugar-free. Innocently and healthy enough at first, an asparagus and red pepper risotto with my scallops on my evening out, then PMS started kicking in and it started getting worse like spaghetti and the crusts of my daughter's sandwich, then trail mix (with m&m's in it!), then some of the girls french fries at supper, and finally the halloween treats made a comeback! That's when I knew I was right back where I started and needed to be more vigilant about letting the sugar back in. It starts off with "oh, just a little bit is ok", but really, it's like an addiction for me, and I start spiralling pretty quickly from there. I have to remember how great I was feeling the first few weeks and try to get back to that! (as I munch on my turkey wrapped red pepper sticks...) AND, I need to make sure I eat more regularly. Maybe I should consider setting alarms like Jenn!

I'm off to the spa this afternoon for a mani/pedi - a birthday gift from my hubby. Then we have his Christmas party tonight.

Congrats to those of you whose scales are moving down, down, down!! Keep up the great work! :bigsmile:

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • GFPeggy11
    Options
    This is a great idea! I just started my journey last Thursday. I've cut out soda, and gluten, to test if I'm celieac or not.

I'm already down 5.6lbs!

But I'll aim for another 5lbs for the new year!!!

I'm currently 258, goal, 253!

So excited! I'm also starting the couch to 5k program Sat morning!
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Hello everyone....it's been a week and I lost 1 pd. I guess 1 is better than none right?
    dmgaloha....enjoy your mani/pedi....that sounds so good right now. It is snowing to beat the band here in MI. We
    get a lot of lake effect where I am.
    I am planning out my day off today. One more Holiday party tomorrow. That will make #2 for the season.
    FOCUS....lol
    Annmarie
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Dec 1st: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 6th: 204.0 lbs
    Dec 10th: 202.8 lbs FINALLY!!! :bigsmile:
    Dec 20th:
    Dec 27th:
    Dec 31st:

Weighed in early since I won't be home all weekend....not so sure what Monday's scale will say since we have the Christmas Party tomorrow night for my dad's business. I'll try to be good, but I know there will be lots of yummys & since I won't be driving I'll have a few hot toddies! LOL
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    GFPeggy11- Welcome & good luck! I :heart: the C25K!!

kintegra- WOOHOO!! Congrats on breaking out of there!!

My "lofty" goal of 8lbs by 12/31 is not looking so hot. I'm freaking out about not being able to find a dress for NYE and the freaking is causing me to stress eat which is causing me to freak out more about the dress... vicious cycle.

Hope everybody is doing well!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Kelly - did you decide what you're going to wear?! My husband's party will be fairly casual as well, considering he works for a heavy equipment company. I'm wearing a pair of black dressy fitted jeans that have a bit of sparkles near the pockets, with my high-heeled boots, and a black 2-in-1 sweater with a sheer ruffled blouse underneath (one of those 'fooler' shirts, that look like 2 but it's really built-in), plus a nice 3-tier necklace to go with it.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Kelly - did you decide what you're going to wear?! My husband's party will be fairly casual as well, considering he works for a heavy equipment company. I'm wearing a pair of black dressy fitted jeans that have a bit of sparkles near the pockets, with my high-heeled boots, and a black 2-in-1 sweater with a sheer ruffled blouse underneath (one of those 'fooler' shirts, that look like 2 but it's really built-in), plus a nice 3-tier necklace to go with it.

That sounds like a great outfit! I'm pretty sure I'm wearing a satin wrap around blouse (black & dark burgundy) with dark jeans with sequinned & embroidered pockets (my fancy pants), I have a black "Y" necklace & earrings to match that I'm wearing with it. As for shoes....probably my black suede boot/heels (they are more like clogs-slip ons but look like a boot). Actually the shirt I'm wearing is in my pics - pic was taken in October, now it fits SO much nicer! Its not tight at all! :bigsmile:
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Actually the shirt I'm wearing is in my pics - pic was taken in October, now it fits SO much nicer! Its not tight at all! :bigsmile:

Isn't that a wonderful feeling. :happy: Have fun at the Christmas party.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

For the last few days I have been eating more calories, because my doctor said I should be getting more. Well yesterday when I got on the scale I had gained weight :explode: so now I am trying to eat a little more than I had been before (was at 1200) but not as much as the doctor told me (he said 1800). I will aim for 1500 calories. I was a bit lower on the scale today but still higher than last weeks weigh in. I'm sad I have not been losing, but I am trying to keep in mind that it has only been a few days eating more and also that I have started working out (2nd week) so I hope I am losing inches and getting more muscle.
    Anyway, today I am 152.6 ( up .5)

Dmgaloha-
    Thanks. Yes, I did get my workout in today! I have been really good about getting up early. Setting my food alarm has been helping me a great deal with staying on track with food, you should try it. My night cravings (so far) have been so much better! Not sure about the x-ray yet, but I will keep you in the loop once I hear back. Not wearing heels to work has made the knee pain much less, but my boss doesn't seem to like my flats-oh well. :flowerforyou: Drink that water girly!

GFPeggy11-
    Welcome! My son has Celiac Disease and also can't have dairy. Once we changed his diet he was so much happier. Only took about 3 weeks to see the improvement for him (but heard it may take longer, depending on the amount of intestine damage) and helped me lose weight fast (because of the lack of pasta, lol). Try RedMill brand, they have good GF stuff. Add me if you want and ask me questions any time. It is a hard transition, but you can do it!

Kelly-
    Have fun today at the spa and at the party with dad! Congrats on the loss and DON'T weigh on Monday! :laugh:

Just_peachy-
    Try not to freak! You will find a dress and look great in it!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, well not too bad as I have had lots of functions going on this week and next week is not looking much better lol :bigsmile: must try harder to be ultra good in between !!!

12/3/10............119.5
    12/10/10..........121.5
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Ok let's do this!
    I don't know what the crap is going on but only I can fix it and now seems like a good time.

I may have to lose 10lbs because I think I gained 5 looking at ruikuli signature:love:

Today's weigh in......142.2 :sad:

I curse 142 and for my new year I want to never see it again!

Well as much as I HATE to post my gain I better since then it is out there. I just want my motivation back. I do great one day and then horrible the next. I am losing the sweets battle badly. I keep saying tomorrow but it never comes. I know the holidays will be hard and I am so not ready. I am so torn! One part of me doesn't like the weight I am at but then I look at how my clothes are fitting and it is so much better then it was. I don't want to settle but I am at an ok weight. I just need to decide if I am ok for real or am I just too lazy to work for the rest.

So here it is.... gain - 143.1

Went from losing 2lbs a week to gaining 1 a week...shame on me!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Ya'll should be so proud of me!! Nick 'had' to have pizza.. so I ordered a chicken delite from Papa Murphys, had two pieces instead of the original four I thought I would, and then decided to have a gala apple, hint of salt crackers 1 cup of cauliflower and a hint of ranch in place of those other two pieces of pizza.. Woot Woot GO ME!