Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 14

Options

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of meat (lap band+meat=a stuck disaster) and I don't eat nuts so I hardly ever get any protein. So I think I'm going to talk to my hubster about getting some.

Why don't you eat nuts?

They're disgusting? Lol. I just don't like them. I never have.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of meat (lap band+meat=a stuck disaster) and I don't eat nuts so I hardly ever get any protein. So I think I'm going to talk to my hubster about getting some.

Why don't you eat nuts?

i eat everything! which is part of the problem. haha. I'm looking to the shake to hopefully fight my after exercise starvation! and by starvation im exaggerating my hunger! haha
  • sheilabennett
    Options

Why don't you eat nuts?

ME TOO!!! I hate nuts. My mom thought I was allergic when I was a kid... but I am not. I just don't like them. In anything!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Good reason.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    My husband eats all of them but I don't even like the smell. I'm also like that with banana's. I hate, hate, hate the smell of banana's.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    oh well I can't agree about bananas!! I LOVE bananas. My family think I am strange (well for more than one reason) because whenever I visit anyone I always ask to eat a banana!
  • js775219
    Options
    I've been on plan the last few days and it feels great! I have been under calories, I have been getting my exercise and water in...I'm hoping next week to incorporate vitamins into my routine because I need to. That's all I have for an update of any kind...lol.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Ok, I am starting to freak out. I believe that I have hit a plateau, and this is very much the wrong time for this to happen. How do I break it? I am going to increase my calories, and increase my exercise.... is that the write way? Increasing my calories frightens me. A lot.... help!!!!
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Ok, I am starting to freak out. I believe that I have hit a plateau, and this is very much the wrong time for this to happen. How do I break it? I am going to increase my calories, and increase my exercise.... is that the write way? Increasing my calories frightens me. A lot.... help!!!!

I think that is the right way! I have been at or around 199 for 6 weeks. Last week, I upped my calories from1200 to 1360. Today, I saw 198.8 for the first time! I'm really excited about that. Plateaus can suck. And be completely unmotivating. Just stick to your exercise plan and don't push too hard--you don't want your body to break down the muscle instead of fat for energy. Don't be afraid to increase your exercise, just listen to your body and stop when it needs you to. And supplement with plenty of protein.

I don't know how accurate this info is. But it's working for me. Good luck!
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ugh I know how you feel Sheila. My weight loss has been pretty slow these last couple of weeks, despite lots of exercise. Friday's are normally my lowest weight day of the week, but this morning I had gained 1lb!! EEEEK how did that happen?!? Have exercised 3 times this week and plan to exercise at least twice more, need to see the scales move down!! Maybe tomorrow will be my low weight day. Fingers crossed!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Today is my Mr. Hubsters birthday. :D

We took baby to speech therapy and now I'm going to do a 30 min run and bake. Just do a little work out so I won't be exhausted for going out to dinner and shopping for him tonight. I haven't bought him a cake but I'm thinking of making him a small cookie cake. I figured if I make it then I'll know what I put in it. I'm starting to have a problem with going out places because I hate not knowing what's in my food. Like seriously, 64 ingredients in a Mexican pizza from Taco Bell?! That grosses me out so much.

Going to play the Mr's new PS3 tonight and try not to drink too much after Jasper goes to bed. :laugh:
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Thanks MaryAnne and Creech. I just got back from the gym... still feeling good. I am almost forcing myself to eat though. What I brought for lunch today is what I normally eat throughout the whole day.... I am just so frustrated with trying so hard, and not seeing amazing results... I mean the 20lbs is great... but I am still fat. I hate it!

Ok, rant over... I am going to eat my very large lunch now!!!

@ Ashley - Have a blast tonight!!! I LOVE birthdays!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Sheila - I am giving the calorie increase a try too! I have been plateau'd for a while. I upped my calories from 1200 to 1500 a day to see if that helps to get things moving. I'm tired of working so hard and eating healthy and not seeing any results too! *hugs*

Happy Birthday Jaspersdaddy! Enjoy your evening Ashley!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Karen
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I get my boyfriend back today!!! He won't be home til about midnight but I can't wait to see him. I think him being out of town for work is why I've been in such a funk all week.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Yay, Rach!

Mr. had a good birthday. I'm completely exhausted. I kept down little to nothing today with my stupid lap band fighting me every step of the way. So I have no energy. I'm laying on the couch while he hooks up his new ps3 and eats his cake I made him. :) Jasper is asleep and the house is at peace for once.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Ladies I wanted to share this with you... I weighed in at the gym this morning and I'm not officially HEALTHY BMI!!!!! only just but I'm in that bracket! :happy:

My poor mum slipped yesterday and has broken her elbow. She's in so much pain so I'm going over there for the next few days to help out. She has been such a big supporter of me so this news will hopefully cheer her up.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll check in with my official weigh in on Monday.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    .3 away from 40lbs lost. I've worked my booty off this week so even if it goes back up a little over the next couple of days I'm ecstatic right now.

Christmas shopping today for our mom's and going to find our big dog a new kennel. He's outgrown the one we have and it's 5 hours to my mom's house so we figured he could at least be comfortable for it.

I'm in a great mood today.

:flowerforyou:
  • mamastuck
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU I CANT WAIT TO SAY GOOD BYE TO 40lbs!!!!!!! Im half way there...half way there ( and spongebob tune dancing in my head)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU I CANT WAIT TO SAY GOOD BYE TO 40lbs!!!!!!! Im half way there...half way there ( and spongebob tune dancing in my head)

Thanks. :happy:

Hahah. My little boy laughs at spongebob. I'll have 17 more to go to hit my first major goal and then possibly another 45 after that. Baby steps, baby steps.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Nam - CONGRATS!!!! That is so awesome!! But I am so sorry about your mom. I hope it heels quickly.

Ashley - I am pretty sure that Jasper is the cutest kid on the face of the planet!!! And also congrats... You have been SUPER inspiring!

As for me - well I think I broke my plateau!! Down 2 lbs this morning.... but we'll see how long it lasts.