Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    spicy guacamole on toast; cup of tea.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    2 poached eggs with creamed cottage cheese & tomato on soy and linseed bread
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast food is an Sausage McMuffin with Egg. It's 440 calories through the drive through window, which is not horrible. However, the version I have at home almost every day is significantly lighter.

I have an incredible device that let's me cook the egg, warm up the sausage, and toast the muffin -- all in one unit.

Back to Basics TEM500 Egg-and-Muffin 2-Slice Toaster and Egg Poacher
    http://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-TEM500-Muffin-2-Slice/dp/B000B18P96

Morningstar Farms - Veggie Sausage Patties, 1 patty
    Stop & Shop - Light Multigrain English Muffin, 1 muffin
    Eggs - Poached (whole egg), 1 large
    Stop & Shop - American Cheese Food Yellow Singles Made With Skim Milk, 1 slice
    Calories 284, Carbs 28, Fat 10, Protein 24, Sodium 837, Sugar 3

Puncture the yoke before cooking. When the food is done, gently flatten the sausage a bit on a plate so that it better fits the muffin. Then assemble: muffin bottom, cheese, sausage, egg, muffin top.
  • megstoo
    megstoo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today was a fruit smoothie - 1 cup frozen fruit (no sugar added), 1 individual size greek yogurt (plain), 1/2 cup juice and 1 scoop whey protein blended with 2 ice cubs
    2 hard boiled eggs
  • Reevsie123
    Reevsie123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    40g rolled oats
    6g pumpkin seeds
    6g flaked almonds
    Table spoon Flax seeds
    Tea spoon Chia seeds
    5 g raisins
    200 ml almond milk - eaten cold after a 5 minute soak
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Six Star Cookies and Cream Protein Bar
    Yoplait Source Exotic Yogurt
    Water
  • nickimeade
    nickimeade Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had wheat bread from a local baker toasted with goat cheese, a big slice of beefsteak tomato and eggs over-easy. So yummy at 377 calories.
  • sweetscreams
    Options
    I never seem to find the time for breakfast or know what to have, i'm always so indecisive so this has been a great page to read through. I have taken a few ideas and my goal for the rest of the week is to make sure i eat something in the morning.

Thanks for the idea's guys xx
  • mihaelapopolan
    mihaelapopolan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Coffee, black, and a couple of cigarettes. I know it's bad for me, but...
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just had a whole grain oat meal and 2 boiled white eggs :3
  • cristyherron
    cristyherron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    24 oz of water (while breakfast was cooking). One boiled egg. Oatmeal. Coffee. It's what's for breakfast!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I used the last of my Kashi Raisin Vineyard yesterday, and found a good deal on their Go Lean Crunch, so I will be back at the drawing board to figure out my new mix.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Homemade pita bread, supremely spicy hummus, baby carrots, and green seedless grapes
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have eaten breakfast every day since getting back on MFP. And, I'm usually late for work because of it! Oh well... I often have the same thing. :tongue:

1 Toasted Thomas Everything Bagel Thin
    1 tsp. Whipped Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    1 Homemade Latte (7.5-8 oz. coffee, 2.5 fl. oz skim milk, 1 tsp. Benefiber)

I'm a fan of the Hood Simply Smart Skim Milk which doesn't taste like skim milk b/c it has milk solids added back.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is already planned. It's going to be 1% Cottage Cheese (with a T of Maple Syrup - I am a freak that way but it is SO good), also (not mixed in, that would be weird) fresh blueberries and some Canadian Bacon.

Re: Canadian bacon. I don't know what it is called elsewhere - do folks in the US call it Canadian as well?

Also, there is an unbelievable amount of protein in cottage cheese, according to my food tracker. It'll be a great way to start the day!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    cornflakes and milk :-/
  • kablackwood
    Options
    I have porridge every single morning. I haven't gotten sick of it yet!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    My DH is making me gluten free waffles (baked in a silicone waffle pan in the oven) and I'm topping that with plain 0% yogourt, fresh local nectarine slices, and coconut infused 20 year old white balsamic vinegar (as thick as maple syrup). He likes his with lots of butter and homemade blueberry jam. And a couple cups of Organic Mexican coffee fresh ground, black no sugar.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Monday: vanilla protein drink, big bowl o' ready brek porridge, a banana, an apple and a pint of green tea.

Tuesday: vanilla protein drink, soy yoghurt with chocolate chip mini Weetabix, two bananas, some grapes and a pint of green tea.

Wednesday: vanilla protein drink, a bagel with vegan Nutella, a banana, an apple, some grapes and a pint of green tea.

I work 10 hour shifts in a cafe with only one break, so breakfast is very important during the week. On days off I have considerably less for breakfast.
  • Mary8812443132
    Options
    I love this recipe for breakfast:
    Creamy Kale and Eggs
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons chopped leeks, white and pale green parts only (about 1/2 small)
    1 bunch kale, stems removed and cut crosswise into thin ribbons
    Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
    4 large eggs
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
    4 slices crusty bread, toasted

Directions
    Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, reduce the heat to low, and cook until softened but not brown, about 8 minutes.
    Stir the kale into the leeks and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season the mixture with the nutmeg and some salt and pepper. Stir in the yogurt until combined.
    Make four indentations in the kale and carefully crack an egg into each. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg. Cover the pan and cook the eggs until the whites are completely set and the eggs are cooked desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium (runny yolk).
    Divide the eggs and kale among four serving plates, top each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons Parmesan and serve with the toasted crusty bread on the side.

Link: http://foodeaser.com/en/2014/05/06/creamy-kale-and-eggs/