Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 14

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for Christmas!!! I'm totally in the baking spirit. I'm not one to have more than a couple cookies, but I looove making loads and handing them out. So far I'm making Chocolate Clouds, Orange Drops, Scotch-a-roos, Peanut Butter Balls, and No-bakes.....all from my mom's secret stash of recipies, and then of course I'm making Chocolate Chip and trying a new Double Chocolate Peppermint Pattie recipe. I'm going shopping for ingredients this weekend and me and my roommate will be cooking up a storm here soon!!! :happy:
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Freezing cold here and snowing and it's made me miserable because I have been shivering all day today. Needed a sugar fix (or at least that's what I thought) so I baked some flour free peanut butter cookies! So much fun and so quick and easy. Worked out as only 87 cals each and the batch made 27! I'm only going to keep a couple at home and take the rest into work tomorrow.

Totally caved on Starbucks as well which I justified on the basis that it would warm me up! Have to try harder the rest of this week.

First xmas party tomorrow night so going to try hard to make healthy food choices!

Happy hump day!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    So last night I popped in my Bosu DVD and began my little workout. Within 7 minutes, I was feeling funny so I stopped. They say if you ever feel bad to stop the workout immediately.

Well I'm glad I did because within a minute I was having a full blown asthma attack. The worst part, I couldn't find my inhaler or my backup inhaler. So I stumbled around the house searching for what felt like forever.

I ended up sucking on some cough drops with mint that helped and then I found my backup that was pretty empty. I squeezed out two hits and rested.

Damn....

What am I going to do? I hope this improves sooner rather than later. I was doing good without a breathing problem and now I can't even laugh hard.

Sigh...it's like being a kid all over again.

Katie
  • numberscolors
    Options
    Like a raver on E.. Wow, that made my day.

I managed to get the clothes washed.. by hand.. in the bathtub.. even if they're not perfectly clean they smell better. Lol!

So I have a question!

I have like completely lost my appetite. Even after I work out, I'm not hungry. At all. I know I need to eat but the thought of eating just makes me nauseated. Weird or a stage? I don't eat a whole lot to begin with and I'm severely hypoglycemic so I some times force myself to but I feel like crap afterward. My normal blood sugar is in the 40-60's on a good day. I usually stay around 50's but can still function at 35. Any lower, I hit the floor. Maybe I should go to the doctor...

Yeah, done thinking out loud, sorry. :)

haha, you always hear about ravers dying from water poisoning! lol

as far as your question goes, my appetite changes DRASTICALLY when i'm on my period/pmsing. i can go from ravenously hungry with the most bizarre cravings, to wanting to vomit at the mere thought of food. maybe try a couple bites of full-fat ice cream to get some calories. it might spark your appetite a little too!
  • Mandy0223
    Mandy0223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need more motivation for this second part of this week. It has been cold and nasty outside (Central PA)..I'd be surprised if I weigh less than I did last Monday my next weigh-in...:(
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Can't wait for Christmas!!! I'm totally in the baking spirit. I'm not one to have more than a couple cookies, but I looove making loads and handing them out. So far I'm making Chocolate Clouds, Orange Drops, Scotch-a-roos, Peanut Butter Balls, and No-bakes.....all from my mom's secret stash of recipies, and then of course I'm making Chocolate Chip and trying a new Double Chocolate Peppermint Pattie recipe. I'm going shopping for ingredients this weekend and me and my roommate will be cooking up a storm here soon!!! :happy:

MMMMMM.....sounds super yummy, Rach!!!! My li'l girl is 2 and a half. So this year I'm going to do some baking with her. We'll see how she enjoys it. She LOVES seeing all the Christmas lights on the houses. She's so excited for Christmas. Now if only the threats of Santa not bringing her any presents if she doesn't behave would actually work....LOL

Hope all you pin-ups are having a great week.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    just curious... anyone here drink protein shakes?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I think we're going to start trying to drink protein shakes.

I also hand out goodies for Christmas! I have to make sugar cookies, a peanut butter pie, oatmeal cookies and a pumpkin cheesecake topped with glazed pecan in a pumpkin spice caramel sauce.

So sore today and still very tired.
  • mamastuck
    Options

MMMMMM.....sounds super yummy, Rach!!!! My li'l girl is 2 and a half. So this year I'm going to do some baking with her. We'll see how she enjoys it. She LOVES seeing all the Christmas lights on the houses. She's so excited for Christmas. Now if only the threats of Santa not bringing her any presents if she doesn't behave would actually work....LOL

Check out Elf on a Shelf they sell it at borders and amazon. Its this cute little elf that sits on his own little shelf and watches so he can report back to santa. I have 3 lol The other night my kids were being so bad so when they fell asleep I hid the elf. In the morning they wanted to know where the elf was and I told them they were so bad he took off running to tell santa BOY how they have been perfect since hahaha
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I have like completely lost my appetite. Even after I work out, I'm not hungry. At all. I know I need to eat but the thought of eating just makes me nauseated. Weird or a stage? I don't eat a whole lot to begin with and I'm severely hypoglycemic so I some times force myself to but I feel like crap afterward. My normal blood sugar is in the 40-60's on a good day. I usually stay around 50's but can still function at 35. Any lower, I hit the floor. Maybe I should go to the doctor...
    I've been there. If it lasts more than a day or two, I would recommend you try to eat calorie and nutrient dense foods. Also, when I had that issue, (for a while I was so upset, eating made me gag) I found that, if I distracted myself from the fact that I was eating, it was easier so I would go talk to a coworker, read or watch TV while I ate. Mindless eating can be used to your advantage. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

I seem to have gotten over my inability to eat. I have definately over consumed lately. I weighed myself this morning and I was up to 161. I don't think it is all fat but it is still not ok. Time to get my *kitten* back in gear.
  • RachVR6
    Options

I used to to them after workouts, but I ran out of powder and haven't bought any. I used to put a scoop in my fruit smoothies in the mornings too. I need to get back to that!
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    after i work out i always feel like im starving! so im thinking it might help with that??? plus i workout at night... so eating a lot after i exercise wouldnt be that great either. now the trick is going to be finding a brand that isnt gross!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options

On days that my protein is way low I do. I bought 'Top Care' brand from Schnucks and got the Whey Protein in vanilla or original (whatever, lol) I mix mine in the blender with a cup of milk, tastes mych better that way. Although when this container is gone, I may try a different brand/flavor :)
  • sas16
    Options

Check out Elf on a Shelf they sell it at borders and amazon. Its this cute little elf that sits on his own little shelf and watches so he can report back to santa. I have 3 lol The other night my kids were being so bad so when they fell asleep I hid the elf. In the morning they wanted to know where the elf was and I told them they were so bad he took off running to tell santa BOY how they have been perfect since hahaha

Thanks, mamastuck! Sounds like a good idea. LOVE what ya did. Too funny!!!
  • sas16
    Options

I drink it mainly after I do any type of strength training. I use Designer Whey in chocolate. It's pretty decent tasting. I put a scoop into some skim milk with peanut butter and a banana. Yummy!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    after i work out i always feel like im starving! so im thinking it might help with that??? plus i workout at night... so eating a lot after i exercise wouldnt be that great either. now the trick is going to be finding a brand that isnt gross!

Try that pure protein Mocha Cappuccino thing I posted about awhile back. Bolthouse brand I think. By all the Naked smoothies and orange juice at walmart. :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well ladies it's been weeks.....literally. I'm back and I would love to join back up with you guys. I'm done with school next week and I really need to drop a few lbs before the holidays. Hope you all are doing great!
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    walmart sells a chocolate peanut butter protein... the reviews everyone says its good. and its only like $18. so im thinking of trying that? for 2 scoops its 52 g of protein... which would be too much i think. But im sure 1 scoop or sometimes even 1/2 a scoop might help?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of meat (lap band+meat=a stuck disaster) and I don't eat nuts so I hardly ever get any protein. So I think I'm going to talk to my hubster about getting some.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of meat (lap band+meat=a stuck disaster) and I don't eat nuts so I hardly ever get any protein. So I think I'm going to talk to my hubster about getting some.

Why don't you eat nuts?