December No Late Night "Junk/Health Snacking

Options

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 14 ~ LNS: 5

Dew: You know you're right. My cut-off time is 8pm everynight, no matter what's going on. I guess I should allow myself a late night on special occasions.

Good Job Ladies!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    OOPS :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    I could have saved myself 400 calories if I had stuck to my time.
    So for me,
    16 me/4 LNS

I'll do better tonight.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 15 ~ LNS: 5
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    Im in starting today.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    16 me/5 LNS

Wow!!! Really slipping here at the end. Someone please put a lock on that refrigerator...
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    16 me/5 LNS

Wow!!! Really slipping here at the end. Someone please put a lock on that refrigerator...

I cannot believe this - are you my twin sister or what?!? :laugh: - I have also lost 2 points... I don't feel guilty, though, cos having dinner between 8 and 9 was not an option for me. So I had to have something! after 9. Which wasn't really snacking, but still:

Me: 16 vs. LNS: 5

Hope to be a better example tonight! :wink:

I have thought initially: no challenges on Christmas. Then I came to realize that no LNS would be a very appropriate thing to do, since with all abundant food, stopping at cut-off time would just make some room for next day's breakfast :laugh:. So I, for one, intend to keep thing going for the remaining 9 days.

What are everyone else's plans? Feel free to adjust - if you're visiting your families/friends you have no control over *when* dinner is served. Just make sure once dinner is over you sip your wine/juice slower and think twice before helping yourself from the cookie plate. You know, being in control, while not stressing about it terribly. Does that make sense?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    What are everyone else's plans? Feel free to adjust - if you're visiting your families/friends you have no control over *when* dinner is served. Just make sure once dinner is over you sip your wine/juice slower and think twice before helping yourself from the cookie plate. You know, being in control, while not stressing about it terribly. Does that make sense?
    Great advice Dew. I don't actually celebrate the holidays so I don't always have the abundance of food that goes with it. But I do end up spending a lot more time with family and friends as everyone is off work, which of course usually resolves around some kind of eating. So this is a great idea. I'm going to adjust per each day, but make it more of a cut off plate or bite or drink, rather than time if I find that I am not in control of the time we are eating. Lately I've been overriding my "not hungry" trigger. Time to get back in the game.

WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I had fallen off the bandwagon since babysitting several kids for the weekend, and furthering my holiday preparations. Eating the wrong types of foods (fast foods) didn't help, because some of them trigger appetite and keep you hungry for as long as they are in your bodily system. Hoping today starts a clean plate until Christmas Day (it's a holiday, what else can I say?).
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    me: 6, LNS: 2 I feel really good about completing this every night. When I want to have a snack, I think that not only would I let myself down, but I would be letting down the group as well! thanks everyone!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 16 ~ LNS: 5

Lorna: You can do this!

Dew: I think my goal will be to make my cut-off after dinner instead of having a set time.

Esorcel: We all fall off some time, we just have to try our best to get back on track. I had about 3 bad days last week but I didnt give up and that's all that matters. You've been doing a great job!

TeamLeela: Good Job!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    17 me/5 LNS
    Did we make it Dew? Thank goodness for the alarm on my watch or I would have kept eating those yummy Trader Joe's chewy eggnog cookies (who thinks up these things? - must be a man)
  • dewdrop
    Options
    17 me/5 LNS
    Did we make it Dew?

Uh--hum :wink:.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 16 ~ LNS: 6
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Me: 16 ~ LNS: 5

Lorna: You can do this!

Dew: I think my goal will be to make my cut-off after dinner instead of having a set time.

Esorcel: We all fall off some time, we just have to try our best to get back on track. I had about 3 bad days last week but I didnt give up and that's all that matters. You've been doing a great job!

TeamLeela: Good Job!

Thanks for the support! It'll certainly provide encouragement later if I think about late-night snacking.
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    21 ME / 2 LNS

TOM got me tonight. And now I feel icky. Serves me right!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    aww man, it was so hard to resist late night snacking tonight...I had a large dinner purposely but now I want a snack. I'm not even hungry, I'm just being greedy. so I decided to pop on the site again and will call it an early night and wake up and have a healthy breakfast.
    good night all!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    18 me/5 LNS

Bring it on weekend!!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 17 ~ LNS: 6
  • dewdrop