Skinny Bi**h Book

Options

Replies

• vintagelovesongss
    vintagelovesongss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I disagree about humans being biologically omnivorous, but agree to disagree. However, I did not tell the OP to ever restrict further, but rather gave my opinion, like the dozens of other members. Why would eating a meat-free diet cause an ED sensitive person to relapse?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The ignorance in your reply is overwhelming. Studies have shown time and time again that the consumption of meat has been linked to heart disease, obesity, and even cancer. Healthier and cruelty-free proteins can be found at every supermarket and restaurant now (soy, quinoa, buckwheat, legumes, nuts, rice and beans, seitan, etc.) So maybe "depriving your body of the best protein out there" is actually better than depriving it of healthy and moral sources of protein and amino acids. :)

Are you actually serious?! You're saying that anyone who isn't vegetarian/vegan is at increased risk of disease? over consumption of anything isn't good. Moderate consumption of everything is fine. Stop trying to bash people who choose to eat meat!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I disagree about humans being biologically omnivorous, but agree to disagree. However, I did not tell the OP to ever restrict further, but rather gave my opinion, like the dozens of other members. Why would eating a meat-free diet cause an ED sensitive person to relapse?

Good lawd, you really do not get it. You broached your posts as facts and not opinion. Basically, your posts you have told the OP to restrict further. How can you not see that.?

Also, who cares if we are or not - we can eat meat. Simple as that.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Hey babe! :) I became vegetarian 6 years ago after watching and reading about the various cruelties that animals are subjected to...just for our tastebuds. After I gave up eating meat and eggs, I lost 25 pounds, my body felt cleaner, and I felt better about myself knowing that I do not support the slaughter of those poor animals. Many people believe that animals are treated well at these "family farms", but it's a sad misconception, if you don't take my word, I suggest you watch the documentary "Meet Your Meat" on YouTube. I know it's really hard to watch, but it's essential, ignorance is not always bliss! It's awesome that you are even considering becoming vegetarian, and I hope you'll make the best choice for your health and the animals. :)

No, sorry. My husband worked on several family run farms and the animals were treated very well. Common sense alone should tell you that most animals aren't mistreated on farms. I mean, at the end of the day, those animals are their product. Mistreating the product could affect the quality of the meat, and therefore result in lower profits.

You're sharing alarmist propaganda that doesn't reflect what really happens in most cases.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP: you have mentioned in your other threads that you have an ED, BDD and are underweight.

You absolutely should not be reading books like Skinny B!tch.

You need to stop looking into these types of 'diets' and reading these books/articles and seek professional help.

I am going to be tacky and quote myself as this is important and may get lost in the flag waving.
  • vintagelovesongss
    Options
    I never TOLD the OP to restrict further, I do not understand how she cannot just substitute her meat calories and nutrients for meat alternatives. Yes I give my opinion, and yes I know that many will not like it, but I also provided reputable sources based on FACTS along with my personal views and opinions. Overall, like you said, you choose to eat animals and I choose not to eat animals.
  • vintagelovesongss
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone getting diabetes by eating too many raw vegetables...
  • vintagelovesongss
    Options
    LOL, at the end of the day, they are still slaughtering the poor things!

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/investigations.aspx
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I've never heard of anyone getting diabetes by eating too many raw vegetables...

What on earth are you even on about now?

However, in that topic - look up calcium oxalate.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Anyone claiming vegertarian and vegans are healthy because they don't eat meat have never met my ex. Also, many vegans and vegetarians in India, who are vegetarian because of religious believes are morbidly obese. Don't go for buzz words.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    LOL, at the end of the day, they are still slaughtering the poor things!

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/investigations.aspx

FFS stop being so selfish.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I never TOLD the OP to restrict further, I do not understand how she cannot just substitute her meat calories and nutrients for meat alternatives. Yes I give my opinion, and yes I know that many will not like it, but I also provided reputable sources based on FACTS along with my personal views and opinions. Overall, like you said, you choose to eat animals and I choose not to eat animals.

Oh ffs..yes you did. Giving up meat and animal products is further restriction by definition. You did not even make suggestions on how to do it healthily - no, you were too busy tell her what not to eat.

Also. who said I chose to eat animals...you assumed I did because you wanted to deflect the comment about your agenda by throwing it back at me.
  • vintagelovesongss
    Options
    WHAAAAAT THE HECK?! How in the world am I selfish, I think giving up one the in order to benefit/save others is the exact opposite of being selfish. Whatever, I'm done, because obviously one cannot give her own opinion without being bashed and being called insults. :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    WHAAAAAT THE HECK?! How in the world am I selfish, I think giving up one the in order to benefit/save others is the exact opposite of being selfish. Whatever, I'm done, because obviously one cannot give her own opinion without being bashed and being called insults. :laugh:

Still about you I see!
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Such entertaining reading! Enjoying the laughs while I eat my yoghurt...really looking forward to my chicken breast at lunch....mmmm chickennnn
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

I see your simplistic nonsense, and raise you science:

SYNOPSIS OF THE PRIMARY EVIDENCE (CONCLUSIONS)
    Humans can be regarded as natural omnivores, so long as one uses the common definition of the term: a natural diet that includes significant amounts of both plant and animal foods. (Humans might not qualify as omnivores if one uses the definition of omnivore as advocated by D.J. Chivers and associates, and discussed in earlier sections herein.)

To use terms that are linked to gut morphology, humans are either faunivores [meat-eaters] or frugivores with specific (evolutionary) adaptations for the consumption of animal foods. This, of course, means that humans are not natural vegetarians. A short summary of some of the evidence supporting this follows (the material below was discussed in depth in earlier sections of this paper).

The fossil record.
    Approximately 2.5 million years of human omnivory/faunivory are apparent in the record, with genetic adaptation to that diet the inevitable and inescapable outcome of evolution. The supporting evidence here includes isotope analysis of fossils, providing further evidence of consumption of animal foods.

Comparative anatomy of the human gut.
    The best scientific evidence available to date on gut morphology--analyzed using two different statistical approaches--shows evidence of adaptations for which the best explanation is the practice of faunivory. (Faunivory as an explanation is also supported by optimal foraging theory in hunter-gatherer tribes.) Further, the human gut morphology is not what might be expected for a strict vegetarian/fruit diet.

Comparative physiology (metabolism)

Intestinal receptors for heme iron. The existence of intestinal receptors for the specific absorption of heme iron is strong evidence of adaptation to animal foods in the diet, as heme iron is found in nutritionally significant amounts only in animal foods (fauna).

B-12 an essential nutrient.
    Similarly, the requirement for vitamin B-12 in human nutrition, and the lack of reliable (year-round) plant sources suggests evolutionary adaptation to animal foods in the human diet.

Plant foods are poor sources of EFAs.
    In general, the EFAs in plant foods are in the "wrong" ratio (with the exception of a very few exotic, expensive oils), and the low synthesis rates of EPA, DHA, and other long-chain fatty acids from plant precursors point to plant foods as an "inferior" source of EFAs. This strongly suggests adaptation to foods that include preformed long-chain fatty acids, i.e., fauna.

Taurine synthesis rate.
    The low rate of taurine synthesis in humans, compared to that in herbivorous animals, suggests human adaptation to food sources of taurine (fauna) in the human diet.

Slow conversion of beta-carotene.
    The sluggish conversion rate of beta-carotene to vitamin A, especially when compared to the conversion rate in herbivorous animals, suggests adaptation to dietary sources of preformed vitamin A (i.e., a diet that includes fauna).

Plant foods available in evolution were poor zinc and iron sources.
    The plant foods available during evolution (fruits, vegetative plant parts, nuts, but no grains or legumes) generally provide low amounts of zinc and iron, two essential minerals. These minerals are provided by grains, but grains are products of agriculture (i.e., were not available during evolution), and contain many antinutrients that inhibit mineral absorption. This suggests that the nutritional requirements for iron and zinc were primarily met via animal foods during human evolution.

Bitter taste threshold as a trophic marker.
    An analysis of the human bitter taste threshold, when compared to the threshold of other mammals, suggests that our sensitivity to the bitter taste is comparable to that of carnivores/omnivores.

There is no such thing as a veg*n gatherer tribe.
    And there are no records to indicate that any such tribes ever existed; also no evidence of any vegan societies either.

The actual diets of all the great apes includes some fauna--animal foods.
    Even the great apes that are closest to being completely vegetarian, gorillas, deliberately consume insects when available. Chimps and bonobos, our closest relatives, hunt and kill vertebrates and eat occasional meat.

Many of the ancillary claims made in comparative "proofs" of veg*n diets are logical fallacies:

The misinterpretation of animal studies using domesticated or feedlot meats to condemn all omnivore diets.

The misinterpretation of clinical studies showing negative results for the SAD/SWD as indicating negative results for all omnivore diets.

The misinterpretation of the results of the China Project to claim it "proves" vegan diets are best and all omnivore diets are bad.

John McArdle, Ph.D., an anatomist and primatologist, a vegetarian, and scientific advisor to the American Anti-Vivisection Society, summarizes the situation clearly [McArdle 1996, p. 174]:

" Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet. For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns".

http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/comp-anat/comp-anat-9a.shtml
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Animals will continue being treated badly, even if half the globe goes vegetarian. Food is not the only thing animals are used for, not to mention that the majority of dwindling animal populations is caused by the destruction of their natural habitat, which in many case has nothing to do with food.

It's a matter of power and abuse of power, not a matter of eating vegetables. Vegetarian agriculture is not void of abuse either. Have you heard of the honey bee problem? Bees are dying out at an alarming rate due to pesticides and fungicides contaminating pollen that bees collect to feed their hives.

Also starting the morning with fruits has to be the worst advice for anyone with even the slightest insulin resistance (and that means anyone who is obese or close to obese). For "skinny *****es" it may be fine, but not for us folks who still have quite a bit of padding. Blood sugar has its highest spike after breakfast, so combining that with lots of sugar and carbs is not a good idea. I myself struggle with this since I'm not a big fan of meat and a very big fan of fruits, so the ball happens to drop quite often.

Now if it's an emotional subject for you and you feel that you are unhappy eating animal products, there are many other great substitutes like almond nut and soy milk, various tofu concoctions, beans.. etc. You will not go hungry being vegetarian or mostly vegetarian. If you do decide to go this route, you will have much more work to do. Poorly planned vegetarian diets can be deficient in vitamin B12, calcium, vitamin D, zinc, iron, and omega 3 fatty acids.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Yes you did. Telling someone not to eat x is in fact telling someone to further restrict.
    The links you have posted are far from facts - opinion pieces, etc..
    I don't care whether you eat meat or not - and Sara ... well, you might go look at her diary before you make those accusations.

However, telling someone that has an ED history to restrict food type is unethical, unsound for the site and frankly, if you continue along that path, your posts here will get reported.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I never TOLD the OP to restrict further
    I do not understand how she cannot just substitute her meat calories and nutrients for meat alternatives.

Do you not see the conflict in your own statements or are you choosing to ignore it? Or are you just trolling which generally would be fine by me but we have somebody here who has ED and giving somebody with ED a bad advice is not good. Perhaps before advocating how animals are treated, we should look at how we treat each other. That includes giving bad advice.