females that started around 300 lbs and lost without surgery

Options
12346»

Replies

• netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PROGRESS!!

I am back and I need to get serious - I have done this in the past - 2-1/2 to 3 years ago I got down to 239 pounds by using MFP - but for some reason I lost my mojo - quit smoking then and quit exercising - was feeling better than I ever had in my life that I could remember - I have survived breast cancer - I am now 48 and just had my 30th class reunion - lets just say I was not thrilled with the pictures - I'm suffering from lower leg swelling and am now wearing compression hose daily - I am ready to make a change - I AM CURRENTLY AT 301 POUNDS.... our youngest is a senior in high school this year - my goal is 50 pounds by the time he graduates and 100 pounds by my 50th birthday - more is always better, but those are my 2 big goals.

I was worked up for gastric bypass twice in the past and both times something happened in my life that basically told me it was not for me - and I know I can do this!!!

I have to do this for me first and foremost!!! - It can be done - God Bless and be good to you - WE ARE ALL WORTH IT!!!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started at 278.2 & size 22 and this morning i weighed in 153 (I'm up a bit from the weekend) & size 6/8. Check out my avi. :bigsmile:

Calorie deficit measured on a weekly basis has been the biggest factor. Although exercise and fitbit especially have been huge motivators. I love love fitbit as something tangible to measure exercise.
  • fallenluna
    fallenluna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow.:flowerforyou:
    Wow to all of you who have done so much to change your lives without surgery. You have actually changed your lives not just had a temporary quick fix.
    I started at 244 and am now down to 203(ish). I've lost 30lbs since the end of May on the 5:2 diet.
  • _SoundWave_
    _SoundWave_ Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i started over 300 and have lost 136 lbs so far without surgery, without diet or cutting major food groups out! Just making healthier choices and working out, more specifically lifting weights. They've worked a treat and are far more effective than just cardio

612edada-dc34-4185-850b-d0397d739590_zps5d1f7429.png
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on their success, this gives me so much encouragement to stay the journey and know it is possible and just take my time and not rush the process...just have trust in the process and not get discouraged!!
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    In for the stories and pics! Started at 336lbs, down to 280's and then fell off the wagon and gained it all back. Not been brave enough to get back on the scale yet, but my routine has shaped up again and back on the calorie counting!

Great thread, thanks!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration. I started out at 279 am currently got down to 249 maintained for 6 months, had an injury gained am back on track now and at 262.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started at 368 on June 1st, 2011, and as of today I am 185.8 (my listed weight is always a 7 day average). I joined MFP just over a year ago after a long plateau where I began to gain a bit.

I am about to post beginning and during photos on my blog. I'm the queen of slow but steady loss - sometimes under a pound per week.

I have had no surgery and use no medications for weight loss. I follow CALP (carbohydrate addicts lifespan program) for meal compostiion, frequency and meal duration, with a daily calorie limit this past year to help me with portion control (1500 cal/day max. I usually eat 1430-1450). I lost 86 pounds before beginning to use a calorie limit.

best wishes to you..it can be done.
  • jbowman_13
    jbowman_13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I have been losing weight together. We've been walking 3 miles/1 hour 3 or 4 times a week. She started at about 300 and has lost a good 20 lbs or so over the past couple months with not overly strict dieting. She's 5'8 with 60% body fat according to my scale. It takes time, undoubtedly, but you can do it!
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Started at 394 lbs now 305 lb.
    ThenampNow_zps7185b051.jpg
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started on 15th November 2012, I weighed 321lb

Today I weight 165lb, I'm trying to get down to 153lb, so only another 12lb left to lose and I'd like to do it by 15th November 2014.

Sadly I have no way to post pictures on here, but if you look at my profile, I do have some before and current comparison pictures.

Good luck xXx
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I have been losing weight together. We've been walking 3 miles/1 hour 3 or 4 times a week. She started at about 300 and has lost a good 20 lbs or so over the past couple months with not overly strict dieting. She's 5'8 with 60% body fat according to my scale. It takes time, undoubtedly, but you can do it!

I think this is wonderful. :)
  • sweetnshy
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited to have all you as motivation!
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am still new to the weight loss journey but decided I would chime in. I have been at it about 4 months now, started at 335 and am down to 288. Still a work in progress, but I will get there, you all are very motivating!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I started here at 245, but probably was 10-15 pounds heavier at my heaviest! I'm now hovering around 151-155.

7671150444_c926207cc9.jpg

155-ish
    14903678896_bb73610235.jpg

Side-By-Side 255 to 155-ish!
    14905205656_16f2107c6e.jpg
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!
  • KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As someone just about to start this journey (well start again and for the last time ever) this thread inspires me SO much!

Thank you all for sharing!
  • jmadyun21
    jmadyun21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring
  • kazzsj0urney
    Options
    I started at 380 pounds, currently approx 230 pounds, and I have done that thru good eating and exercise and making sure I get adequate sleep :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!