TIME

Options

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I just realized that in your original post you have 3 hours after work to cook, do chores and "chill a bit". That, right there, is your work out time. Busy people who prioritize health and fitness sacrifice "chill a bit" for exercise.

In those three hours an hour is spent running (with warming up and down).

Shower and dinner pretty much take an hour before I get slammed for this my hair is down to my waist it takes time to wash and towel dry.

So is my hair :drinker:
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually ask for help as such I asked how people manage to fit in their epic gym sessions

I fit in my "epic gym sessions" by not making excuses. It's obviously not for you, so good luck.

I think this is as far as I need to go in this thread. Please OP in the future -- if ever you post again -- I'd love it if you prefaced your post with "I'm not asking for help - because what I am doing is working for me - but how do you all XYZ." That way we will know not to waste our time trying to help you do something you apparently don't need help on.

GAWD.
    200.gif
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just realized that in your original post you have 3 hours after work to cook, do chores and "chill a bit". That, right there, is your work out time. Busy people who prioritize health and fitness sacrifice "chill a bit" for exercise.

Shower and dinner pretty much take an hour before I get slammed for this my hair is down to my waist it takes time to wash and towel dry.

Me too, small world, alas I still get my workouts in every day...insane!! The madness of it all! :ohwell:
  • gkaffen338
    Options
    This thread seems to have gone on a tangent but if people are reading this and thinking "what can I do?" maybe what I do will give an idea or two.

Here is my schedule

Wakeup- 5:30am
    Arrive at gym 5:50am
    I take a shower and get ready at the gym
    Arrive at work 8ish :)
    Typically work till 6 or 6:30
    Arrive home 6:30
    Eat dinner with my lovely bride and clean up.
    7:30ish get my gym clothes ready for next day
    Also get my lunch ready for the next day
    Iron my clothes and hang them on the door so i cant forget them.
    8:15ish - till fall asleep down time, hang out play with dogs, catch up on dvr. whatever.

I feel like i have tons of downtime at night. I do all my laundry and cook all my lunches on Sunday.

It seems to work for me. I feel like working out at night and then having to take two showers a day and go through all that is a big time suck. When i'm off work i feel totally complete with my day.

Greg
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This thread seems to have gone on a tangent but if people are reading this and thinking "what can I do?" maybe what I do will give an idea or two.

Here is my schedule

8:15ish - till fall asleep down time, hang out play with dogs, catch up on dvr. whatever.

I feel like i have tons of downtime at night. I do all my laundry and cook all my lunches on Sunday.

It seems to work for me. I feel like working out at night and then having to take two showers a day and go through all that is a big time suck. When i'm off work i feel totally complete with my day.

Greg

Thank you I might try working out in the morning and just go to bed earlier.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Me too, small world, alas I still get my workouts in every day...insane!! The madness of it all! :ohwell:

And if I'm behind on time to wash/dry my hair after my workouts, I throw it up into a ponytail. Saves me about 30 minutes. Crazy right?!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Ok come on you guys. Stop being so mean to the OP! She doesn't have enough time to do what she would like to do, because of her really busy schedule. She just wants to know how come other people are not as busy as her, and can work out when she can't!

OP, I totally understand. Unlike everyone on this thread other than yourself, I have a job, work past 5pm, and commute back and forth from said job. I, too need to sleep, because I am a mammal. I also prepare meals for myself, shower, and sometimes I wash my clothes (not by hand - then I'd be really pressed for time! - but in a washer/dryer). Maybe if you guys were real adults with adult responsibilities and were as busy as us, you would get it.

OP, because you CAN'T get less than 8 hours sleep - like it's unthinkable that you should not conform to some convenient clichéd notion of how much sleep humans need, because you will literally die - you should totally ignore all the well-intentioned advice from those who thought you were looking for suggestions when clearly you just want people to say "oh man you are really busy, your life is so difficult and important! I'm proud of you for holding it together, good luck on your 10K!!!".

ETA Good luck on your 10K

But, not you. I don't think I hate you. I like you. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's currently 6 PM where the OP is from. So we are to assume you have the time at your place of employment to go on a silly tirade on the internet but it's frowned upon if you leave at lunch to work out or leave on time?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Here is my schedule

Greg

Thank you I might try working out in the morning and just go to bed earlier.

So OP was trying to look for ways to increase exercise. LOL what a thread. Best one since Mr tolerate funniest threads.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually ask for help as such I asked how people manage to fit in their epic gym sessions

I fit in my "epic gym sessions" by not making excuses. It's obviously not for you, so good luck.

I think this is as far as I need to go in this thread. Please OP in the future -- if ever you post again -- I'd love it if you prefaced your post with "I'm not asking for help - because what I am doing is working for me - but how do you all XYZ." That way we will know not to waste our time trying to help you do something you apparently don't need help on.

GAWD.
    200.gif

Most people on this website who have made inspiring changes don't really have epic gym sessions. They target their goals and knock them out consistently.

Now, if you're specifically asking "gym bunnies" where they find their time, then I guess I'm out.
  • Julzanne72
    Options

And if I'm behind on time to wash/dry my hair after my workouts, I throw it up into a ponytail. Saves me about 30 minutes. Crazy right?!

That is a fabulous idea....oh, wait, I wear ponies 75-80% of the time anyways...:wink:
  • Julzanne72
    Options
    It's currently 6 PM where the OP is from. So we are to assume you have the time at your place of employment to go on a silly tirade on the internet but it's frowned upon if you leave at lunch to work out or leave on time?
    lolololololz......I :heart: :heart: :heart: you!!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Okay daily timetable
    6.30 - Get up
    7.30 - Leave the house
    8.30/8.45 - get to work
    6pm/6.30 - leave work
    7pm/7.30 - get home
    7pm/7.30 - go for a run (warm up and cool down)
    8pm/8.30 - cook dinner/have a shower/eat dinner
    9pm/9.30 - tidy do washing chores etc
    9.30/10pm - wind down
    10.30 - Sleep

What do you suggest I cut???? Please tell me because I can't see anything I can cut???

oh stop it. You aren't a special snow flake. WE ARE ALL BUSY- and we make time for it. Cut you're hair if it takes too much time to deal with. Batch cook on the weekends
    Cut out wind down time
    Cut out chores every night- save those for the weekend
    Have more clothes to rotate through so you only have to do laundry once a week.

the short answer that you seem to be missing is we don't have more time in the day than you- we MAKE it a priority.

If it's not a priority- then don't do it.
    If it is a priority- then DO IT.

Like anything else- if it's a priority- you'll find a way.- but don't make excuses about it- not a single person here cares if you do or do not change your schedule- no one is judging you for that. But don't ask about how to make time and then just say you cant'. It's nonsensical.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread today ladies and gents.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Okay daily timetable
    6.30 - Get up
    7.30 - Leave the house
    8.30/8.45 - get to work
    6pm/6.30 - leave work
    7pm/7.30 - get home
    9.30/10pm - wind down
    10.30 - Sleep

What do you suggest I cut???? Please tell me because I can't see anything I can cut???

oh stop it. You aren't a special snow flake. WE ARE ALL BUSY- and we make time for it. Cut you're hair if it takes too much time to deal with. Batch cook on the weekends
    Cut out wind down time

the short answer that you seem to be missing is we don't have more time in the day than you- we MAKE it a priority.

Like anything else- if it's a priority- you'll find a way.- but don't make excuses about it- not a single person here cares if you do or do not change your schedule- no one is judging you for that. But don't ask about how to make time and then just say you cant'. It's nonsensical.

Do you spend HOURS in the gym, JoRocka? Because that's whom she wants responses from.

Not the incredibly fit people who are able to find ways of getting exercise done within a normal life.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Crazier - use a hair dryer.

Granted, my hair is just passed my shoulder blades, but hair dryers are one of my top 10 inventions of humanity.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Okay daily timetable
    6.30 - Get up
    7.30 - Leave the house
    8.30/8.45 - get to work
    6pm/6.30 - leave work
    7pm/7.30 - get home
    9.30/10pm - wind down
    10.30 - Sleep

Cut out wind down time

Do you spend HOURS in the gym, JoRocka? Because that's whom she wants responses from.

Not the incredibly fit people who are able to find ways of getting exercise done within a normal life.

I live at my gym- I actually have cot set up in the back for me.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Okay daily timetable
    6.30 - Get up
    7.30 - Leave the house
    8.30/8.45 - get to work
    6pm/6.30 - leave work
    7pm/7.30 - get home
    9.30/10pm - wind down
    10.30 - Sleep

Cut out wind down time

THAT's the sort of thing she wants to hear. I live ABOVE my gym. I have a 1300 square foot house over it.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Okay daily timetable
    6.30 - Get up
    7.30 - Leave the house
    8.30/8.45 - get to work
    6pm/6.30 - leave work
    7pm/7.30 - get home
    9.30/10pm - wind down
    10.30 - Sleep

Cut out wind down time

You sleep? I find no time to sleep since I spend most of my time lifting. Sleep is a crutch.