Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ December '10

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Today I completed the Burn It Off dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I had a wonderful weekend but my arthritis has flared up in my knee and back so I'm in a little bit of pain. I plan on completing some type of workout everyday this week but it the intensity may vary depending on how I feel.
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Mondays seem to be a loss for exercise for me, since I cant seem to wake up to my alarms. The weights I did while showering.
    I think I blew the calories over the weekend since I cant remember how much of what I ate over the weekend, I remember what I ate just not how much. Went tree and christmas shoppin with my sisters on Saturday & essentually got my laundry and my kitchen cleaned on Sunday. Sometimes I think weekends are a wasted time, I never seem to get anything done.

But I spent some time with my sisters, got some gym time in and only have 4 people left on my x-mas list so it wasn't a total waste.:wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Annita, it is always hard to stay with the plan when your schedule is different......I had a Sunday with too much eating of the wrong foods and too many events that required sitting still so today I am trying to eat as carefully as possible and be active as much as possible ( instead of being at the computer I should probably be walking or riding the exercise bike :laugh: )

:flowerforyou: Choco, I hope you feel better soon, you love being active and this has to be a tough time for you.

:flowerforyou: Hotbottom, the only people who lose weight fast are giant to begin with or terminally ill........the closer you are to your goal, the harder it will be but if you stay consistently to healthy eating and exercise, the weight will come off :bigsmile: never, never, never give up

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, go hug your kids and give yourself a break from the stress.....you can do all the stuff you need to do :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: we have windy, nasty, cold weather so I'm trying to find ways to get some exercise indoors......my hubby wants to watch a movie and says that my walking and dancing is too loud so he wants me to sit still and watch the movie with him.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies thanks for all your words of encouragment it helps keep me motivated to know I have a great support system here. The other day I said had finished 300 sit ups I meant to say 300 crunches. I haven't tried to come all the way up yet, sorry for the confusion. So it's day 3 of my crunches and I am sore but making it! They are getting easier and I am thinking of adding another 100 in. I so want to have a flat stomach by Jan. I know good core muscles will help me with the minimarathon I am doing in April.

Choco I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Barbie tell the hubby to just deal with it..lol just kidding. Mine says the same thing when I'm doing my crunches. He says are you done yet I keep seeing your arms flying up in front of the tv..lol well sorry I tell him!! haha
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Mondays seem to be a loss for exercise for me, since I cant seem to wake up to my alarms. The weights I did while showering.
    I think I blew the calories over the weekend since I cant remember how much of what I ate over the weekend, I remember what I ate just not how much. Went tree and christmas shoppin with my sisters on Saturday & essentually got my laundry and my kitchen cleaned on Sunday. Sometimes I think weekends are a wasted time, I never seem to get anything done.

But I spent some time with my sisters, got some gym time in and only have 4 people left on my x-mas list so it wasn't a total waste.:wink:

Annita - just post what you can and just post either a half or whole serving of it. It will not be accurate, but will give you an idea of what you ate. I've had days like these and just posting made me feel better and more responsible even though I went over.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Barbie, Thanks for the hugs for the kids. I think we all needed it.

Both kids got into the schools that they wanted to go to. So, we are going to just go with it. DD will loose a math credit. DS will loose 2 credits. So they will both be in summer school next summer to make it up and graduate on time. I think that switching them mid-year and in the middle of high school is hard enough, so we will do the two schools. If DS doesn't do well he will go with DD next year, so it is up to him to succeed.

The kids at the charter school near us got so excited when they saw my kids. There were screaming girls swarming DD and guys saying a cool hello to DS. I almost thought DS would change his mind and go there.

Have to go. Here comes Mom with her walker. lol

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today I completed the Cardio Burn & Sculpt dvd from the Melt It Off series. The arthritis is still flared but I feel better than I did yesterday. Hope everyone is having a great day and your Christmas shopping is done because I heard the malls have been a mad house.

Babygurl & Barbie: Thank for the well wishes and great job with your workouts. Barbie good job at staying active despite a bad eating day. Babygurl great job w/getting 300 crunches in and for even considering adding another 100.

Jam: Glad to learn your children were able to get into the schools of their choice. Hopefully that will make transitioning a lot easier. I can only imagine how difficult switching schools during the school year could be. The high school I graduated from began in the 7th grade. You had to take an exam to get accepted and you could only enter in the 7th and 9th grade. Since I entered in the 7th and only a few new kids entered in the 9th I was able to stay with the same group of kids for 6 years.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: JAM congrats on getting your kids set in their new schools....high school is so tough....it was a nightmare for me and I was a good student so at least I succeeded academically because the social part was horrible....your children are so fortunate to have you as their advocate

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: choco, I've read that it is better for arthritis to stay active and you seem to be evidence of that...I agree with you about staying out of the stores, even the grocery store is getting a little crazy.

:flowerforyou: babygurl, thanks for the encouragement......I keep trying different places in the dining room or kitchen so the sound of my feet doesn't carry and I don't make shadows on the TV screen......last night I got 3000 extra steps on my pedometer walking up and down on the back porch while we watched the lunar eclipse.

:flowerforyou: we have more wind and drizzle today but the dogs didn't mind the weather when I took them to the dog park. ..I put up the hood on my warm jacket over my wool hat and got a great 40 minute walk while they played.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Today was strength training so I completed the Burn Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.

I am still undecided about what program I will begin in the new year and I need to make a decision quickly since it is upon us. Does anyone know of a place to purchase the Turbo Fire program cheaper than on the beach body site? I would like for that to be my next program but don't really want to spend the money since there are other pressing issues that need to be tended to.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: this is my big exercise day......dog walking and yoga before breakfast, then exercise bike and the advanced line dance class, then a five mile walk on the trail with a friend followed by more time on the exercise bike.....my sweet husband took the dogs to the dog park this morning so I didn't have to take them .

:flowerforyou: today has been a beautiful day with rain predicted for the next week......it won't get cold enough to snow which is bad news for the stay at home snow lovers like me but good news for people who are traveling. :bigsmile:
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Evening all;

Made it to the gym two days in a row... it's not a record for me because I made it 2 weeks at one time, but it's better then I have been doing. I didn't get to see the eclipse because Portland was pretty much under clouds the whole time.

I normally only get exercise when I go to the gym because I have a desk job. I know that is not an excuse ... especially for those of you who also have desk jobs but manage to get walks in at lunch and breaks; but I get so focused that I forget lunch... my breaks ... and to go home entirely some days. I have alarms set on my computer and cell phone, but since they can't lock my computer so I have to stop working I tend to ignore them and keep working until I get to a stopping point ... which can be as much as 2 hours later. So I am glad that I made it to the gym these last 2 days. On that track; I found a new program on the elliptical that takes 33 minutes instead of 45 to get the same sort of calorie burn. I will try to get the squats sets in again tomorrow.

Does anyone else in this group make new years resolution?

I didn't make last years resolution of spending every Saturday out of doors. So I will repeat it again this year, but slightly modified. For 2011 will go Fishing and to archery practice every Saturday, or Sunday if there is a B-day that I have to attend, I will call family ahead of time to confirm the parties so that I can change my schedule for that weekend (because I have a REALLY hard time going of schedule). There that should cover it. It is in writing. Since these things should show up in my exercise list if they aren't there ... you guys can sent be a virtual smack.:wink:
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    I spoke ... wrote ... too soon and jinxed myself. Last night my sister missed her bus for work so I had to give her a ride, so I got home after 11pm and then slept through my alarms and missed the gym.:sad::ohwell: I should be able to go tomorrow since I don't work.

I wish you all a merry Christmas:flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Choco- Try Craig's list for a used copy of the workout program you want.

ChshireKat - What happened to you is exactly why I hate concise resolutions or statement. I hope 2011 is better for you and you get to the gym more than this year.

Barbie - You continue to amaze me on your exercise and diet routines. An inspiration to all of us.

I still have to shop for Christmas dinner and have cookies to bake. I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow morning. This week off has gone by too fast and, as always, I planned more than I could do.

Today to make up for a piece of cake I had (hubby made and I had to have a piece or hurt his feelings) I have to spend an hour on the bike today. Hubby and MIL have been baking and so far I have been able to resist all but the last cake.

Chat with you all later,

PS: Yes, I will make a New Year's resolution for 2011 or two. I make them general so as to allow for success and not get caught in exact wording.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Annita, I don't make New Year's Resolutions......I believe that each day is a new beginning so a whole year is too much for me......actually since I started on MFP I've been setting goals for the month and then each month either choosing new goals or using some of the old ones again.....I have my December goals posted in my signature so i can see them every day.

: :flowerforyou: JAM, I don't have kids and I don't work a job outside my home so it's easier for me to find time for exercise...I do make exercise a top priority and I've changed my attitude and outlook about exercise since I joined MFP.......now when I have a few extra minutes, I walk or jog, or ride the exercise bike instead of reading, sitting, or knitting.....that has made a huge difference. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Today was an extremely busy day and I'm just finally getting around to posting. Since today is my designated cardio day I completed the Core Cardio & Balance dvd from the Insanity program. I love that I have so many programs to choose from so when I get bored I can switch it up.

I am also happy to announce that I purchased the Turbo Fire program today and I'm hoping to begin that program on January 17, 2011. I chose that day because it's after my birthday and all the celebrations should finally be behind me and I can begin concentrating on healthier eating. I was able to purchase the entire program off of Ebay for $78.00 so I'm extremely happy. This was my first time ever using Ebay so I'm hoping this will be a positive experience.

I don't necessarily make New Year's Resolutions but I write out something called "A Better Me". I list the type of person I've been that year (example: understanding, impatient, great w/money, a curser etc) and think of areas where I can improve (example: Spiritual, financial, Health, Emotional) and then I write out specific goals and concrete ways in which to measure them (example: decrease the amount of cursing I do while driving, instead of cursing everytime i'm in the car (which is something I usually do) I'll only curse 4 days and I think of things I can do instead of cursing like counting to 10). I write all this down and refer to it weekly to see how I'm coming along. It may seem like a lot but it has really helped me become a better person and continually improve myself.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Merry Christmas Eve! I hope everyone is looking forward to spending time with their family and friends because I know I am. Today is a strength training day so I completed the Burn Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Choco, I like your approach to New Year's resolutions......thank you for sharing your plan.

:flowerforyou: today we had a huge spread of "goodies" at line dance and I took the time to admire everyone's handiwork and then said "no thank you" to all of it.....later I took the dogs for a long visit to the dog park in the howling wind

:flowerforyou: tomorrow we are going to the movies
    no family, no food, just the two of us doing what we want to do together :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! I hope this post finds you all in good health and spirit and amongst love ones. I will be heading to a girlfriends house later this afternoon where there will be plenty of food, drinks, games and laughter. I always have the best time with her and her family.

Since I know I will be indulging later I decided to rock out today's workout. Today I completed the Burn Intervals dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.

I got the ham in the oven in time, but forgot about taking the rolls out to let them rise. =( Oh well,

The presents are opened and I got two new sweaters in smaller sizes that fit nicely. Everyone liked what they got, so a good day so far.

Have a great day everyone doing what ever it is you do today.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: JAM, congratulations on getting clothes in a smaller size :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am reminded of my holiday clothing story.....in 2005 I bought a pair of size 16 black denim pants to wear as part of the outfit for our line dance class performances at five assisted living places......in 2006 and 2007 I wore the same jeans that had been put away for a year.....in 2008 I could stuff myself in those jeans only by lying down on the bed to zip them and they were very uncomfortable.....in February 2009 I started on MFP and by December I was able to buy a pair of size 6 jeans at the thrift shop and when I put them on again this year for the holiday events, they fit ( maybe even a tiny bit looser than last year).....I don't ever want to have to stuff myself into last year's clothing......i wish the same for all of you. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: