Lose 5 pounds a month December 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I totally changed my Christmas party outfit at the last minute on Friday night. My hubby said he had heard it was quite fancy, so I ended up wearing a black ankle length sleeveless dress, but covered up with a short sleeve jacket to tone it down a bit and to stay warm. It was perfect. I think it fit me better now than when I wore it the first time to his best friend's greek wedding about 8 years ago! There - I finally got another wearing out of it! (Good thing I bought a classic color / style.)

Anyway, I decided I had been struggling so much the last few days with my diet, that I would take a day off yesterday. We had a Santa Claus breakfast at my daughter's school, and I ended up snacking most of the rest of the day. I had my favorite - chips and dip, got it out of my system, now I'm ready to move on. I started taking my vitamins again this morning, I had been slacking off there too, which probably didn't help my cause any. I've read that sometimes cravings during your menstrual cycle are because your body is missing certain minerals due to the blood loss.

Jenn - where do you work that your boss has any say over your choice of footwear?! That's ridiculous. I have pretty much given up heels on a daily basis, and wear them more for special occasions only.

Bru - great job supplementing the pizza with some fruits and veggies!! More filling and less calories!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Jenn - where do you work that your boss has any say over your choice of footwear?! That's ridiculous. I have pretty much given up heels on a daily basis, and wear them more for special occasions only.

I work at a middle school and lots of people dress in jeans, but once I lost 30 lbs I wanted to dress up a bit for the first few weeks of school to show off my new body and the boss lady pulled me in her office and told me how great I was doing and how much better it was from last year. I left feeling so confused becasue nothing had changed. But once I spoke to a work friend about it she thought that it must just be the way I was looking. Thinner and more dressed up. Funny but true. Now if I put jeans on or wear flats It seems I am on her bad side. I don't think she even realizes that she is doing it, but others have seen the same thing. They lose weight and likes them better and thinks they work harder. So I play her game and dress nice to keep under the radar :devil:
    ps the outfit sounds really nice, hope you had fun!

Bru - great job on the pizza pizza! Adding the fruit and veggies was a great idea but hard to do, good job staying strong. I won over the pizza this weekend myself (my guy *had* to have pizza as well). :happy:

I am doing much better with my eating on the weekends. Last night my boyfriends mom was in town at the last min and wanted to go to dinner. I was upset at first because I have doing so well, but then I figured it would be a good test for me to stay healthy when life happens and just went with it. Looked up online what I should order to make me happy but still stay in my calories for the day. It was nice to go out and not feel upset with myself after. I skipped the yummy before dinner chips and avo dip, as well as the after dinner yummy chocolate cake goodness and felt great about my yummy but only 375 calorie meal. Got on the scale today and it was the same as yesterdays weight. 150.4 (down 2 lbs from fridays weigh in) A trick I tried last night was drinking a sip of water every time my eyes looked at somthing I didn't want to want :tongue: I drank 4 glasses in an hour and a half! :laugh:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm not freaking out and stress eating quite as badly as I thought! Down 3 lbs for the month!

12/01- 168.2
    12/06- 168.0
    12/13- 165.2
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Jenn, ugh, weird to have that kind of judgment at your work. Maybe part of it is your confidence too, and the good role model you are for the kids - eating healthy, exercising, etc. Great attitude for your dinner out with your bf's mom! :bigsmile:

Ok, it turns out I was not good for the whole weekend - it was not just one day off as originally planned. And today, I'm not quite back on track with the no-sugar, but at least I haven't eaten chips or chocolate yet (mind you, it's only 9:30am so there's still lots of time!)... Oh! bad thinking!! I can do it, I can do it... :happy:
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My weight loss has been crazy the past couple weeks. I was in the middle of the C25K program when my knees started hurting me. I quit running but was still doing the elliptical and DVD's but my knees still hurt so I quit doing any type of exercise for 10 days thinking my knees needed complete rest. Well, I have had great losses since I quit exercising. :huh:
    Don't know what is going on with my body but I like it. Got got new running shoes yesterday so I'm going to start back with walking and hope the new shoes help with the knee problem.

Also, I saw how much sodium can cause water weight over Thanksgiving so I started monitoring my sodium and that may be another reason I have been having good weigh-ins the past couple weeks.

Here's my progress this month

12/01 - 194.8
    12/06 - 192.0
    12/13 - 188.8

Whoo hooo - 6 lbs! With the Christmas weeked coming, I'd like to lose a couple more pounds so that I'll be sure to end the month with the 5 lb goal.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. :smile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning to everyone!

Another weekend snowstorm. About another foot plus of the white stuff and this morning -11 on the thermometer. Makes it hard to get out of bed.

For those who are not finding time to exercise just decorate the tree. This is from Shape magazine "trim the tree-and your waistline!. Two hours of stringing, squatting and blasts 376 calories. Needless to say not all exercise has to be done at the gym or a "workout" Just keep moving at this busy time of the year. I spend a lot of time just marching in place while the kids are playing.

Stay healthy,

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Dec 1st 201.6
    Dec 3rd 197.6
    Dec 10th 197.4
    Dec 17th
    Dec 24th
    Dec 31st

I've been slacking horribly on exercise and it really shows. Not having a Wii or DVD player sucks when it's -10 outside with the windchill and I don't have the money for a gym. I'm really hoping my friend can get me in his gym tonight for a trial run..I hope. :/

I know I'm still doing good because I'm not gaining a lot (just water retaining every so often) verses most of America who's already gained 3-5lbs since Thanksgiving. SO I'll take this as maintaining and staying steady. I can't wait til Winter is gone so I can get back to my outside walk/runs :)
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Dec 1 145
    Dec 13 144
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Dec 1: 142
    Dec 7: 142.25
    Dec 13: 138.6

WHUT? How did that happen? :huh: I didn't even get to wave goodbye to 140. I guess my eating habits really have changed.That, and I've been sick and dealing with stresssss.

:laugh: I'm just like you lisafrancis629. I guess the exercise from before still has long-term effects?
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wow great job to those with the losses this week! :bigsmile:

I didn't dare step on the scale this morning due to the Christmas party on Saturday & also not being home the entire weekend. I'm hoping the scale likes me just a wee bit tomorrow.

The party was great - my new pic is of CJ & I at the end of the party. :love:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to check in and say hello! Took the kids to Christmas in the park last night. It was really nice but a bit cold. My son lost his fav hat :cry: and I was so worried all the way home about his ears being cold. We walked to the light-rail and took the train into downtown, my daughter's class has a tree all done up and we walked around for 2 hours before we found it. I took healthy veggie snacks but we stayed longer than I thought we would (the line to see Santa was an hour and a half!) and needed to buy the kids dinner there. Got them each a hot dog but I didn't want to eat that junk myself so I kept going til after 8:30 when we got home, long day but so much fun. Santa was really great, he even had bells on his shoes! Happy that my son liked him this year :laugh: last year he was not so sure. I didn't even have to remind them to say "Thank you" for the candy cane. :bigsmile:
    Anyway, I went far 2 long without eating yesterday and when I got home I was so hungry. I eat my dinner and finished some of my daughter's PB&J sandwich, didn't go over calories with all that walking but the scale was still a bit up this morning. I am going to tell myself that it is because I eat so late, maybe I will be back down in the morning tomorrow. Lets hope, have a nice day!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Dec 1: 142
    Dec 7: 142.25
    Dec 13: 138.6

WHUT? How did that happen? :huh: I didn't even get to wave goodbye to 140. I guess my eating habits really have changed.That, and I've been sick and dealing with stresssss.

:laugh: I'm just like you lisafrancis629. I guess the exercise from before still has long-term effects?

Honestly, I believe in the old saying that muscle burns more calories because I have not been exercising nearly as much lately, my eating hasn't been the best and I am maintaining....so something is working....long term effects I will take...Hope you all aren't too busy to enjoy the holiday time....
  • tewcliff
    tewcliff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Had my four week re-measure and weigh-in today at boot camp...
    Lost 8 inches, 4% body fat, but only 1.5 pounds. I know that's because I was terribly weak before I started and had to build some muscle first ;) I'm hoping the next month is all about burning the fat and losing the weight and less about building the muscle now that I have some. I still have a goal to lose those last 3.5 lbs before the new year to make the "lost 5 in December" club! I don't want to lose hope, but 1.5 in 4 weeks wasn't much with as hard as I have been working. Until the next weigh in.....stick with it and I hope everyone meets their goals!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, I got in my first gym experience tonight, oddly enough, with an ex from highschool (we are still friends, as is my hubby with him so it's all good...) I did 37min on the tread.. I'm such a noob b/c I paused it on accident after my first 7min... I stayed at 4mph almost the whole time, briefly at 5.1 and as low as 3.5. We then hit the elliptical for 15min and I thought it would be the death of me..lol, but I pushed through it!! I have a free 7 day pass and I hope that in the new year I can get an actual membership. I loved the gym and I wish I had started this back in Sept!! Plus I know many people that go there which is pretty cool too :) My legs will be on fire tomorrow.. I love it!! Off to finish my water then head to bed, night all!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone just quickly wanted to say that i went on a date with hubby lol which is never good it always includes chips salsa mexican food soda popcorn and a movie so that said I didn't gain any extra weight but i am back to 164. again.

Sooo I am really getting excited for school : ) its two days a week from 9-noon so hopefully i will be able to use the gym there after class those two days a week so i will ACTUALLY EXERCISE! LoL even if it is only 2 days a week and i will make it home with plenty of time for hubby to go to bed and sleep a full 8 hours before leaving for work at 11. ......

. And the best part and I am super excited I called the preschool today and Found out that even though my son has a late birthday..turns 3 (january 2nd) He can still start pre-school when they come back from holliday break on the 4th : ) so He will go to school from 1-2:30 so after the gym (if i can go to the gym) I go pick him up and it works out really perfect because his school and my school is the same two days of the week : ) He is getting so big im way too excited lol .. shouldn't i be sad or something hahaha but he is super excited he has been asking me since this summer when he found out his friend goes to school if he can go to school and i keep telling him he has to waite because he isn't old enough little did i know he can go in january so ya everything is working out so well. lol well Except my really really really slow weight loss and being stuck for the past 2 months. : )

well thats enough bragging and carrying on lol have a good night ladies im off to have a big glass of water then its bed time : ) stay healthy
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies...YYIIPPEE, made it to the 160's (169, but I'll take it)...hope all is well with everone..have a GREAT day!!

tewcliff--great results
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Tina>> I think you must be right. It's a real relief too, to know that we all won't have to spend the rest of our lives as gym rats or training for races. :smile: Unless we want to. Oh yeah. Congrats on 169!

tewcliff>> 8" is incredible! 4% body fat? Wow.

Bru>> I'm glad you liked your new gym. It takes some getting used to, but it's so worth it.

55tolose>> Wow. Preschool already? January's so close.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    He is getting so big im way too excited lol .. shouldn't i be sad or something hahaha but he is super excited he has been asking me since this summer when he found out his friend goes to school if he can go to school and i keep telling him he has to waite because he isn't old enough little did i know he can go in january so ya everything is working out so well.

:laugh: I thought I would be fine and all the other mom's who looked into the window crying were "too much" but I did cry after I left and was driving into work on that first day. Once you are there and remember the first day you held your little baby who is now SO big it will hit you! Congrats on everything looking up!:drinker:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm sorry that I haven't been on here supporting everyone this week. It has been CRAZY around here, but I did go back and read every thing and want to congratulate everyone on your progress. Those of you with set-backs, don't get down - stay motivated! I stayed home with my kids yesterday for my youngest daughter's birthday (she's 4) so I didn't post, but here are my results:

Dec 6th: 165.5
    Dec 13th: 164.6
    Dec 20th:
    Dec 27th:
    Dec 31st:

So almost a pound! Yea!!!! I actually cheated a little and weighed on Friday. I was down to 163.8, but I'm sure I'm paying for the birthday party. It was worth it. I just enjoyed my time with her and didn't worry about food. We bought her a huge doll house and she played with it all day. It was amazing to just watch her. I can't believe how big she has gotten.

Also, my hubby gave me an early Christmas present. He knew I wasn't able to get to zumba as often as I would like lately becuase of the weather and everyone's schedules so...he bought me Zumba for the Wii. I did it last night and this morning and I LOVE IT!

55tolose: I handled my 10 year old's first day pretty well, but she had went to day care for a while, so it wasn't so new. I wish my 4 year old could go ahead and start. She has to wait until the new school year :( She can't wait to start like her bubby and sissy. I wish she was there learning. She is so smart...but I know I'm partial LOL
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Alioth>> Ya i know january is sooo close we both start school in 3 weeks : )

Jen>> oh ya i know just watch me cry I just really hope i can watch his first day but probably not i just love seeing him with other kids and i have 0 friends and so he doesn't see other kids all that often but when he does i cant get him away.

Sharmonesq>> Ya i think we are all partial haha. I do think my son needs more oppertunity of learning he is at the bottom of the spectrum on what he already knows. he cant say abcs without repeating after me and even then he isn't so good at it.. he doesn't know any nursery rhymes (my fault i don't either) he doesn't know shapes or colors but he is getting to be good with a triangle... he cant write anything but scribbles not even just one line. so ya i know a girl his age that can write her name do a circle almost tie her shoe. ya so im not verry good at teaching so he needs this.