Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ December '10

Options

Replies

• losingnow
    Options
    Just checking in. Not doing so hot in December. Weight is up but have no idea why as I have been trying to watch what I eat. Maybe tom is around the corner. Other than that doing ok. Started a paper route that takes about 4 hours once a week of walking, I did it today without too much huffing and puffing:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I am 5'1 and big busted to boot ... its not cute anymore lol... in the old days I used to be able to stop traffic and now they just run me over hahahahah... I would like to get rid of the roll that now supports my boobies... its handy at my age but not pretty lol... I have no idea how to participate in the group so if someone could hold my chubby hand that would be great!

We all participate by checking in every day and posting often.....we share about our exercise....we all know that health and weight loss require exercise.....we try to exercise every day and learn new ideas from each other......we are different ages and different fitness levels so there are many variations on exercise among us.

:flowerforyou: I am 64 years old and have some issues with my back so my exercise is dance, walking (alone, with my dogs, indoors, outdoors), exercise bike, yoga and pilates.........others who are younger or more physically fit do more strenuous stuff.......the best exercise is the one you'll do.......I look forward to hearing more from you. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome Puppysue!! Just drop by and let us know how your doing! Chat as often as you like.:happy:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome Puppysue! What a charming name! I am a dog lover/cat hater. But, our 3 cats might beg to differ on feeling hated or they might agree that I could do a lot better job of providing for them. The 3 dogs are definitely pampered pooches. Although, they might disagree on that too.

I did 60 minutes total exercise today: 30 on the stationary bike and 30 on the Wii Fit doing the Free Step. I was suppose to start circuit training this week, but life and family got in the way. Maybe, I can start this weekend.

To all: While we'd all like to loose this month maintaining and not gaining over the holidays is an accomplishment. So let's keep that in the back of our brain as we all try to do better this month.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: JAM, you are right about maintaining this month in the face of the challenges of December.....right now, there don't seem to be too many festive eating events coming up but things could change.......I'm cooking a turkey dinner for friends on Tuesday and I have no idea what the rest of the month will be......so one day at a time I'm staying focused on good eating and exercising

:flowerforyou: today there was enough of a break in the rain so I could take the dogs to the dog park

:bigsmile: I'm teaching a new dance at my line dance class tomorrow morning.....I'm nervous and excited ..and spent about 30 minutes practicing the dance after supper
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a busy day so I only had enough time to log on and log my exercise but I completed the Burn Circuit 2 and Extreme Abs dvds from the Chalean Extreme program. Since today is my designated cardio workout I completed the Billy Blank's Cardio Boot Camp dvd.

Jam: While technically I'm within my goal range (120-125 lbs) I would like my weight to hover closer to the lower end which is why I want to lose anywhere between 2-4 lbs but agree that with the holidays and celebrations upon us my goal for this month is to simply maintain.

Great job everyone for getting in exercise whenever possible and paying closer attention to your calorie intake.
  • babygurl1
    Options
    So in trying to get my calories up to 1200 I thought maybe trying some new recipes out would help. I found the website www.skinnytaste.com oh my goodness!!! I made the Pumpkin Pie Dip last night talk about heaven and only 120 calories for half a cup!!! WOW it is so yummy!! She has some awesome recipes on there!! Lots of dinners and snacks and even more desserts!! So much yumminess and so few calories! I think I'm hooked!:love: Have a great day everyone!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Babygurl - I just checked out www.skinnytaste.com and I think I will try their pork chop with mushrooms. Rice with peas is one of my only ways to eat peas. I've been trying for years to learn to love them, but it's not working. I do love them with rice thought. Thanks for the link.

Barbie - good luck teaching the new dance to your class! I bet you will be great.

I am finally warm at work today, so I am not munching or wanting to munch because I am cold. I'm wearing an OLD wool sweater that was my Moms and it is like from the 1940s.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: JAM, I hate being cold so I have to wear long underwear and many layers......I have two wool sweaters that I knit before I joined MFP so they are huge but they are so warm that I wear them at home on the really cold days.

:flowerforyou: My dance teaching went well today....it looked like a lot of people learned it.....I'll do a review next week and maybe the week after.....it's a dance to the song "Drinkin' Beer" sung by Billy Currington.

:flowerforyou: we went to a party this afternoon where I ate a modest amount of cashews, cheese, veggies, and salmon spread which wasn't too bad since it was a line dance day with a walk at the dog park and several sessions on the exercise bike.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!! I finally got over the hump and lost another pound!! :smooched:

Jam-I am glad you checked it out and found something you liked! She seems to have so many recipes and they all look so yummy and they're all healthy!!:flowerforyou:

Barbie--Congrats on your class..I love that song!:drinker:
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am doing OK on calories, but having that end goal out there is turning into being very depressing. I think 5 pounds is just too much for me to loose in one month. I'd have to really up the exercise calories and I just don't have the time to that. But, I will just keep on keeping on until I get to my goal weight.

I am never able to lose 5 pounds in a month, even if I am doing everything perfectly. I think you just have to keep plugging away. Even if the losses are small, they add up eventually!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Thanks for all the supportive words everyone! I appreciate it.

I've have reached a significant hurdle on my journey. I've learned to throw food away when I can't finish it. After hearing about how wasteful it is to throw food away - you know the kids in Africa would love to have our left overs, I was raised to always finish what was on my plate. Not any more! I can eat half of something and throw the other half away if it is not something I can save.

Have a great Friday everyone!

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Today has been absolutely wonderful. It was our unit Christmas luncheon and we played a game called "Dirty Santa" and it was a blast. Since our luncheon was held at a restaurant called Pappadeux I made today's workout cardio instead of the scheduled strength training. So, today I completed the Burn Intervals dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and Core-week 1 dvd from the Kettleworx series.

Jam: I usually order something I can save for later and once the plate arrives I automatically pack it up so I don't even get tempted to continue eating. Find what works for you and go with it. Wish you nothing but success.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I was reading an article on weight loss tips and thought this one was interesting:

5. Replace shortening with applesauce. When baking cakes, brownies or muffins, replace oil with equivalent amounts of applesauce. This enhances flavor, locks in moisture and reduces calories.

You can also find low-calorie recipes on the Internet. My favorites websites are the Food Network, All Recipes Healthy Cooking and Eating Well: Healthy Recipes Collections. And don’t forget to check out the fabulous recipes at Cooking Light.

I think I've heard about this before on MFP, but thought with the holidays and holiday baking coming upon us it was worth a repeat.

Have a great day everyone. I hope to get some Christmas Shopping done.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I had a wonderful night babysitting 3 children, aged 5, 8 and 12. My friend and her husband asked me to watch the children so they could attend a birthday celebration so I decided to stay at their home. We played Uno attack and then sang and dance all night. The youngest finally went to sleep at 12:30 am and the other two stayed up until their parents arrived home which was about 1:30/1:45 am. The adults stayed up talking until about 3 am. Since I had exercise boot camp this morning I was unable to sleep in. I had to be up at 6:30 am, out the door by 7:30 am in order to arrive at boot camp by 8:30 am. As always, boot camp did not disappoint. We completed upper body (shoulder presses, arm circles, push ups etc), lower body (squats, lunges, calf raises etc) and ab (bicycles, toe touches crunches etc) circuits. EXCELLENT WORKOUT! After boot camp I headed to the local gym and completed 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Once the workout was completed I was able to get in a little bit of grocery shopping and bought lunch. I have now showered and eaten and am about to relax for the remainder of the day.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today I completed the Stretch X dvd from the P90X series. My body really needed today's stretch because it was extremely tight.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We got most of our Christmas shopping yesterday with only a few odds and ends left to do. Our mall trip is over and that is great. Usually, we shop right before Christmas. It was nice to have good selections left.

It is a warm and sunny day in New Mexico for December, so I've been working outside and plan to put up some outside lights.

This morning I did free weights, rode the bike for 30 minutes and my outside chores. I think I might take a nap before tackling stringing lights.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: it's a drizzly day here but there was enough of a break in the weather to go to the dog park for a 40 minute walk and do a bit in the yard.......this is my cleanse day so I keep it simple and don't do too much exercise :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! This post will be pretty quick because I have some work related things and errands to complete. Today I completed the Burn Circuit 1 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and the Ab Ripper X dvd from the P90X program.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :smile: I survived the cleanse day, went to bed early, got up early, and really enjoyed my breakfast. I danced, rode the exercise bike, did a bit of puttering in the yard and took the dogs to the dog park, now I have the rest of the day to do something with my hubby.:smile: