December Challenge....

Options
1235»

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday squats, so I completed 60 squats (3 sets of 20) and 70 Modified Push Ups (5 sets of 10 and 1 set of 20) today AND I did 2 regular push ups....YAY! Before I started the push up challenge in November I couldnt do 1....loving the progress but I still dread doing push ups
    Well, I haven't logged for a couple of days and missed Sunday & Monday. So, tonight I made up the day of squats that I missed, as well as the day of push ups I missed. I completed 100 squats, and 200 push ups!! Thats right 200 (30 regular and 170 modified)!! Squats is I can't believe I was able to complete these this evening. It took me a while, but I was able to accomplish during the commercials while watching TV. I now realize that I am capable of much more than I give myself credit for. I am sure that I will be sore tomorrow, but I know that I can accomplish anything as long as I believe that I can. Good luck everyone!! Keep working hard and believe in yourself!!

Wow! That is AMAZING! Keep up the good work
  • turbojanem
    Options
    so, i haven't forgotten about this challenge. i have been posting a reminder on my page most days. it's turned out to be an interesting month with 2 funerals and the typical December/holiday madness.

keep plugging away daily, we will get to Jan 1st and be back in full swing with our hearts and attitudes lined up together.

cheering you ALL on to a healthy lifestyle.
    Jane
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Haven't been checking in, but I am still on track with my original goal. Good luck everyone, keep up the good work!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Haven't been checking in, but I am still on track with my original goal. Good luck everyone, keep up the good work!!

Good Job!

Wish I could say the same....I havent did anything since Tuesday. So, I think I'll play catch up today because I'll be busy tomorrow. That means I have to do120 squats for Wed and Today (6 sets of 20 squats) and 70 modified push ups....I'll let you know how it goes.
  • hessond
    Options
    Squats done for today! Good luck loveme, way to plan ahead! I just don't have to do another 200 push ups in one day especially since I am supposed to start with 25 regular ones tomorrow. I wouldn't mind doing 200 squats in one day, but don't want to do another 200 pushups like that again.
  • hessond
    Options
    Squats completed for today, and pushups for yesterday!
  • loveme445
    Options
    ok...I dont know what's going on but I cant get in the groove of this challenge. I missed so many days its going to be crazy trying to catch up. So, I'll just start fresh tomorrow and try to make up these 5 days (Wed-Sun) by the end of the challenge.....
    Make-Up Work Due by Dec 31st: 180 squats and 140 push ups

Good Job Hessond! You're doing great!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    December has proven to be challenging for many of us. there are lots of task to complete, to many events to attend, way to many distractions. know that we are all in the same boat. thankfully in 2 weeks the craziness will be done. the kiddos back in school. short days will be turning to longer days in January. yes, it will be a couple of months till spring...but the craziness of the holidays will be done so that we can focus on what we need to do for our health.

Cheering you all on!
    Jane
  • loveme445
    Options
    Completed 75 squats for today (3 sets of 25)

Make-Up Squats/Push Ups Due by Dec 31st: 0/180 squats and 0/140 push ups
  • hessond
    Options
    Squats and push ups completed today. It seems to be much easier to do the squats and push ups in the same day. I hate to say this, but as much I hate doing pushups they do seem to be getting easier. Good job loveme. Way to stay committed to this challenge.
    Diana
  • loveme445
    Options
    Completed 75 squats for today (3 sets of 25)

I know I'll keep up with the squats but I just cant get into the push ups.

Make-Up Squats/Push Ups Due by Dec 31st: 0/180 squats and 0/220 push ups
  • hessond
    Options
    Squats and push ups finished for today!
  • hessond
    Options
    Another day finished!!
  • hessond
    Options
    Well I missed one day (yesterday), but I have been able to tell a huge difference since we started these challenges in November. When we started this challenge it was difficult for me to complete a set of 15 modified pushups. On Wednesday, I was able to complete a set of 20 regular pushups followed by 20 modified ones. This challenge has really helped me improve my upper body strength. Are we going to do another challenge for January?