I'm confused about coffee

Options

Replies

• wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Coffee is very addictive. My bare minimum is 2 cups in the morning and another cup at night after work. Any less than that and I get so tired I can't stay awake and I get severe migraines. The first time I ever got one of the migraines they were going to put me in the hospital because the doctors thought I had a brain tumor. I had been 3 days without coffee (first day I just didn't have a cup, after that I was too sick). The day I was supposed to go in I felt a little better so I had a cup of coffee. Within minutes the migraine was gone.

I do love my coffee though so even without the migraines there's no way I'd give it up.

A dose of Excedrin would probably have worked as quickly as the cup of coffee, and for the same reason. Caffeine withdrawal is a common enough cause of severe headaches that caffeine is a standard ingredient in the medications used to treat them.

I was taking Excedrin. It very slightly dulled the pain but that's it. I should have said though, at that point I was drinking 2-4 POTS of coffee per day.
  • ggilbert95
    ggilbert95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I only drink coffee because of the supposed antioxidants in it. I've never developed an addiction to it, I don't like the taste that much. I drink it for the benefit. Also coffee itself is not a drug, the caffeine and other possible chemicals(such as added sugar) in it are the drug. I drink my coffee black. I feel like creamer water down the taste, but I prefer the black better. Its not sweet to me so I don't develop an addiction. I drink a cup or three when it is available to me. I never added sugar to my food or drinks, just as I never add salt.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't get the mug. "You may speak. I have to poop." ?

the lines are like a liquid level gauge...like on a fuel tank?
    OH! Thank you! I didn't understand it was level lines. Doh.
  • Diva_79
    Diva_79 Posts: 66
    Options
    Better than crack.

LOL
  • Diva_79
    Options
    coffee_measuring_cup_shh_almost_you_may_speak_poop_mug-r46c4047b908547ea965fa4163b24833e_x7jgr_8byvr_512.jpg?bg=0xffffff

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love this haha
  • Diva_79
    Options

For me personally, I have one 8 oz serving of coffee a day with soy milk during the week. I rarely drink coffee on the weekends.

I found your post really helpful. Do you use water and soy in your coffee or is that 8oz soy milk? I was concerned about the amount of soy i was drinking as I was drinking 1-2 cups of 10oz of lite soy milk and 2 teaspoons of coffee per 10oz.... (did that make sense? hehe) anyway, I think it was upping my calorie count, and I was concerned about all that soy! I don't like my coffee any other way.....

I apologize if this comes across as rude, and I admit I haven't had any coffee yet. Am I reading this right? If so, you were having 1-2 SIPS (2 teaspoons is one sip) of coffee per day, and think you had symptoms from cutting that out. Sorry, but that would be psychosomatic.

No no... That's how I make my cup of coffee - 1 to 2 teaspoons of coffee in the cup. Add ten oz of heated soy milk. Drink the WHOLE CUP ;-) hehe
  • lotr4000
    lotr4000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mmm coffee.

Black coffee blended with some coconut oil, butter, and a few tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream.
    Weight loss fuel. :D
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about quitting coffee. That's crazy thinkin!!
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on how to get used to drinking it black?
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My coffee of choice is ONE espresso in the morning (and not at any other time of the day!). Because Italians don't have time to sip.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Coffee saved my life after I had a baby lol
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Not quitting coffee! Not even gonna drink it black. It's one of the things I allow myself.

It is addictive, though, because of the caffeine. Decaf should be illegal though. WHY!?
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Mmm coffee.

Black coffee blended with some coconut oil, butter, and a few tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream.

No.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Mmm coffee.

No.

Weight loss fuel? Only when I'm constipated. It's MAGIC, I tell ya. :laugh:

Other than that, not a weight loss "potion."
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    If the worst thing I do is consume too much coffee I'm perfectly fine with that.

I drink lots of coffee
    I love the taste
    It helps me not hurt the stupid people I work with

YEP. I work overnight, and sometimes that good cup of coffee is the only thing that gets me through my shift without murdering anyone.
    As long as I keep it under 2 cups (large mugs), I don't notice any untoward effects. I just put a little half and half, and agave or hot cocoa mix in it, for under 100 cals total per cup.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

For me personally, I have one 8 oz serving of coffee a day with soy milk during the week. I rarely drink coffee on the weekends.

I found your post really helpful. Do you use water and soy in your coffee or is that 8oz soy milk? I was concerned about the amount of soy i was drinking as I was drinking 1-2 cups of 10oz of lite soy milk and 2 teaspoons of coffee per 10oz.... (did that make sense? hehe) anyway, I think it was upping my calorie count, and I was concerned about all that soy! I don't like my coffee any other way.....

I apologize if this comes across as rude, and I admit I haven't had any coffee yet. Am I reading this right? If so, you were having 1-2 SIPS (2 teaspoons is one sip) of coffee per day, and think you had symptoms from cutting that out. Sorry, but that would be psychosomatic.

No no... That's how I make my cup of coffee - 1 to 2 teaspoons of coffee in the cup. Add ten oz of heated soy milk. Drink the WHOLE CUP ;-) hehe

I guess you were using instant coffee? I never could stand the stuff...
  • x0PIEtRINA
    Options
    I would drink coffee 2-3 times a day everyday...I haven't had coffee for about a month straight because I decided to whiten my teeth because they were yellow from coffee.. yuck!! They are much more whiter now and my breath doesn't stink anymore...but I've been reading some of the posts and some people have mentioned not having bad breath when drinking it black! I ought to try that..but through a straw :-)

btw I read in an article a while back that coffee is going to be extinct by 2080 due to global warming.

probably why starbucks is all go green now and etc...they don't want to be out of business by then!
  • MoosyGoosy
    Options
    BLACK COFFEE.

I don't know why people seem to not like coffee breath :P
  • daddylawbucks
    daddylawbucks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try the Ancient Grains Almond Granola from Costco. It has no cafeene, but it will solve the constipation issue. Tastes good too.