Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ December '10

Options

Replies

• cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Cspinney – Do you watch your sodium? Sometimes that can cause a spike and it helps to drink a lot extra for a few days.

JAM

Valid point. I've definitely been feeling bloated and I can't seem to get enough water, I just keep chugging. My diet is pretty consistent, so I don't know if a sudden increase in sodium is very likely though. Still seeing high numbers on the scale today. The last of my antibiotics will be Sunday, so I guess I'll have to wait and see if that is the culprit.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    So I did Turbo Jam last night with my 12yr old daughter. She has never done it with me before. This was soooo funny! I burned more calories laughing at her than anything! We were cracking up! We did the learn and burn so she could get the moves down and then the workout. When we started working out she was hopping around going whoa whoa hold on hold on!! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life!!...That is until she was doing the punches and she punched herself in the mouth!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was on the floor by that point!!! She was laughing and said I can't believe you can keep up with this!! This was a great mother daughter moment that I will never forget!!! It was just so funny! I hope she will try it again with me sometime. She was brave enough to do the next level with me and bump up to the 20 minute video also so I give her credit, but sheeww...it was funny!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

I am laughing to hard to write anything.

Have a great Friday everyone!

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Last year we didn't make latkes for Hanukkah because we were being extra careful about what we ate. This year we're at maintenance so we decided to splurge on latkes.

We made a meal of latkes with homemade applesauce and fat free sour cream. I cooked them on a griddle with very little oil so the calorie damage wasn't bad at all.

Now we're taking turns on the exercise bike to burn a few more calories to make the day come out even. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: babygurl, your story cracked me up.....your daughter sounds great ....you are so blessed.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Hope your weekend has gotten off to a great start. Today I had an abundant of energy and became an exercise bandit. First, I completed the free Saturday boot camp session. We worked in teams of two and while one person completed an exercise their partner was completing something different and then we switched (push-ups/jumping jacks, burpees/walk squats, lunges/step ups, pillars/bicycles and a whole host of other exercises). Boot camp lasts an hour but I still felt like I could rock out more so I headed to my local gym and completed the 45 minute kickboxing class. Once that was done I decided to cool down by walking 32 minutes on the treadmill (3.0 - 4.2 mph at an incline of 3.0 - 4.0). When I was done I came home showered and ate a big bowl of oatmeal with a banana. Now I'm watching television and relaxing.

Babygurl: Thank for sharing that story because it was hilarious but it also let's your daughter know that working out is not easy. I'm sure she's giving you a lot of credit. Hopefully she will try it again because that is an excellent way to bond w/your daughter. Thank again for sharing b/c I really LOL when I read your post.

Barbie: Your dedication truly inspires me. Great job continuing to maintain. I've slowing inched my way back up to weight loss mode but I did not regain a whole lot of weight. I really think I've gained muscle along w/some actual weight b/c I'm still rocking my size 6 jeans/slacks and small shirts.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: choco, thank you for the kind words....your commitment to exercise continues to inspire me and help me stay focused.

:flowerforyou: today I had the last meeting of a committee I've been serving on for two years.....i love everyone on the committee but won't miss the day long adventure of the meeting......the meeting itself lasted only about two hours but complex carpooling, traffic contingencies and a long restaurant meal afterward had me leaving the house at 7:30 AM and getting home at 5 PM.....we had Mexican for dinner----chicken mole enchiladas with rice and beans but I got pico de gallo instead of sour cream and guacamole and brought half of it home for DH who was thrilled to get it.......I did get to walk for about 40 minutes while waiting for my carpooling connection and I've ridden the exercise bike for 25 minutes and will ride again before bedtime.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening all! Today is my designated rest day so I took it real light. I completed the Recharge dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to bring it this week.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I did an hour of Wii step and stationary bike and my arm exercises with a 5 pound weight. That did not tire me out, but cleaning the living room did. Gosh! Do we have a lot of stuff laying around. lol I tried to get my kids to pick up their own stuff, but a lot of it (evidently) doesn't belong to any one who lives in our house.

Have a great Sunday Evening and a Happy Monday!

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Isagenix cleanse day today but I had to go to a meeting this morning that was held at a restaurant :laugh: the dogs and i walked and played for 50 minutes at the dog park, I walked at home for awhile and rode the exercise bike but otherwise took it easy doing laundry and watching movies :bigsmile:
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in, it's been a little busy for me! Weighed in yesterday and only lost 0.5. I'm happy with it but I haven't quite made up for Thanksgiving yet. I started to use Biggest Loser on my Wii a few days ago, set myself up for the month challenge but haven't gotten back on it since that first day. I always say I'll make time to do something, anything but then end up too busy or too tired. :ohwell: I know, excuses... and I seem to be full of them.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day for me. I took it easy in exercise and food. I had 646 calories leftover yesterday with no exercise. I really struggle with just getting 1200 calories a day. I don't think I have ever gotten 1200 or more. I am always under by at least 100 and that is before exercise. I just can't eat any more I am full.I am stuck at 118. Struggling to get over that hump!! Any suggestions?? I feel like I am starting to stuggle with I am working hard and nothing is happening!! I know the end is really hard and I am at the end with only 18 more pounds to loose but come on geez can I get the one pound a week I been working at??!!??!!

My husband bought me a box of my favorite little debbies as a treat the other day. I know he meant well and he says you can have just one you never meet your calorie goal and this will help you. He doesn't understand thats not how I want to meet it. I haven't even touched the box other than to put it up in the cabinet! We went out to a bar Saturday and I refused to drink because I was so worried about what I was really putting in my body. My friends thought I was crazy but they are all overweight. This is not a diet I told them it's a lifestyle change get use to it or back off! I ended up having one drink and left the other one they bought me one the table untouched. I'm just not sure my friends understand. I know my husband gets that I'm serious but I don't think he knows the rules. Any thoughts?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I hope everyone's week got off to a great start. I had a real early hair appointment so I had to get up extremely early in order to get the workout in. I'm so glad I'm a morning person because if not it would have made getting up at the crack of dawn a whole lot harder especially since it was unseasonably cold here in GA. Nonetheless, the alarm clock went off and I hopped right up and began preparing for the workout. I decided to re-start the Chalean Extreme program until I can decide on my next move. I will follow the program but on cardio days I'll mix in other dvds so I don't get too bored too quick. Let's see if I can stick with it. Today I completed the Burn Circuit 1 dvd and then completed Ab ripper.

Babygurl: I wish I had some answers for you but everyone's so different regarding what it takes to get over a plateau and lose the last 5-20 lbs. I don't know what you did to lose the weight in the beginning but you may need to change things up and I know you stated you're full but you might not be eating enough especially if you work out consistently during the week. As for your friends, I stand tall and I believe they will come around, I know mine did. Sometimes I dont always get invited to the drinking and eating outings but that's fine by me. As I stated to them, "I like to do things other than drink and eat, so invite me to those functions". My friend brought me a Thanksgiving plate because I was volunteering all day and when she arrived she said "I didn't put a lot of food on it because I know you don't eat a lot and like to eat healthy". I told her I appreciated her thinking about it before just piling everything on it. I say all that to so that it will take time for your friends to adjust to your lifestyle change and if they're are true friends, they'll adjust and eventually it won't be an issue.
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all. Glad to see most everybody is doing well. I'm on track for my exercise goal this month. I haven't done as well with my eating, but only on two days, and even then it wasn't terrible, just too many carbs for me. I'm back on track though and plan to stay that way.
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Shewww.....I just finished 3hrs of power walking that was pretty much a jog! My legs are now jello my hip is killing me but I am going to kick this plateau's *kitten*!!! I burned enough calories for a whole nothers day worth of food...I am not eating all them though just some! I am bound and determined to get over this hump!!:grumble: Have a great night all I must soak it up in the whirlpool tub now
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    I'd like to join. I am 5'-1 ... ish, I have this theory that I should have been 5'-6" or so and I was just squashed down. My mom and Dad are as short as I am, but I have a sister and 4 female cousins that top them by nearly a head. The german and spanish passed me up and I got all the hispanic.. ;).
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Thanks Choco I will keep that in mind. Alot of my weight was lost by just eating right and walking alot of miles training for a mini marathon. That is what I am currently doing now training for another mini in April. I think I am going to try throwing in some new videos I have the p90x video series and some pilates and of course turbo jam that I love but have only use the learn and burn and the 20 minute workout. It has several more workouts on it I think. I think I am just gonna try and switch things up in between my nonwalking days. My 3 hours last night felt awesome though. Great time to just unwind and think!! Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Today was my designated cardio day so I completed the Plyometrics dvd from the P90X program. Awesome Burn and I'm sure my quads and hamstrings will be mad at me tomorrow.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Annita, I've spent too much of my life thinking I should have been taller :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: now I'm finally OK with myself and after a zillion false starts finally got my weight where I want it.......now I am highly motivated to keep it there so I check in with these fabulous ladies and stay focused on being active every day

:flowerforyou: babygurl, you sound like you are on the right track......never, never, never give up

:flowerforyou: Choco, I love how you have an organized routine and how you are so consistent :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: this was my mixed up day with exercise bike, walking at the dog park, and maybe some walking at home before bedtime. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

I am doing OK on calories, but having that end goal out there is turning into being very depressing. I think 5 pounds is just too much for me to loose in one month. I'd have to really up the exercise calories and I just don't have the time to that. But, I will just keep on keeping on until I get to my goal weight.

Babygurl- read up on starvation mode. If you don't eat enough, you won't loose anything. Otherwise, keep doing what you did to get where you are.

Got to Go,

Jeannie

PS: keep on keeping on everyone!
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good for you for "keeping on keeping on", Jeannie, haha!

I'm doing alright. I ate a ton on Sunday so my weight went up slightly, but I've got this under control now. The cold makes me not want to exercise though... bleh.
  • puppysue
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I am 5'1 and big busted to boot ... its not cute anymore lol... in the old days I used to be able to stop traffic and now they just run me over hahahahah... I would like to get rid of the roll that now supports my boobies... its handy at my age but not pretty lol... I have no idea how to participate in the group so if someone could hold my chubby hand that would be great!