December No Late Night "Junk/Health Snacking

Options

Replies

• esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and no food past 7 pm. Not even a piece of gum!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me 8/ Lns 0

Great job Esorcel!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old son came home after Tae Kwon Do and insisted that he(we) make a smoothie. He'd made one at school in consumer/family class and wanted to show us what he knew - so sweet! How could I say no?! I drank about 6 ounces of a very healthy (yogurt, banana, strawberry), yummy smoothie and then I wanted *more-more-more*. It was so hard to "just say no" but I did. Whew!

ME 7/ LNS 1
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 8 ~ LNS: 1
    My 11 year old son came home after Tae Kwon Do and insisted that he(we) make a smoothie. He'd made one at school in consumer/family class and wanted to show us what he knew - so sweet! How could I say no?! I drank about 6 ounces of a very healthy (yogurt, banana, strawberry), yummy smoothie and then I wanted *more-more-more*. It was so hard to "just say no" but I did. Whew!

ME 7/ LNS 1

Good Job! We have to support our children and at least it was healthy!
  • kayakbud
    kayakbud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ok, so I'm totally an MFP virgin poster, but have been "lurking" for a while. HOWEVER, LNS IS MY EATING DOWNFALL! has been since staring university 7 years ago. I'm finally graduated, and working on starting my new (old) life of healthy eating and consistent exercise, but I NEED a way to combat the draw of those oh so deliciously tempting late night snacks! I was good for a while, then fell prey last night, it is as though this challenge is a gift from the heavens. Is it too late to join? what do u guys do when that cupboard is calling and no one else is around to see you indulge? how do you beat it?
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Last night went according to plan: Me 7 vs LNS 1

Everyone's so great!
    Zaza, get back, miss you :wink:.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    kayakbud - WELCOME. This has been a helpful thread for lots of us.

Fit2_T - Sounds yummy. And sounds like you are setting the right example :)

Dew - Great job!!!

AFM:
    Last night was my late night, and after I got home from dinner out with the family, still munchy feeling, but refrained. Even when my daughter wanted a snack while watching a movie, I told her, why bother, we just ate a huge dinner 20 minutes ago, and she refrained too. I see how easily boredom eating can even effect them.

9 me/0 LNS
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I want to be IN again, I miss you all and I feel like I'm missing out with new people joining. I still don't have internet service (rebelling against paying money just to communicate with people). So I'll probably just checkin sporatically. I went down 2 more lbs but then have gained back 5 so I need to bump it up a bit; begin exercising and track food again. I need you guys especially since it's the holidays. :flowerforyou:
  • esorcel
    Options
    Didn't eat past 7:30 pm again. Was up in the middle of the night feeling hungry, but remembering this challenge, I drank water only. This has been very helpful. I have lost 2 pounds this week already.

I have to admit, I eat until I feel full right at 7:30 so that I have a better controlled appetite later.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I have lost 2 pounds this week already.

Esorcel, glad that it works for you the same way as for me :flowerforyou:.
    Lorna, 0 points for snacks? Excellent! You're definitely leading! :flowerforyou:
    Rosemary, SO VERY glad that you are back at it :love:. Missed ya

All well here, gathering points: Me: 8 - LNS: 1
  • esorcel
    Options
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 1

We're doing GREAT ladies! :drinker: (water and/or tea)

Welcome Esorcel! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the acknowledgement! It really makes me feel like a part of the team.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 9 ~ LNS: 1

Kayakbud- Welcome to the group. LNS was my downfall but this has helped me soooo much.

Dew-You’re doing great!

Lorna-Good Job! You’re undefeated….Keep up the good work! BTW, great job at motivating you’re daughter to stay away from LNS.

Rosemary-Welcome Back! So glad to hear from you.

Esorcel-You are doing a fantastic job!

Fit2_T- Keep up the good work!

ZaZa-Where are you? Get back here, WE NEED U!
  • kayakbud
    Options
    thanks for the welcome!! last 2 nights have been good, AND I have gone to the gym. Headed out to the movies right now, but I'm hoping you guys will inspire me to stick to my vitamin water as my only snack.

Me: 2 LNS:0
  • esorcel
    Options
    thanks for the welcome!! last 2 nights have been good, AND I have gone to the gym. Headed out to the movies right now, but I'm hoping you guys will inspire me to stick to my vitamin water as my only snack.

Me: 2 LNS:0

Hopefully vitamin water was your only snack. Remember: stay strong, but if you fall, bounce back quickly.
  • esorcel
    Options
    Can't help frequently posting that I survived another evening. This forum definently helps me to keep going with this.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Can't help frequently posting that I survived another evening. This forum definently helps me to keep going with this.

Absolutely post. We need all the encouragement we can get.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    10 me/0 lns

I already used up my two late nights, so we will see how this weekend goes. We are going out of town for the day today, so it will depend on how late the night goes.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 9 - LNS: 1 :happy:

esorcel, definitely post daily! Everyone's encouraged to do so.
    Lorna, be flexible, you deserve the bonus of one night for all the good work you've been doing this month :flowerforyou:.
    Rosemary, hope you get the change to log in more, I miss you :brokenheart: .
    kayakbud, here's to water :drinker: , hehe.

Have a great weekend everyone! Save all the sweets for Christmas and use the holiday shopping as a calorie burner, hehe :wink:.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 10 ~ LNS: 1
  • kayakbud
    Options
    esorcel and dew, thanks for the encouragement! I DID have a victory last night! Before I would have probably shared a bag of candy, some chocolate and drank a bunch of unnecessary sugar, last night I had only my vitamin water, and ate 1 measly twizzler (after the 80th time of my friend asking me if I wanted one...) YIPEE! Couldn't have said no all those times without u guys. Maybe these groups DO help! (and no, I'm not counting that twizzler as a loss, at 45 calories it's easily 1/10th what I normally would have had at the theater!!)

Continue to be strong guys, maybe everyone should post 1 strategy they have to say NO when the snacks come a-calling. Could help us all to resist the temptation.

Me, I picture when I'm dying on the treadmill, and that calorie number that ticks up E-V-E-R S-O S-L-O-W-E-L-Y. after all that hard work it ain't worth it to eat it back.....

Me:3 ~ LNS:0