What do we all agree on?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What I've learned from this thread is that we're a bunch of contrarians here.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Speak for yourself

:laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Speak for yourself

:laugh:

:wink: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: What do we all agree on?

The Dallas Cowboys will not make the playoffs this year.
    It will start with their demise when SF ruins their home opener at the beginning of the season.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    that it is not just one thing …but a combination of small winning decisions that work for an individual lead to weightloss.

for me..this is working right now…

water
    eating healthy foods at a deficit
    exercise
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Do you think we can live a healthy life without fruits and vegetables?

I'm sure you could, but that there are health benefits to eating a diet with plenty of vegetables is one of mine, although I'm not silly enough to think everyone will agree. I personally like and recommend fruit, but I think it's less important.

I'd also join in on the sleep one as one that should be non-controversially important, and it's one I struggle with.
    what about working out... can you be healthy and not workout?

Again, sure, especially if you have a reasonably active lifestyle anyway (like lots of walking). But that being active in some way if you can be is beneficial to health would be another I'd submit should be non-controversial.

On ones that should be non-controversial (but nothing is) that I'd submit--calories in, calories out is what matters for weight loss and diet has a relationship to health and how people feel most of the time (though not without exceptions, just as you can smoke 3 packs a day and drink to excess regularly and still live to 98 in some cases).

I'm not on any special diet, although I maintain a calorie deficit, exercise, and try to eat in a healthy fashion, as I understand it.

I haven't cut down on processed foods (and don't see any reason why I should), because (contrary to popular belief) that's not how I got fat. I never ate that many highly processed things (as I understand the term) and I think the processed foods I mostly eat (like yogurt and sriracha) are either good for me or make me more likely to eat things that are good for me.