Skinny Bi**h Book

Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    lol @ all the propaganda posts

makes it easier to keep murdering others when you just pretend its all propaganda I guess
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I read it but I never followed it
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I loved that book. Definitely a page turner. I like what they had to say but
    I don't eat a lot of meat to start with. I have never been a big meateater
    but with that said I still eat meat. I will never be vegetarian. I think with
    any advice you should use what works for you. If you feel the need to be
    vegetarian, good for you, I wish I could. But, if you are like me just eat
    everything in moderation. I personally try to get my food organic or from
    local farmers.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    OP, when reading a book do you think about what biases the authors may have and what agendas they are trying to push?
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Some facilities engage in inhumane treatment of animals being prepared for consumption, but not all. You can do your own research about how going vegetarian/vegan conserves resources and whatnot, but I found most of the information they put in their book to be inflammatory, exaggerated, and irrelevant to a healthy lifestyle. A whole chapter on poop? Come on, now...

It's ultimately up to you whether or not to give up meat and/or dairy, but don't do it to be skinny, which is what their main goal is. To me, it seemed as though their biggest concern was being skinny and not necessarily being pro-environment and pro-health.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    nuhno.gif

Love your gif!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've never read the book. I had the Skinny B**** Cookbook. I saw a chick talking about it on the Doctor's and they said it was pretty good, but said they would be wary about being vegan, especially when pregnant. But they also said it was healthy. So I bought it. Never used it, and gave it to my dad for recipes cuz he eats almost vegetarian.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Hell
    No.
  • Jwildeboer
    Jwildeboer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have not read the book, but in response to not eating meats, why would you not eat meat? We are omnivores. As far as dairy, there's a lot to say why we shouldn't consume dairy, but that could be a different debate. It's more so eating natural foods, not processed food. Something that is very difficult in America at least.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    No, but my cousin read "Run, Fat ***** Run." It really helped her to get into running, and she looked fabulous on her wedding day.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    No, but my cousin read "Run, Fat ***** Run." It really helped her to get into running, and she looked fabulous on her wedding day.

I want that now based on title alone! :laugh:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    89d.gif
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    humans are natural meat eaters. A diet of just meat and dairy would definitely kill you faster, but since caveman age we've been meat eaters. So no, do not stop depriving your body of the best protein out there!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm so eternally boned if healthy = skinny.

seriously- UNHEALTHY FOR LIFE!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

we will have to start a colony then...I suggest some place with palm trees
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

we will have to start a colony then...I suggest some place with palm trees

as long as there is beer- and a pull up bar- I'm sure we can manage. I'm cool with palm trees.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I read the Book Skinny ***** by two models Rory and Kim.
    Has anyone else read this book?
    I am curious to get everyones opinon on the information in the book!
    They explain in graphic detail how badly mistreated animals are and that to loose weight means you need to be healthy. Healthy= Skinny. They say to go vegetarian and always start your day off with fruits.
    I like the book but should i really stop eating meat & dairy?
    Opinions?

Thank You!!! : )

Sounds like they started off with good intentions that paved the road to Retardlandia.
  • benchsquad65
    benchsquad65 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I read the Book Skinny ***** by two models Rory and Kim.
    Has anyone else read this book?
    I am curious to get everyones opinon on the information in the book!
    They explain in graphic detail how badly mistreated animals are and that to loose weight means you need to be healthy. Healthy= Skinny. They say to go vegetarian and always start your day off with fruits.
    I like the book but should i really stop eating meat & dairy?
    Opinions?

Thank You!!! : )

Don't listen to those hippies. My great grandfather was an Inuit hunter and he hunted and ate seals and whales and he was healthy as can be, beter than these pathetic 18 year olds who weigh 400 lbs and can't walk up a flight of stairs.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I feel as though if you have to ask other people if you should go vegetarian, then you shouldn't. If the health aspects/moral aspects don't speak to you intensely and directly, then you shouldn't be making that decision and you don't clearly understand what it means.